Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/25/2012
Offline
4668 posts
 

Re: LETS GET THIS STRAIGHT!!

Oct 8, 2012

RexLozuresky wrote:

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

RexLozuresky wrote:

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

RexLozuresky wrote:

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

PandaPudding wrote:

Really guys. How long has it been since Omar said "more than you think?" They were probably still in negotiations and probably thought they would get the characters but it just didn't work out later on. 


It doesn't help that people took "think" as "expect" when the majority of this community expected like 30 characters or some other outlandish number.


LOL outlandish? Let me guess, you always thought that the right number for this game was 20, did you?


I'm talking about the people that were saying "It haz to be XX or dis gaem suks" and then requesting demanding 30-50.  It's nice to know that I should be questioned because I find a claim outlandish for requesting an insanely-high roster count.


Well starting with the fact that 30 isn't insanely high (50 is obviously). I never complained about the number. Sure 25 should have been perfect, or around it. The problem are the choices, and I'll never get tired saying that. 20 would have been OK, if the 20 characters would have been OK. Some of them aren't, simple as that. So 20 isn't enough. 


For a first game, 30 is incredibly high, especially considering Smash just hit that in its third game (which took about seven years to make).  I've tried to stay away from requesting actual character amounts, because I really don't care about how many people or which people are in it, so long as they play well (I've always seen around 24 as the number that I'd think would be in this game).  However, most of the people that I'm talking about were demanding high roster counts and including terrible characters or not including characters at all.  Complaints about which characters are in I can understand completely, but I'm talking specifically about my issue with the people that are saying "Brawl had this, so we should have at least that much!", the people that expected high and wanted higher.


I didn't brought up Brawl anyway, you did. And Brawl wasn't made in 7 years lol, the development started in late 2005 and the game was released in 2008. Melee for example was made in less than 2 years (PSABR 3 if I'm not mistaken). It was actually really rushed and still has more characters than PSABR (all right there are clones, but every character from the original was completely different and if you played them both you know that, even if the moves look similar the balance was 100% redone). 

 

Aside of that anyway, as of now I'm curious about the other contents of the game. If it's really huge and full of modes and easter eggs or something like that, it would be excused by me.


I brought Smash into it, I know, but I did so to make my point about characters.  When I said "it took seven years to make" I meant that was how long of a wait we got, not dev time.  Although I thought development started in 2006?  Maybe I'm thinking about a different game there.  Anyway, PSASBR, from what I remember, has been in development for about two years, not three.  I've heard three being thrown around recently, but I've not found a source to say anything that proves that, so I've stuck with two.

 

Anyway, I do agree with the last point (so much so that I'd made a similar comment in another thread just about a minute before you posted your reply here).  If they've revealed all the characters, then they're obviously going to put emphasis on the game itself now, with just over a month left to get hype this game desparately needs.

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 39 (87 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 07/24/2012
Offline
1659 posts
 

Re: LETS GET THIS STRAIGHT!!

Oct 8, 2012

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

RexLozuresky wrote:

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

RexLozuresky wrote:

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

RexLozuresky wrote:

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

PandaPudding wrote:

Really guys. How long has it been since Omar said "more than you think?" They were probably still in negotiations and probably thought they would get the characters but it just didn't work out later on. 


It doesn't help that people took "think" as "expect" when the majority of this community expected like 30 characters or some other outlandish number.


LOL outlandish? Let me guess, you always thought that the right number for this game was 20, did you?


I'm talking about the people that were saying "It haz to be XX or dis gaem suks" and then requesting demanding 30-50.  It's nice to know that I should be questioned because I find a claim outlandish for requesting an insanely-high roster count.


Well starting with the fact that 30 isn't insanely high (50 is obviously). I never complained about the number. Sure 25 should have been perfect, or around it. The problem are the choices, and I'll never get tired saying that. 20 would have been OK, if the 20 characters would have been OK. Some of them aren't, simple as that. So 20 isn't enough. 


For a first game, 30 is incredibly high, especially considering Smash just hit that in its third game (which took about seven years to make).  I've tried to stay away from requesting actual character amounts, because I really don't care about how many people or which people are in it, so long as they play well (I've always seen around 24 as the number that I'd think would be in this game).  However, most of the people that I'm talking about were demanding high roster counts and including terrible characters or not including characters at all.  Complaints about which characters are in I can understand completely, but I'm talking specifically about my issue with the people that are saying "Brawl had this, so we should have at least that much!", the people that expected high and wanted higher.


I didn't brought up Brawl anyway, you did. And Brawl wasn't made in 7 years lol, the development started in late 2005 and the game was released in 2008. Melee for example was made in less than 2 years (PSABR 3 if I'm not mistaken). It was actually really rushed and still has more characters than PSABR (all right there are clones, but every character from the original was completely different and if you played them both you know that, even if the moves look similar the balance was 100% redone). 

 

Aside of that anyway, as of now I'm curious about the other contents of the game. If it's really huge and full of modes and easter eggs or something like that, it would be excused by me.


