Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aug 30 2012
By: Thirty3Three Treasure Hunter 5693 posts

Let me clear something up! WOW this forum takes word-of-mouth FAR to seriously...

[ Edited ]
16 replies 413 views Edited Aug 30, 2012

ABOUT UNLOCKABLE CHARACTERS

One blog post said no unlockables for characters. NOT ONLY had I found evidence that says otherwise (look at my other post) but SuperBot also stated there will be unlockable characters. Also, Paul Gale didn't confirm unlockable characters just now; he's still going on what the post had said. Read his posts. 

He hadn't asked superbot about the unlockable characters yet, since this stupid rumor spread. Please don't jump to conclusions, guys! 
He's just going on that blog post, and you all are taking that anecdotal evidence as gospel. He never said "there WILL NOT be unlockable characters." Paraphrasing, of course, he said that based on what he'd now been hearing, (from the blog post) no unlockable characters. He's going off the same thing that those idiots who are spreading that are going off of...

ABOUT ROSTER SIZE
 I don't see anywhere, where he says 24 characters maximum. It could still be anywhere from 21-28-ish. 

ABOUT RIVALS:

It's not:
A rivals B, B rivals A.

It's A riveals B, B rivals D, D rivals L, L rivals A.

It's not linnear. 

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/OFFICIAL-GEX-for-PSASBR-Thread-Sony-Santa-Monica-Please-Read/m-p/40066215/
Message 1 of 17 (413 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1145 posts

Re: Let me clear something up! WOW this forum takes word-of-mouth FAR to seriously...

Aug 30, 2012

good you clear some things up for the ppl. . .

about the rivalty system. I didnt heard some specific information about that, but ur conclusion seems the best for me.

Trujuju_91-Sig.png

Message 2 of 17 (384 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
478 posts

Re: Let me clear something up! WOW this forum takes word-of-mouth FAR to seriously...

Aug 30, 2012
I disagree 333, when Superbot said that Heihachi and Toro were rivals, they said Heihachi and Toro were rivals. They didn't say Heihachi is Toro's rival or vise versa. I think the characters are paired. Also, you should say that that is your opinion in the OP before people go wild, take your word as gospel, or just whine about it. But I agree that people shouldn't take rumors so seriously and should wait for OFFICIAL news.
Message 3 of 17 (369 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
498 posts

Aug 30, 2012

CharlieisKewl wrote:
I disagree 333, when Superbot said that Heihachi and Toro were rivals, they said Heihachi and Toro were rivals. They didn't say Heihachi is Toro's rival or vise versa. I think the characters are paired. Also, you should say that that is your opinion in the OP before people go wild, take your word as gospel, or just whine about it. But I agree that people shouldn't take rumors so seriously and should wait for OFFICIAL news.

Paul Gale confirmed that it works exactly like 333 explained.

Message 4 of 17 (361 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5355 posts

Aug 30, 2012
Great post 3333
My Scaler (Obscure/Unique) Moveset!: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Scaler-Obscure-Unique-Moveset-Give-Feedback/m-p/41328063 Gimme Feedback on it?
Message 5 of 17 (348 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
478 posts

Aug 30, 2012
He never confirmed it, he said that "The characters have more interaction than you think, it's not just gonna be the rivals and the final boss and a bunch of random fights" or something along those lines. And if he really did then please source it, but Pauly G isn't exactly someone to confirm things, just give really vague hints.
Message 6 of 17 (329 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1329 posts

Aug 30, 2012
I have no idea what people are talking about.
Haven't even seen anyone start the "no unlockables", but I see a lot of people writing it, but meh.. Nobody here can confirm it, so I haven't listened to any of the bs posted here lately.
Message 7 of 17 (303 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
498 posts

Aug 30, 2012

CharlieisKewl wrote:
He never confirmed it, he said that "The characters have more interaction than you think, it's not just gonna be the rivals and the final boss and a bunch of random fights" or something along those lines. And if he really did then please source it, but Pauly G isn't exactly someone to confirm things, just give really vague hints.

http://paulgalenetwork.com/home/2012/07/29/massive-new-playstation-all-stars-battle-royale-qa-paul-g...

Q18) How unique will character rivalries be?
A18) Each character has his or her own rival, but it’s not that simple. Without giving too much away, know that there’s more to it than character A and B only having a feud with each other and there’s nothing ever between anyone else.

Message 8 of 17 (293 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1789 posts

Aug 30, 2012

Superbot said (i think at the EVO panel) that the rivals aren't in pairs. Just like in Street Fighter IV, for example. 

Message 9 of 17 (292 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
478 posts

Aug 30, 2012
Well ok then, guess your right. I was just defending my POV cuz I think the rivals not being paired up is kinda stupid. It's like "Hey, I'm your rival!" "No you're not! I'm his rival!" It just loses some intensity for me when rivals aren't paired up. I can't explain it so good, but I think you catch my drift.
Message 10 of 17 (272 Views)
0 Likes