Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Re: L.A. Beatdown News

Oct 25, 2012
A sucessful reboot deviates from that of its predecessor. You wouldn't want a carbon copy.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 81 of 100 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
460 posts

Oct 25, 2012

MachoMoustachio wrote:
- Raiden's unlockable outfit is from Metal Gear Rising: Revengance.

- Omar Kendall told me that they couldn't do much with alternate costumes for Dante because Capcom will be releasing a lot of downloadable costumes for DmC: Devil May Cry and they don't want to spoil any.

This doesn't entirely make sense. His costume (default) is from Revengance. So does this mean that his unlockable costume is another one that shows up in Revengance? Or was the person speaking to you confused and telling you his default is his Revengance appearance?

And the Dante comment... Why were they limited with alternate costumes? They couldn't use any of the alternate costumes from DMC so why not just make up other ones? Or use any of the DMC1 to 4 looks? Or does that mean Capcom plans to release Original Dante as a costume? That's confusing.

Message 82 of 100 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1517 posts

Oct 25, 2012

littlejcr wrote:

ihatemath113 wrote:

littlejcr wrote:

He is dante.  Its in his name his blood, hell its in his back story.  He is Dante.  No not Donte, no not DINO, Dante.  D A N T E.  And I am proud to say he will more than likely end up my main for the game Smiley Tongue

No its just his name his backstory is completely different (HE DOESN'T EVEN KNOW HIS MOTHER!)

He is still the son of Sparda.  His brother is still vergil.  It is sad that some core parts of the story is different but they still keep with some of the basics.

Its not the same vergil either

Message 83 of 100 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1517 posts

Oct 25, 2012

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
A sucessful reboot deviates from that of its predecessor. You wouldn't want a carbon copy.

Yea but superbot never should have waisted their time on this Dante and should have used it on other characters (Like a Resistance rep)

Message 84 of 100 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3239 posts

Oct 25, 2012

ihatemath113 wrote:

littlejcr wrote:

ihatemath113 wrote:

littlejcr wrote:

He is dante.  Its in his name his blood, hell its in his back story.  He is Dante.  No not Donte, no not DINO, Dante.  D A N T E.  And I am proud to say he will more than likely end up my main for the game Smiley Tongue

No its just his name his backstory is completely different (HE DOESN'T EVEN KNOW HIS MOTHER!)

He is still the son of Sparda.  His brother is still vergil.  It is sad that some core parts of the story is different but they still keep with some of the basics.

How so?  Sure this vegil is different in terms of what he does, like being with buddies with dante and using guns *shudders*, but he still is vergil.  Also this Vergil looks more like the original devil may cry vergil than dante so you cant be that dissapointed

MAY THE SQUARE DRIVE YOUR BLADES KRATOS!
Currently playing: FF14, MGSV, Witcher 3.
Message 85 of 100 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
437 posts

Oct 25, 2012

ihatemath113 wrote:

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:

Yea but superbot never should have waisted their time on this Dante and should have used it on other characters (Like a Resistance rep)

Alright I'm gonna step in here... 

First... You need to shut the hell up.  You haven't said more than one thing this whole thread of 8 pages. The only thing you say is: "This isn't Dante. He doesn't rep Playstation"  Well... His name is Dante. I don't think you can really deny that. Easy enough. Looks like it's Dante. He still has Ebony and Ivory... He still has the Devil Trigger.... Sure as heck seems like Dante to me.  So what if there's a little story thing (which I also don't get how you somehow know the whole story of the new DmC) and he doesn't know his mother.   Maybe there's a plot twist that YOU have no idea about and he got in some accident that put him in the state he's in....  This game (DmC) isn't out yet and you can't really talk bad about the story without EVER playing it. Okay done with point 1.