I brought Smash into it, I know, but I did so to make my point about characters.  When I said "it took seven years to make" I meant that was how long of a wait we got, not dev time.  Although I thought development started in 2006?  Maybe I'm thinking about a different game there.  Anyway, PSASBR, from what I remember, has been in development for about two years, not three.  I've heard three being thrown around recently, but I've not found a source to say anything that proves that, so I've stuck with two.

 

Anyway, I do agree with the last point (so much so that I'd made a similar comment in another thread just about a minute before you posted your reply here).  If they've revealed all the characters, then they're obviously going to put emphasis on the game itself now, with just over a month left to get hype this game desparately needs.


Well let's hope there's a lot of stuff to do. I'm really curious to know if they'll put something similar to the trophies of Smash Bros.

Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 39 (84 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/25/2012
Offline
4668 posts
 

Re: LETS GET THIS STRAIGHT!!

Oct 8, 2012

RexLozuresky wrote:
Well let's hope there's a lot of stuff to do. I'm really curious to know if they'll put something similar to the trophies of Smash Bros.

(Snipping because our discussion got really long)

I'm hoping they start talking about challenges, character trials, minions and such.  I kind of want to see whether the character trials are just training missions or are actually a set of challenges unique to each character.  The whole "belts" thing intrigues me a bit as well.

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 39 (76 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 07/24/2012
Offline
1659 posts
 

Re: LETS GET THIS STRAIGHT!!

Oct 8, 2012

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

RexLozuresky wrote:
Well let's hope there's a lot of stuff to do. I'm really curious to know if they'll put something similar to the trophies of Smash Bros.

(Snipping because our discussion got really long)

I'm hoping they start talking about challenges, character trials, minions and such.  I kind of want to see whether the character trials are just training missions or are actually a set of challenges unique to each character.  The whole "belts" thing intrigues me a bit as well.


I don't know this "belts" thing. Is it related to the online gaming? Like "US Champion belt" lol?

Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 39 (67 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/25/2012
Offline
4668 posts
 

Re: LETS GET THIS STRAIGHT!!

Oct 8, 2012

RexLozuresky wrote:

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

RexLozuresky wrote:
Well let's hope there's a lot of stuff to do. I'm really curious to know if they'll put something similar to the trophies of Smash Bros.

(Snipping because our discussion got really long)

I'm hoping they start talking about challenges, character trials, minions and such.  I kind of want to see whether the character trials are just training missions or are actually a set of challenges unique to each character.  The whole "belts" thing intrigues me a bit as well.


I don't know this "belts" thing. Is it related to the online gaming? Like "US Champion belt" lol?


That'd be an interesting one.  All I know is that there's something unlockable that's called a belt.  We have no clue what it is, does, or is there for, but it has me interested, to say the least.  Maybe it's their form of Smash's trophies, or maybe it's just a buff for your character, like a very slight speed increase or something (I hope against the latter).

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 39 (62 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 08/18/2012
Offline
1014 posts
 

Re: LETS GET THIS STRAIGHT!!

Oct 8, 2012

zeothedeathgod wrote:

kudos friend:smileyhappy:


cheers. XD

Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 39 (55 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 08/18/2012
Offline
1014 posts
 

Re: LETS GET THIS STRAIGHT!!

Oct 8, 2012

zeothedeathgod wrote:

kudos friend:smileyhappy:


thanks. XD

Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 39 (55 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 08/01/2012
Offline
756 posts
 

Re: LETS GET THIS STRAIGHT!!

Oct 8, 2012

DLC isn't set in stone yet, they're just thinking about it. I hate when games like this rely on DLC for it to be better, it makes it look sad or like it's standing on its last legs. Anyone who says "DLC will make more characters," or "wait for a sequel for (insert character) to be in." Makes this game look sorry in their terms. 

 

I'm sorry for stating it like this but I'm just saying that relying on DLC is sorry for a game. No one should be saying DLC yet, and they DEFINITELY shouldn't be talking about a sequel. I may be disappointed in the games roster but I still see some good characters in it. It's just some times I look at the roster and say "really they chose him." Sometimes I just wish SB thought more about what this game was meant to be and what characters TRULY deserve to be in the game.

Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 39 (54 Views)
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 08/18/2012
Offline
1014 posts
 

Re: LETS GET THIS STRAIGHT!!

Oct 8, 2012

yooobooyj wrote:

DLC isn't set in stone yet, they're just thinking about it. I hate when games like this rely on DLC for it to be better, it makes it look sad or like it's standing on its last legs. Anyone who says "DLC will make more characters," or "wait for a sequel for (insert character) to be in." Makes this game look sorry in their terms. 

 

I'm sorry for stating it like this but I'm just saying that relying on DLC is sorry for a game. No one should be saying DLC yet, and they DEFINITELY shouldn't be talking about a sequel. I may be disappointed in the games roster but I still see some good characters in it. It's just some times I look at the roster and say "really they chose him." Sometimes I just wish SB thought more about what this game was meant to be and what characters TRULY deserve to be in the game.


i think its mad if anyone nowadays thinks there isnt going to be dlc. dlc is in everygame now. before it would ust be AAA games but now litterally its every game. 

Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 39 (49 Views)
Reply
0 Likes