Dec 12, 2012
*except, **bleep** iPod.
Message 101 of 112 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
335 posts

Re: LOL @ all you people

Dec 12, 2012

TwistedAvenger seriously man, you say things like "No offense but I'm not going to change my mind" and call people with different opinions from yours morons and clowns. It's all in this topic here, just go back and read your posts. You say you're not closed minded but all anyone has to do is read what you say to know otherwise.

And you want evidence that he is broken? I have explained this so many times to you it's rediculous. You say that you 'have like 3 college grammar courses' and that you 'get A's on all your papers' and so I've been talking to you like an adult, but you either don't read or don't comprehend. So I'll make this perfectly plain for you...

- Go to practice mode
- Select 'Sackboy' as your character, and select 'Jak' as your opponent
- Select 'Dojo' or a small practice stage where you feel comfortable using combos
- Attempt to do Sackboy's standard combo that worked fine post patch and granted him 135 AP consistently. The combo is: Down Circle, Square, Square, Up Square, Side Triangle, Circle.
- You will find this combo does not link to up-square, which was never an issue prior to patch
- Rinse and repeat with as many characters as you would like. You will find that his combos do link for a few characters (Sweet tooth and ratchet for example) but that they do not for many. And that combo that made 135ap previously now only gives 95ap due to the cake nerf. His combo's are now character specific and broken in many cases post-patch, which has been my exact point this entire time.

I also provided a thread link with a good 8 or so people who are experiancing similar issues. If you don't accept either of these things as evidence than I don't know understand how you can possible defend the position that you are not closed minded. Now I'm not trying to re-open our discussion on whether Sackboy is broken competatively or not, so let's not go there, but the fact is that you are joining these discissions with a closed minded and wasting everyone's time. I was merely letting Greyspence know before since he's already put in a fair bit of time trying to reason with you as it is. 

And if you have a computer why don't you use it instead of typing on your ipod all the time? Doesn't it get annoying using that tiny thing to type all these messages?

Message 102 of 112 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

Dec 12, 2012
Ok I never called you a moron or clown because of your opioion, but because all you do is repeat yourself you can say the same thing as many times as you want it doesn't make your argument better.

This is the first time that combo has ever been brought up in our argument so don't try to act like you mentioned it before you didn't (unless it was that link, and I didn't even look at it). As to why it doesn't work on some characters ill give you that is an issue that should be addressed, but the only one. Everything about the need should stay the same besides that. Still a combo not working for what ever reason doesn't automatically qualify him as "broken", if that's the case then almost every combo character is broken as their combos don't always connect.

The only evidence I would accept from that thread is the combo working on some and not others (ill give you that one). As far as his ap gain and super cost that's just people similar to you with a different opioion than mine. Me not just taking "their word that he is broken" is the same as me not taking yours. You and others who believe he is "broken" doesn't make it true just because you believe it.

And as to why I don't use my computer, it's in my basement which is cold during winter so this is more convenient. Also my laptop right now is broke (the hard drive crashed or something, I'm not a huge computer tech and barely understood what the dude said it was) I got it checked and getting it fixed is gonna run about $200. My money is tight right now, I simply can't afford to fix it. That's why I use the iPod and my grammar is not the best (I don't focus on it using this).
Message 103 of 112 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

Dec 12, 2012
On the first note as well I admit I repeated myself a lot as well, we both did. So did I go a bit far with name calling, yes ill admit that. I admit there that my first point is basically pointless.
Message 104 of 112 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
335 posts

Dec 12, 2012

"This is the first time that combo has ever been brought up in an argument so don't try to act like you mentioned it before you didn't"

You cannot be serious right now... this has been my ENTIRE point from the very beginning. You have effectively discredited this entire discussion and proven that talking with you has been a complete and utter waste of time. Go back and read my posts if you'd like, from the very beginning of our discussion. In fact I'll share just one of them that I found by randomly opening a page on this thread (page 6) - starting with what I said, followed by your response to it:

Chunky_shtew: "...you literally played 2, maybe 3 games with him. Congrats, you've been talking out of your **bleep** this entire time, and you continue to. The recovery times from his attacks have been altered, as well as the AP gain on his cake not allowing him to reach the 'anti-infinite' threshold (+40ap) which has effectively broken his combos vs the majority of characters. This, along with AP cost increase to supers and lowering his ap gain have efectively broken him in ranked FFA gameplay. Of course you wouldn't know this though, since you don't play as Sackboy."

Twisted Avenger:  "...I literally played him 2 times before the nerf and 2 times after with no change in how I did. My point is I have not changed using him even with the little time I spent with him, yet you claim drastic changes among "good" players with him. How did they change so much? I nalso never claimed to know combos or ap gain for all his movesoe recivery times so yeah. This whole point is pointless."

The AP reduction to his attacks and increase of his supers I only mentioned in relation to my argument about his combo's, and in response to people talking specifically about them. His combo's have been my entire argument from the start and you're response is, "this is the first time it has neem brought up". Can't believe I've wasted at least 4 hours on multiple topics trying to discuss this with you. If this is not the definition of closed minded, I don't know what is.

Message 105 of 112 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

Dec 12, 2012
I was talking aboutg that one specific combo not all his combos in general, so your post proves nothing. Even with that said you have only said up until now his combos are broke, you have not given any examples besides that one combo. Just saying his combos are broke proves nothing.
Message 106 of 112 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
335 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 12, 2012

Was letting the other fellow know that you're closed minded and talking with you is a waste of time, and these last couple posts of yours prove my point perfectly. So thanks Smiley Happy

Also, twistedavenger, I feel this photo describes you perfectly. Especially since you've had to remind us a couple times in your posts here that you're an adult:

tet16.jpg

Message 107 of 112 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

Dec 12, 2012
You sit here and act like your so mature yet your the one who dragged this out. We were done and you took a random shoot at me. Now you resort to your last post, yeah you really showed your mature. On that note I'm done with this I won't respond to you on this or any other thread after this. You don't have to like it but this whole time you have proved nothing, anyone who can read will see that.
Message 108 of 112 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
335 posts

Dec 12, 2012

I started this by taking a random shot at you? Look at page 2 of this topic. You're the one who called me out and it's all right there. You then didn't read my points before responding (as you have admited, and shown by your responses) and proceeded to call me a j-a-c-k-a-s-s, moron, and an idiot.

And if you're saying that I took a random shot at you by saying to grayspence, after 2 pages of you arguing with him, that 'I wouldn't spend time trying to reason with Twisted, he's a nice enough guy but very closed minded. I found out the hard way haha.' That is not a random shot. I was letting him know respecfully that you are closed minded and that he is wasting his time - which is absolutely true. You have proven it time and time again, you are essentally the definition of closed minded. And I didn't have to say that you're a nice guy since you keep putting people down and wasting their time, but I was being respectful.

That picture I just posted I saw it on my news feed on facebook and it made me laugh because it describes this situation perfectly, as well as what the OP was getting at. I shared it in reference to you because it's exactly as you come across, especially with some of the things you have said in previous posts.

And you're right, arguing like this online is immature. Which is why I said if someone posts a video of Sackboy winning a ranked match we wouldn't need to keep this arguing. My effort in all of this was to reduce the pointless topics and discussions and it's done quite the opposite thanks to you. And myself really, because I took the time to reply and propose the idea. 

Moral of the story... OP is right. We're all wasting our time here talking about this nonsense and should just continue to play this game despite it's shortcomings or our opinions about them. So long Twisted, I look forward to the day we face-off online Smiley Wink

Message 109 of 112 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1735 posts

Dec 12, 2012

Message 110 of 112 (66 Views)