Trials                  X*                       X                          X
Bosses              1*                      10                        1
Unlocks             X*                        X                         X
DLC                    X                        ---                         X
Characters       22**                   35                       31**
Customization  X*                       X                          X*
Extras                 X*                       X                          X

Tutorials            X                         X                          X

* Was present in the game, but sucked/was inadequate.
** After known DLC.

Here's a chart showing what things are present in a few fighting games, and although PSAS seems to have a lot of the same things, it really pales in comparison, thus the use of the *.

lol It's their FIRST GAME! I don't see why people don't realize this.

Probably the problem it's there. Giving a huge project like this to "newbies"?

And anyway weren't a lot of Superbot's people from other studios who worked in fighting games before?

yes and thats why they went for quality over quantity. they said they didnt want to add a ton of characters and have them be incredibly unbalanced.

The problem is that the roster IS, in fact, unbalanced. But that's not a problem really, I'm not one of those "quality over quantity" guys, it's depressing. The game's fun with friends, even if Raiden is OP. Not really a problem.

Message 81 of 125 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Re: Lack of Content is Upsetting

Nov 26, 2012

zeothedeathgod wrote:

RexLozuresky wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

RexLozuresky wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

RexLozuresky wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

RexLozuresky wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

RexLozuresky wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

khailcon wrote:

UnleashedMonkey wrote:

GnomeWizard wrote:
How difficult would it be to have different costumes for Dante. Oh man he popped that shirt off. It's so cool. Who are they trying to appeal to with that? Teenage girls or something..

exactly my point, he looks stupid. if i was in charge of superbot i wouldve told capcom to eff off if they told me to include him and his ridiculous outfits. they shouldve just went w/ a first party character instead of him.

You know whats irritating? I bet SuperBot was actually excited that they got two unreleased characters for their game. And people like you are throwing hissy fits about it.

As for the lack of content. I agree. I'm willing to let it slide, as this is a first in the series and I bet a lot of effort went into the actual fighting mechanics.  

exactly, they have more content than most $60 games, and you can tell they put a lot of work into it, pretty much, if you are going to compare smash with this game compare it to the first smash. or MAYBE melee. You can argue that this is a blue-ray disc, but that doesnt matter one bit. It depends on how much they had to work with, they had to build from scratch, smash gets to recycle a hell of a lot.

Stop it, it doesn't make sense to compare a PS3 game to a N64 game, or even Gamecube. It's just plain stupid. I can understand that it was hard to get to the amount of content of Brawl, that's true, but it's also true that PSABR is seriously lacking. Melee had A LOT more content, and most important, it was more interesting. Melee's and Brawl's trophies are an example of great content, PSABR's icons and backgrounds are an example of lazy and terrible content. That's undeniable. 

And Smash gets to recycle? Lol, you obviously didn't play Melee and Brawl, if you didn't notice the MASSIVE difference between the two games...

*facepalm* really? you are telling me what i didnt play and what i did play? They did get to recycle a lot, character models etc, character code, its not all new. you are incredibly naive if you think that they did everything from scratch for brawl.

Thanks dude, I didn't know they didn't do it from scratch. Really, thanks.

Now, seriously. If you take out the supposed "recycled" things from Brawl, and just keep all the new things, you would end up with a bigger game than PSABR. Much bigger. You don't see that, it's your problem. 

you just said they didnt recycle anything. so obviously you did not know thatSmiley Happy. and again, they may have changed the moves from the characters etc, but they did reuse a lot of character models and everything else. That right away gives them more time to work on content etc.

Believe what you want, but don't twist my words. What you said before seemed like "The simply take Melee Mario and put it in Brawl". That is wrong. You took game programming classes you say? And you didn't notice the work they made with Mario and any other returning character? OBVIOUSLY it wasn't the same amount of work they did with newcomers, but it wasn't exactly a five minutes work neither... 

i never said it was 5 minutes work. i said they recycled content. which they did. most developers do it. its to make the game smaller and to make it have more content. you are twisting my words now :3.

In fact I said that what you said "seemed like". Having comprehension troubles too?

no. because im positive you changed that but whatever, considering someone copied and posted what you said to me, and 4 other people saw it too. and i read it again as a replied. but like i said whatever, it doesnt matterSmiley Tongue

I changed it? You mean the post? Are you seriously this paranoid? Lol you just lost all your credibility.

awww not my credibility! the only thing that gives me power! oh nooooo! im dying without it!!

No seriously proove me that I changed it, I can't wait to see that. This situation it's kinda pathetic anyway.

