Jan 29 2013
By: Lombax-Ninja Hekseville Citizen 408 posts

Let me know when Ratchet's roll and air dodge get fixed...

21 replies 375 views Edited Jan 29, 2013

I am tired of not being able to roll around any moves or dodge them. Let me know when this gets fixed.

Message 1 of 22 (375 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2454 posts

Re: Let me know when Ratchet's roll and air dodge get fixed...

Jan 29, 2013
Will do, I will psn you a message
Message 2 of 22 (371 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
1079 posts

Jan 29, 2013
I would like them to fix being able to be grabbed when rolling! XD
all stars photo psasbr2_zpsc1059804.png

My raiden over all your mains.
#PSASBR2
Message 3 of 22 (349 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

Jan 29, 2013
Yeah I don't have this problem as a Ratchet main myself, but I really do wish they would remove being able to be grabbed well rolling its so dumb and makes no sense.
Message 4 of 22 (321 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

Jan 29, 2013
I have to highly disagree that rolling would be to good if you couldn't grab out of it. To start blocking is not really all that helpful sure it's good to stop a few attacks if you use it right, but they still gain some ap, and you have to stop eventually to counter, on top of that if there close it's pointless sense they will just grab you, and with people figuring out combos off grabs it can be dangerous to take that risk. As for rolling it should be safe to try and go either direction safely as sometimes you aren't giving an option, and rolling is already highly punishable without grabs someone can catch you right as you come out of it and land easy hits. At the end of it all I personally don't think being able to grab someone who is rolling is needed as it makes it almost pointless, why roll away when you can just run easier? The whole point of rolling past someone is usaully to set up a counter which is not always easy, but allowing someone to grab you out of it is basically rewarding the other player for being out maneuvered and falling back on a cheap tactic imo, that's fair? The only argument against it to me is it can be "spammed" which seems like a stretch to say, and you can negate grabs, but that's not that easy you have to time it near perfectly. Overall I just think its not needed as the main defense tactics are useful, but still very punishable and being able to get grabbed out of a roll is to much.
Message 5 of 22 (273 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

Jan 29, 2013
I didn't mention trying to jump away, but again that's punishable as well you have to rely on air dodging and if the person stays on you they will likely hit you eventually even if your the best air dodger to ever play the game.
Message 6 of 22 (272 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
616 posts

Jan 29, 2013
They aren't broken so they don't need fixing. It's just you that can't dodge.
Message 7 of 22 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 29, 2013

@shawdow9351 do you always give just flat out rude responses to everything in life you disagree with? I can dodge just fine it's not even reomotley about how well any one person can even dodge for that matter. Clearly you didn't read all of what I wrote or you need to read better, I'm saying yes blocking/dodge rolling helps, but only to a certain extent. As I said I believe the purpose of rolling past someone is usaully to counter them and you run the risk of getting grabbed while doing it, and it takes no skill on their part it's not hard to do at all, and really if your trying to get out of harms way what's the point in trying to roll away when just running normally is faster? I'm not saying it happens all the time either I effectively roll past people a lot then hit an attack of my own, but as I said its not even a matter of how effectively one uses it. IMO if you go to roll by someone you have out maneuvered them so why should they get the opportunity to grab you? If they know how to counter themselves they could easily roll themselves and counter you. I don't feel being grabbed out of rolls is needed from a tactical play standpoint or a fairness standpoint regardless of if you, or if anyone else thinks I just don't how to dodge or not which is irrelevant to what I was saying.

Message 8 of 22 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
616 posts

Jan 29, 2013
Grabbing is them reading your roll. If you knew they were gonna grab you could easily punish them for trying. It's not even just Ratchet so you're off topic anyways. Getting grabbed during a roll isn't an unfair mechanic. Learn to counter throw.
Message 9 of 22 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 29, 2013

No I disagree grabbing them is not reading the rolls after you initially roll they have just enough time to get you even if they didn't know you'd roll. How am I off topic? I never said it was just Ratchet. I disagree I think it's both unfair and just unnecessary due to better tatics, and again I know how to counter throw but the timeing for that isn't always reliable so I don't see that as a good defense for being able to grab out of a roll.

Message 10 of 22 (123 Views)
0 Likes