12-10-2012 02:04 PM - edited 12-10-2012 02:11 PM
Ratchet's Lv 1 Super Killed me that once, FIX IT!
Sweet Tooth gets too many Lv 1 Supers, FIX HIM!
Nariko's Lv 3 lasts too long, SHORTEN IT!
Drake killed me 2x because his Lv 3 locks on to you, FIX IT!
Sackboy gets his LV 3 too fast, REDUCE HIS AP GAIN!
Sackboy doesn't get his supers anymore because he was nerfed, FIX HIM!
You people are pathetic
I completely agree, it seems like what most people define as a "Balanced fighter" is one where they win majority of the matches. I personally think the game was fine from the start, sure, it could use a few tweaks, but all the complaints are ridiculous. people need to spend a while getting familiar with strategies and defeating other strategies. i never had trouble with beating a spamming sackboy before the nerf, and i dont have a problem with him now, unfortunately i dont main him anymore though, as I found it quite a bit more difficult, so i switched to spike, and now win majority of matches i play, even tough i never spammed and i am a level 682 with him
12-10-2012 02:09 PM
TwistedAvenger a video proves much more than that. Sackboy is broken competively as pretty much any sackboy player agrees, and it's pointless discussing otherwise unless you can prove it. The only thing rediculous about recording a victory as a sackboy against purple/green belts is that Sackboy in his current state will seldom, if ever, win. Being paired with purple/green belts it's too much of an issue if you're a purple/green belt yourself.
I've mentioned this before, but the most rediculous thing about all of this is that you have admitted multiple times that you don't play as sackboy and are inexperianced with him both pre and post patch. How can you possibly join a discussion with experianced sackboy players saying he is fine!? If you wanted to talk about Ratchet balancing that's another thing, you are experiance with him. Sackboy? You just said you are level 10 with him. It's like telling me how to raise my kids when you've never had one of your own.
So it's like I said, if you want to talk about Sackboy balancing, etc. then post a video of you winning a ranked match as sackboy while playing against good players. Or get a friend to. Whichever, I could care less. Just prove me wrong. Until then stop acting like you know everything about a character that you know very little about.
12-10-2012 02:18 PM
Also Twisted, I never said all purple belts. Not sure why you're focusing so much on this point. You asked me to define 'good players', so I said purple belts or higher, as well as decent green belts.
In regards to most people agreeing that Sackboy is fine, it's actually more like a 40/60 ratio I'd say of people against/for the nerf, judging from the number of topics about him and the variety of posters in it. This is an overwhelming amount of people against the nerf when you consider that Sackboy is only 1 of the 20 characters, and those that play him would be the most likely to oppose the nerf while others would support. 1/20 translates to a ratio of 5/95, but it's no-where near that. So your arguement in terms of % of support actually strengthens my claim.
But like I've said many times, we can keep talking about this forever. Don't even bother replying to me since we're both wasting our time discussing - Upload a video, or get a friend to, and prove me wrong. Simple as that.
12-10-2012 03:27 PM
12-10-2012 03:53 PM - edited 12-10-2012 04:05 PM
EDIT: Paragraph breaks fixed, haha.
@Twisted Avenger Let me take your last post and explain why this conversation with you is pointless:
1. You said on the previous page "And it's not meaningless you realize you are in the minority don't you? Most of the people think he is fine (at least on the forums from what I have seen)." Then you say here "there are not more supportes of the nerf you can make up all the ratio numbers you want, but there just that made up not real.". So make up your mind, which is it? You contradict yourself in so many of your posts it's rediculous. And you say what I say to you is pure trash and makes no sense?
2. You said "before the nerf I could play him and still do ok not knowing him usually 1st or 2nd place. After the same thing my point is I was ok with him before and didn't play him, and I am still ok with him now and I don't play him" yet you said on the previous page that your sackboy is level 10. So you literally played 2, maybe 3 games with him. Congrats, you've been talking out of your **bleep** this entire time, and you continue to. The recovery times from his attacks have been altered, as well as the AP gain on his cake not allowing him to reach the 'anti-infinite' threshold (+40ap) which has effectively broken his combos vs the majority of characters. This, along with AP cost increase to supers and lowering his ap gain have efectively broken him in ranked FFA gameplay. Of course you wouldn't know this though, since you don't play as Sackboy.
3. "Don't bother replying to me until you upload a video proving he is broken" as I've said before, in another thread you've commented on...
Even if I uploaded a video it wouldn't prove anything - anyone could bomb with Sackboy, or any character, in a ranked match. The burden of proof is on those who say that Sackboy is still a powerhouse and that they are consitently winning ranked matches. My claim, along with many sackboy players, is that he is competatively broken. Here is a thread I made in relation to this, it's worth a read as others have shared some good info and further testing in it as well (http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation
Feel free to test out his combos on your own vs the characters as outlined in that thread - they no longer work post-patch and are partially why Sackboy is now competatively broken.
4. Like I've said many times, post a video of you winning a ranked match as sackboy against good players to give your statements some credibility. Or get a friend to, someone on the boards, w/e. Until then, your 'theoretical' arguments hold no weight and are a waste of time. Thanks.
12-10-2012 04:08 PM
It's currently a 3-way tie on who's the saddest: People begging for nerfs, people begging for un-nerfs and people who think fighting games have balance. Also there are those that complain about ranged attacks in general, but I don't really see that on this board.
12-10-2012 04:17 PM
S-o-h-a-i-l haha I'm not expecting anyone to make a video, here's why:
1. I don't believe the people who think Sackboy is fine wouldn't be able to pull of a ranked win as him in his post-patch state vs decent players.
2. I've seen TwistedAvenger in at least 3 topics saying that Sackboy is still great and totally fine - I've simply asked him to prove me wrong and stop this pointless arguing.
Hopefully this clarifies a bit. I just want Sackboy to be an option for ranked play, which post-patch he is quite inferior to other characters, and if we don't stand up for Sackboy than who will?
But seriously, all this arguing is pointless. If you really want to prove the sack is still superior than just upload a video of you winning in ranked play vs good players and we'll all be set. Then whenever a sackboy topic pops up just give them the video and discussions over.