Message 82 of 125 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
768 posts

Nov 26, 2012

zeothedeathgod wrote:

pedro702 wrote:

you just said they didnt recycle anything. so obviously you did not know thatSmiley Happy. and again, they may have changed the moves from the characters etc, but they did reuse a lot of character models and everything else. That right away gives them more time to work on content etc.

gonna stop you right there i still mod SSBB and i can asuure you every model is diferent from melee to brawl they didtnt reuse any models not even item ones  i know becuase we are importing the melee chars and items for fun and they are all diferent and  by much same for codding you cant keep codding from gamecube to wii it doesnt work like that,

if you insistSmiley Happy

as an example

melee mario

Mario_SSBM.jpg

brawl mario

MarioBrawlArtwork.png

if you have eyes you can clearly see its a totally diferent model they didnt reuse any model remenber ssbm and ssbb have a 7 year time diference so its natural that they didnt recycle anything and started all from the start, new console,new graphics and so one smae happened from sbb to melee

this isnt a COD game that comes out every year and they can recycle everything since the last one had like a year only.

Message 83 of 125 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Nov 26, 2012

RexLozuresky wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

RexLozuresky wrote:

TONESTER_925 wrote:

Lex_Gamer wrote:

PSASBR     Smash Bros     Mortal Kombat
Story                   ---                       X                          X
Arcade                X                        X                          X
Online                 X                        X*                        X
Trials                  X*                       X                          X
Bosses              1*                      10                        1
Unlocks             X*                        X                         X
DLC                    X                        ---                         X
Characters       22**                   35                       31**
Customization  X*                       X                          X*
Extras                 X*                       X                          X

Tutorials            X                         X                          X

* Was present in the game, but sucked/was inadequate.
** After known DLC.

Here's a chart showing what things are present in a few fighting games, and although PSAS seems to have a lot of the same things, it really pales in comparison, thus the use of the *.

lol It's their FIRST GAME! I don't see why people don't realize this.

Probably the problem it's there. Giving a huge project like this to "newbies"?

And anyway weren't a lot of Superbot's people from other studios who worked in fighting games before?

yes and thats why they went for quality over quantity. they said they didnt want to add a ton of characters and have them be incredibly unbalanced.

The problem is that the roster IS, in fact, unbalanced. But that's not a problem really, I'm not one of those "quality over quantity" guys, it's depressing. The game's fun with friends, even if Raiden is OP. Not really a problem.

ive had a blast with friends, we spent like 8 hours straight playing against eachother day one. i prefer quality over quantity only in fighting games, because of games like dead or alive 5, mortal kombat, street fighte,r where theres always that one spamming move everybody online uses.

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 84 of 125 (72 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1401 posts

Nov 26, 2012

I personally believe that this was SuperBot's "Test the water" game. If it got high praise , which it did, then they would make a sequel. 

If it didn't sell and received harsh reviews Sony would've probably swept it under the rug and we would've just talked about this game in the future. "Remember that game that was kinda like Smash Bros but with PS characters?"  

BUT this isn't the case! SuperBot Entertainment has their mark stamped in the gaming industry now. With months to come this game will really begin to shine with the DLC characters, stages, and game modes. Maybe a few cosmetic touches and patches as well then we will really see things rolling. 

Now I need the game so I could get Mr. Sweetness to level 999 TONIGHT!

Photobucket
Message 85 of 125 (70 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Nov 26, 2012

pedro702 wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

pedro702 wrote:

gonna stop you right there i still mod SSBB and i can asuure you every model is diferent from melee to brawl they didtnt reuse any models not even item ones  i know becuase we are importing the melee chars and items for fun and they are all diferent and  by much same for codding you cant keep codding from gamecube to wii it doesnt work like that,

if you insistSmiley Happy

as an example

melee mario

Mario_SSBM.jpg

brawl mario

MarioBrawlArtwork.png

if you have eyes you can clearly see its a totally diferent model they didnt reuse any model remenber ssbm and ssbb have a 7 year time diference so its natural that they didnt recycle anything and started all from the start, new console,new graphics and so one smae happened from sbb to melee

this isnt a COD game that comes out every year and they can recycle everything since the last one had like a year only.

meh :/ you dont get it, im not even going to argue this point anymore because its just....sigh just no lol

Message 86 of 125 (69 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Nov 26, 2012
i agree i got bored with this game the day i got it, but it took me a year to get bored of MK9, ssb brawl, ssb Melee, tekken series etc....
ScreamKing09
Message 87 of 125 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Nov 26, 2012

RexLozuresky wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

RexLozuresky wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

RexLozuresky wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

RexLozuresky wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

RexLozuresky wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

RexLozuresky wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

khailcon wrote:

UnleashedMonkey wrote:

GnomeWizard wrote:
How difficult would it be to have different costumes for Dante. Oh man he popped that shirt off. It's so cool. Who are they trying to appeal to with that? Teenage girls or something..

exactly my point, he looks stupid. if i was in charge of superbot i wouldve told capcom to eff off if they told me to include him and his ridiculous outfits. they shouldve just went w/ a first party character instead of him.

