Lombax Warrior
192 posts

Re: Let's discuss possible game modes

[ Edited ]
Jul 29, 2012

I'm ready to play some low gravity sumo ring, not sure what it would be exactly but it sounds fun.

Also, the presence of capture the flag is wierd. I don't think that would work well in this game.

Message 11 of 28 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1808 posts

Jul 29, 2012

the only part of the leak i dont like is the character cause people are being stupid think its the final roster, but if its we still have about 5 more spots, i like the fact now we know the game modes and stages though

Message 12 of 28 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Jul 29, 2012
SuperBot couldn't've done anything about the hacked leaks, really. All they can do now is capitalize, read up on popular response, and change as needed (i.e. A lot of people don't want a second Cole).
ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 13 of 28 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
240 posts

Jul 29, 2012

A second cole as opposed to an option to select good or evil from the same character seems like a waste.

Message 14 of 28 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
846 posts

Jul 29, 2012

Evil Cole could have an entirely different move set. And remember, no slots are wasted, just added.

Message 15 of 28 (60 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Jul 29, 2012

Those are great idea's! I hope there true.

Message 16 of 28 (52 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Jul 29, 2012

Platinumknight93 wrote:

Those are great idea's! I hope there true.

They're not ideas, they're part of the leak.  Either way in this aspect, I hope they're true.  More game modes are better.

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 17 of 28 (49 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5693 posts

Jul 29, 2012
MY THOUGHTS:
  • Arcade mode - Like smash 1p mode, classic
  • Solo Play - Like smash 1p mode, story
  • LAN game - multiplayer
  • Free Roam! (????) - multi-man-ish, maybe?
  • Challenge Trials..This Trials set involves fun trials with unique gameplay - Like smash's event matches
  • Training options - Like smash's training.
  • Gold Stars Collected - Shows the Gold stars that you've collected - Like smash Trophies.
  • Countdown Attack - The (3min-?min) original gameplay mode we'd been shown - timed mode
  • Character Trials...This Trials set involves mastering one character at a time - part of training, learning their moves and such
  • King of the Hill - Basically what it says (A good way to envision, is looking at the Buzz stage)
  • Capture the Flag - lol uhm. They'll probably extend the maps, or use moving ones or new ones for this... but yes, self-explanatory
  • General Trials The Trials set involves finding success with the fundametals of the game - Like 'Character Trials', but you learn about other stuff in the game, and learn how to do them.
  • Elimination Round 3 - Self-explanatory. Elimination. Whoever dies first (Maybe has a set amount of lives?) and is out for good, loses. Whomever survives, wins.
  • (Insane AI), (Hard AI), (Normal AI), (Easy AI) - Different COM difficulty settings OR Different Story Mode/Arcade Mode settings.
  • Customize Characters - Costumes.
  • Clue Bottles - hints for story mode, (Like the 'shiekah stones in the new OoT3DS game)
  • Killer Bees - Multiplayer mode. Bees attack. Sounds suckish.
  • Accessorize - Same as 'Customize Characters', but with different, more individual peices of clothing (Bracelets, sunglasses, etc.)
  • Kills are worth +2 Score and Deaths are worth -1 (this is mainly for info) - Information that is known...
  • Berzerker - another mode. It's a mystery to me.
  • Great Mighty Scythe - something having to do with the Fat Princess item. Maybe you can only kill with that item in this mode.
  • Grabinator - Like stamina - when their ap reaches Zero
  • You gotta do what? I gotta receive! - Blow jobs.
  • Disband Party - self explanatory. Deletes party.
  • Quick Match Game: Select Your Options - very quick MP game mode.
  • Season Leaderboard - top scores, also self explanatory
  • Max Supers Kills - puts limit on supers of each level
  • Recent Players- shows the most recent players...

what do ya think of my thoughts?

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/OFFICIAL-GEX-for-PSASBR-Thread-Sony-Santa-Monica-Please-Read/m-p/40066215/
Message 18 of 28 (45 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5693 posts

Jul 29, 2012

Red_Ring_Ryko wrote:

Due to the leak today, there are a list of game modes or options that were rumored.

low gravity
taunt_for_ap
team_momentum
pulsing_invisibility
ap_on_respawn
ap_loss_on_eject
ap_loss_on_crumple
ap_loss_on_twitch
slow_down_trial
smash_objects
dodge_or_die
king_of_hill
team_bodyguard
capture_the_flag
team_elimination
iron_fist
ap_steal_on_kill
sumo_ring

If these are true, this game stands to be absolutely incredible. My article said that I had hoped that SuperBot was going to make this game as varied as possible so that players (both casual and hyper competitive) can determine which style of play suited them best, and this actually hypes me up in a big way for the game. I had previously been apprehensive, knowing that I was going to buy it but unsure of what to think of it. If these options exist, I will find myself playing this for a long time to come. Your thoughts?

Where did  you get these? I found an almost completely different list.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/OFFICIAL-GEX-for-PSASBR-Thread-Sony-Santa-Monica-Please-Read/m-p/40066215/
Message 19 of 28 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5693 posts

Jul 29, 2012

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

WarriorofWinds94 wrote:

Red_Ring_Ryko wrote:

Due to the leak today, there are a list of game modes or options that were rumored.

low gravity High Jump
taunt_for_ap Taunt and you get AP
team_momentum Consecutive Team Kills = Advantage?
ap_on_respawn AP on Respawn
ap_loss_on_eject Enemy loses AP if you hit the AP threshold in a combo
ap_loss_on_crumple Enemy loses AP if you crumple them
ap_loss_on_twitch Enemy loses AP if you make them twitch
king_of_hill Self Explanatory
team_bodyguard Defend ally so that he doesn't die.
iron_fist Hard hits
ap_steal_on_kill Steal enemy AP upon kill
sumo_ring SMASH BROS

Can you explain to me what these game modes are?

Really, Sumo Ring could be Smash Bros-esque gameplay.  That could shut up please the Smash fanboys/morons people unsatisfied with the Super System

Sumo ring could also be what it says it is

Like there's a fixed area, and if you're out of the ring for more than a fixed amount of time, then you die?

Message 20 of 28 (43 Views)
0 Likes