I Lold
Message 91 of 112 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
721 posts

Re: LOL @ all you people

Dec 11, 2012
@twist
Ok here's a better example. Nariko's lvl 1 summons another person. If I snipe nariko just as she summons her lvl 1 the girl (never played heavenly sword do I don't know her name) disappears. So that takes care of your two separate entity's argument. Just accept sly's super is broken.
Message 92 of 112 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
47 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 11, 2012

TwistedAvenger wrote:
It's not really a privilege so to speak. Again the way I look at is they (Sly and Murray are they are 2 separate characters) so hitting Sly wouldn't make Murray disappear, and I personally don't think it would make sense for him to disappear. How would it? I know I am probably the only one who looks at it this way. Overall I'm saying since Sly is not doing it like the others, examples Ratchet and Radec them selfs fire off their special so hitting them out of it makes sense (at least to me) that you should have to hit Sly before Murray comes out. It's hard to do but not impossible I have seen it done before. Like I said before they could make the start up time longer, but I think it would make the super useless. I understand people's issue with it, but see no real way to fix it with out completely ruining the super.

Okay... So you're defending Sly's super using the logic that Sly isn't hitting the victim himself? That's a little desperate, don't you think?

Nariko doesn't hit you in any way to kill you with her level 1. Kai (I think it's her/his name) comes out from behind Nariko and shoots an Arrow at a barrel. Does that mean that her level 1 becomes unavoidable too? 

You say that we should be able to Hit sly BEFORE murray comes out, right?

With literally NO wind-up time and an extremely wide range of attack, Sly is practically invulnurable to every attack.

Even if Sly's level 1 DIDN'T have great range, he'd still land the kill before you can touch him.

Give the super a wind-up time similar to Spike's level 2. Then you can start talking about blocking it.

Message 93 of 112 (120 Views)
Wastelander
721 posts

Dec 11, 2012
^^^ I like his logic
Message 94 of 112 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

Dec 11, 2012
@DrDude101 ok yes I give you that, I have seen Kai disappear before, but they are practically touching there so close. Honestly I have thought about that when I saw it and I don't think she should disappear but she does. As far as Sly my separate entity argument still stands. There no were near each other or touching so why should Murray disappear? Because you can't learn to avoid the super? No that's dumb. Sly's super is not broken for me it's one of the easiest to dodge in the game. Also I was not really trying to argue with you just say how I see it, but way to jump to conclusions and act ignorant. There is no good reason why Murray should disappear because Sly'a super can be cancelled you just have to right next to him, and really fast to hit him before Murray comes out.
Message 95 of 112 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

Dec 11, 2012
I'm not saying you could not give it more wind up time I have said that would be a way to fix it, but then the problem there is it could become useless. Would that be the best way to fix it if they can make it so it does not become useless. No offense but I'm not going to change my mind that its dumb for him to just vanish.
Message 96 of 112 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
47 posts

Dec 11, 2012

TwistedAvenger wrote:
I'm not saying you could not give it more wind up time I have said that would be a way to fix it, but then the problem there is it could become useless. Would that be the best way to fix it if they can make it so it does not become useless. No offense but I'm not going to change my mind that its dumb for him to just vanish.

First off, it's not "Easiest super to dodge". Especially in 4 player FFA. When you're getting punched in the face and Sly walks in, he's going to get at LEAST two kills. This may seem fair, as Sly is only taking advantage of the situation other players are in. However, it's really not.

1. Sly's level 1 Is quick.

2. Sly's level 1 reaches insanely far for a level 1.

3. Sly's level 1 can kill 3 people extremely easily. When I say "Extremely easily" I mean that in the way that he can press R2 in front of someone, and get a kill. No  combo work needed. (1v1 is arguable)

There's not one other super that I know of  in the game that can kill 3 people without having to use a combo.

Secondly, It wouldn't be useless. You kind of prove my point that it's super easy to get kills with Sly's level 1 in saying that increasing the wind-up time would "Ruin" the super. If anything, All you would need to do then is combo into it like every other character has to do.

Message 97 of 112 (100 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

Dec 11, 2012
First off I said it's easy for ME to dodge it doesn't apply to everyone. Me personally, I dodge it 6/10 times.

Second off me saying it could ruin it in not way proves you point. For some it's easy to get kills with for others it's not. Also I said they would have to find the right speed balance I said it could become useless not that it would.
Message 98 of 112 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
335 posts

Dec 11, 2012

grayspence I wouldn't spend time trying to reason with Twisted, he's a nice enough guy but very closed minded. I found out the hard way haha.

In my mind it makes sense that grabbing sly should cancel his level 1 just like the other characters, I'm not sure why Superbot set it up the way they did. Could be one of the bugs they didn't pick up in testing or it could be intentional. Too bad Superbot doesn't host a 'question and answer' session like I've seen other games do, something like that would clear up a lot of things on the forums here!

Message 99 of 112 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

Dec 12, 2012
@chunky_shtew yeah ecmxceot I'm not close minded. As far as our Sackboy argument I accepted that you want video proof to change your mind. Also anyone who clearly reads it can see I asked for you to give concrete evidence he was broken (not trying to be rude but a thread link filled with people that agree with you is not good eveidence), but you have failed to to that outside he is saying he is broken.
Message 100 of 112 (58 Views)
0 Likes