WOAH! How did this get down here?

Bump.

Message 72 of 85 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2365 posts

Re: Let's Help Connecticut Shooting Victims

Dec 17, 2012
Still waiting for a reply from SuperBot. Let's hope it comes soon!
Message 73 of 85 (68 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
101 posts

Dec 17, 2012

Hope we get a reply pretty soon. Otherwise this might just turn into a bump topic.

Message 74 of 85 (62 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
101 posts

Dec 17, 2012

Bump

Message 75 of 85 (53 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
101 posts

Dec 18, 2012

Have you got anything back yet?

Message 76 of 85 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14647 posts

Re: A Cool Idea

Dec 18, 2012

My biggest problem with these things is that these families do not need money from us. Therapy is the only thing that needs to be purchased. They need  heartfelt responses and love. I am not trying to be a downer or hate on these charities, but I see no point in giving money to people who require something else. Now, paying for therapy is good, but if you look at the amount of money donated for these things, it disturbs me. The bus monitor who was harassed got hundreds of thousands of dollars, for example. This is much bigger than that.

I pray these families will push forward and get the help they really need. Not monetary help, but mental and spiritual help.

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 77 of 85 (41 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
101 posts

Dec 18, 2012

bob-maul wrote:

My biggest problem with these things is that these families do not need money from us. Therapy is the only thing that needs to be purchased. They need  heartfelt responses and love. I am not trying to be a downer or hate on these charities, but I see no point in giving money to people who require something else. Now, paying for therapy is good, but if you look at the amount of money donated for these things, it disturbs me. The bus monitor who was harassed got hundreds of thousands of dollars, for example. This is much bigger than that.

I pray these families will push forward and get the help they really need. Not monetary help, but mental and spiritual help.

It's not just the money. But it's the knowledge that people care about what they are going through.

Message 78 of 85 (35 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14647 posts

Dec 18, 2012

DoctorSprocket wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

It's not just the money. But it's the knowledge that people care about what they are going through.

By giving money! Condolences should speak louder than your wallet. There are kids dying in Africa of things that Americans have not died from in 200 years. THEY need money. These families need theraputic help and hope. 

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 79 of 85 (32 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
101 posts

Dec 18, 2012

bob-maul wrote:

DoctorSprocket wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

By giving money! Condolences should speak louder than your wallet. There are kids dying in Africa of things that Americans have not died from in 200 years. THEY need money. These families need theraputic help and hope. 

I see your point.

Message 80 of 85 (28 Views)
0 Likes