You know whats irritating? I bet SuperBot was actually excited that they got two unreleased characters for their game. And people like you are throwing hissy fits about it.

As for the lack of content. I agree. I'm willing to let it slide, as this is a first in the series and I bet a lot of effort went into the actual fighting mechanics.  

exactly, they have more content than most $60 games, and you can tell they put a lot of work into it, pretty much, if you are going to compare smash with this game compare it to the first smash. or MAYBE melee. You can argue that this is a blue-ray disc, but that doesnt matter one bit. It depends on how much they had to work with, they had to build from scratch, smash gets to recycle a hell of a lot.

Stop it, it doesn't make sense to compare a PS3 game to a N64 game, or even Gamecube. It's just plain stupid. I can understand that it was hard to get to the amount of content of Brawl, that's true, but it's also true that PSABR is seriously lacking. Melee had A LOT more content, and most important, it was more interesting. Melee's and Brawl's trophies are an example of great content, PSABR's icons and backgrounds are an example of lazy and terrible content. That's undeniable. 

And Smash gets to recycle? Lol, you obviously didn't play Melee and Brawl, if you didn't notice the MASSIVE difference between the two games...

*facepalm* really? you are telling me what i didnt play and what i did play? They did get to recycle a lot, character models etc, character code, its not all new. you are incredibly naive if you think that they did everything from scratch for brawl.

Thanks dude, I didn't know they didn't do it from scratch. Really, thanks.

Now, seriously. If you take out the supposed "recycled" things from Brawl, and just keep all the new things, you would end up with a bigger game than PSABR. Much bigger. You don't see that, it's your problem. 

Believe what you want, but don't twist my words. What you said before seemed like "The simply take Melee Mario and put it in Brawl". That is wrong. You took game programming classes you say? And you didn't notice the work they made with Mario and any other returning character? OBVIOUSLY it wasn't the same amount of work they did with newcomers, but it wasn't exactly a five minutes work neither... 

i never said it was 5 minutes work. i said they recycled content. which they did. most developers do it. its to make the game smaller and to make it have more content. you are twisting my words now :3.

In fact I said that what you said "seemed like". Having comprehension troubles too?

no. because im positive you changed that but whatever, considering someone copied and posted what you said to me, and 4 other people saw it too. and i read it again as a replied. but like i said whatever, it doesnt matterSmiley Tongue

I changed it? You mean the post? Are you seriously this paranoid? Lol you just lost all your credibility.

awww not my credibility! the only thing that gives me power! oh nooooo! im dying without it!!

No seriously proove me that I changed it, I can't wait to see that. This situation it's kinda pathetic anyway.

nah lol, im not proving anything, not sure if you even did, all im saying is 4 of my friends and i read it completely different. and people on the forums seem to think its mature to change words in an argument. was just saying if you did i dont really care, its been done before.

Message 88 of 125 (66 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2457 posts

Nov 26, 2012
Quality over quantity would work if Kratos wasn't still OP after 2 betas.. come on. You can't says he's not op. Almost all his attacks gain him too much ap. He has 3 good supers when most only have 2 good supers. Not to mention the bugs and glitches. Now some people aren't affected by these but a lot of people are...
Message 89 of 125 (61 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Nov 26, 2012

TONESTER_925 wrote:

I personally believe that this was SuperBot's "Test the water" game. If it got high praise , which it did, then they would make a sequel. 

If it didn't sell and received harsh reviews Sony would've probably swept it under the rug and we would've just talked about this game in the future. "Remember that game that was kinda like Smash Bros but with PS characters?"  

BUT this isn't the case! SuperBot Entertainment has their mark stamped in the gaming industry now. With months to come this game will really begin to shine with the DLC characters, stages, and game modes. Maybe a few cosmetic touches and patches as well then we will really see things rolling. 

Now I need the game so I could get Mr. Sweetness to level 999 TONIGHT!

Actually the game did not received "high praise". The best vote it got it's from IGN, I think, an 8. But it's IGN I mean, really who actually cares about IGN? The rest is around 7 / 7.5. Which is right, I guess. I would go with a 6.5, maybe 7 if it lives at least for a few months, which I seriously doubt sadly.

And anyway a game shouldn't begin to "shine" after paid DLCs (I know the first is free, but for a certain time)... That's too easy.

Message 90 of 125 (59 Views)
0 Likes