Aug 05 2012
By: PlumpaTroll Splicer 53 posts

Legend of the Dragoon

35 replies 813 views Edited Aug 5, 2012

Way back in the day, I took a chance with some PS1 RPG known as "The Legend of the Dragoon". Not only was I impressed with this game, I was emotionally moved, even as a child. Not to long ago, I played it again. Still, the game has one of the best storylines I have ever seen in a game. LotD in my opinion deserves to stand right next to FF games as the best RPG's I have ever played. 

Does any one else feel that Dart (the protagonist) should be in PSABR? He fits some of the hints, and is a first party character. I personally think he would fit great in the game. The only worry I have is his popularity. And not only is he not that popular, but there are limited spots remaining in the lineup. LotD wasn't by any means the most successful game, and critics tore it apart. I do however know that there are still plenty of fans of the game who are still begging for a sequel or remake. Anyone else like me think that Dart should make the lineup? 

Message 1 of 36 (813 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1145 posts

Re: Legend of the Dragoon

Aug 5, 2012

with playstation all starts at the start line , its my first time hearing about this. Sadly i never played it , i guess

Trujuju_91-Sig.png

Message 2 of 36 (806 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2383 posts

Aug 5, 2012

PlumpaTroll wrote:

Way back in the day, I took a chance with some PS1 RPG known as "The Legend of the Dragoon". Not only was I impressed with this game, I was emotionally moved, even as a child. Not to long ago, I played it again. Still, the game has one of the best storylines I have ever seen in a game. LotD in my opinion deserves to stand right next to FF games as the best RPG's I have ever played. 

Does any one else feel that Dart (the protagonist) should be in PSABR? He fits some of the hints, and is a first party character. I personally think he would fit great in the game. The only worry I have is his popularity. And not only is he not that popular, but there are limited spots remaining in the lineup. LotD wasn't by any means the most successful game, and critics tore it apart. I do however know that there are still plenty of fans of the game who are still begging for a sequel or remake. Anyone else like me think that Dart should make the lineup? 

i have felt this for a long time

i loved legend of dragoon

Monkey D. Luffy (one piece) "I'm the man who's going to be the Pirate King!"
Guts (berserk) " I've never expected a miracle. I will get things done myself. "
Message 3 of 36 (800 Views)
Survivor
2494 posts

Aug 5, 2012
I haven't played Legend of Dragoon, but by what I've seen from it's dedicated fan-base and what I've learned about the game, I think Dart Feld would make one hell of an addition to this game.
"A man's venom poisons himself more than his victims."
By the way, just call me Count for short.
Message 4 of 36 (796 Views)
Splicer
53 posts

Aug 5, 2012
I believe this game is $5.99 on PSN under PS1 classics. Give it a try if you ever need something to pass the time!! Well worth your money Smiley Very Happy
Message 5 of 36 (794 Views)
Lombax Warrior
171 posts

Aug 5, 2012
I really hope he makes it in the line-up, LotD introduced me to the RPG genre and holds a lot of great memories for me as well. I feel like he could potentially have an awesome moveset and supers, and that he could be the Pit of PSABR and get a sequel if he gets in the game.
Message 6 of 36 (784 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
358 posts

Aug 5, 2012

I have never played Legend of the Dragoon but I have watched my big brother play it when I was little and it seems like a very good game and it should derserve a spot on PSASBR.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You forgot to take the safety off, rookie.
Message 7 of 36 (764 Views)
Wastelander
838 posts

Aug 5, 2012
I'd rather have Leonard from White Knight Chronicles (I have a feeling only either one of them will make it in if at all), but that's probably because I've played WKC, while I haven't played LotD. It seems that both didn't sit well with the critics, however...
Message 8 of 36 (759 Views)
Gaming Beast
1823 posts

Aug 5, 2012

This game was the first game I called "my all-time favorite."

Yeah, I think it was underrated, and yeah, I think the IP should be revived.

And I definitely think Dart should be in PlayStation All-Stars.

I like to make PSASBR move-sets. Here's a few:

Dart.jpg Daedalus.png Selvaria.jpg Alicia.png Dante.png Ellen.jpg

Never say I don't contribute: I'm The Idea Man.

Community Move-Set for Specter. Help build it.

Message 9 of 36 (735 Views)
Sackboy
488 posts

Aug 5, 2012
Playing it for first time now and am loving it. Got it off PSN and just started disk 2.
http://pastadium.forumotion.com/forum

Photobucket
Message 10 of 36 (724 Views)