Second, you say that Superbot shouldn't have wasted their time on a new Dante and put in a Resistance rep...  Well I'll say a couple things about that.  I believe that Superbot did the best with what they were given to incorporate elements of both the old and new looks of Dante into his character.  The character looks SUPER fun to play as and will probably be one of the most pro characters in the game. So it seems like they didn't WASTE their time. They actually utilized it quite well to give us a really cool character to play as. On the other half of that statement, you want this Dante out all together for someone else. Well a resistance rep COULD be cool (personally I think it'd be way to similar to Radec... Just guns, guns, and more guns).  I think a Chimera would be the cooler of the choices here.  But lets face facts. If Dante wasn't brought up at all in this game... people like you would probably be complaining anyway.  I am positive there would be tons of posts like "Where's the DmC rep?" or "Why no Dante?!!?!" had he not been included in any respect.  You're acting in a lose lose situation for yourself.  Either you complain that he doesn't look like he once did... or you complain he's not in the game at all.  

Here's my proposed solution to you.  Agree to Disagree. You might not like the new Dante, but can you deny that he's been one of the better looking characters in terms of CC and domination?  

My final thought for you is to stop trying to guess every aspect of a story for a game that has not even been released yet.  You may be pleasantly surprised with what Ninja Theory does with the new DmC.  

Yay I'm done!  As for the news, can't wait to get my hands on this game and learn even more info in the coming weeks!

Message 86 of 100 (164 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1517 posts

Oct 25, 2012

littlejcr wrote:

ihatemath113 wrote:

littlejcr wrote:

ihatemath113 wrote:

littlejcr wrote:

How so?  Sure this vegil is different in terms of what he does, like being with buddies with dante and using guns *shudders*, but he still is vergil.  Also this Vergil looks more like the original devil may cry vergil than dante so you cant be that dissapointed

I'm gonna quote a post from another thread someone wrote

"

hes not the same dante, but younger hes a completly different character, besides that wont make up for how he acts, NT changes an established character into something they arent, had the new god of war game been in the same position as the new DmC game I bet people would express their opinions on that gladly."

Message 87 of 100 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1517 posts

Oct 25, 2012

tippy78 wrote:

ihatemath113 wrote:

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:

Alright I'm gonna step in here... 

First... You need to shut the hell up.  You haven't said more than one thing this whole thread of 8 pages. The only thing you say is: "This isn't Dante. He doesn't rep Playstation"  Well... His name is Dante. I don't think you can really deny that. Easy enough. Looks like it's Dante. He still has Ebony and Ivory... He still has the Devil Trigger.... Sure as heck seems like Dante to me.  So what if there's a little story thing (which I also don't get how you somehow know the whole story of the new DmC) and he doesn't know his mother.   Maybe there's a plot twist that YOU have no idea about and he got in some accident that put him in the state he's in....  This game (DmC) isn't out yet and you can't really talk bad about the story without EVER playing it. Okay done with point 1.

Second, you say that Superbot shouldn't have wasted their time on a new Dante and put in a Resistance rep...  Well I'll say a couple things about that.  I believe that Superbot did the best with what they were given to incorporate elements of both the old and new looks of Dante into his character.  The character looks SUPER fun to play as and will probably be one of the most pro characters in the game. So it seems like they didn't WASTE their time. They actually utilized it quite well to give us a really cool character to play as. On the other half of that statement, you want this Dante out all together for someone else. Well a resistance rep COULD be cool (personally I think it'd be way to similar to Radec... Just guns, guns, and more guns).  I think a Chimera would be the cooler of the choices here.  But lets face facts. If Dante wasn't brought up at all in this game... people like you would probably be complaining anyway.  I am positive there would be tons of posts like "Where's the DmC rep?" or "Why no Dante?!!?!" had he not been included in any respect.  You're acting in a lose lose situation for yourself.  Either you complain that he doesn't look like he once did... or you complain he's not in the game at all.  

Here's my proposed solution to you.  Agree to Disagree. You might not like the new Dante, but can you deny that he's been one of the better looking characters in terms of CC and domination?  

My final thought for you is to stop trying to guess every aspect of a story for a game that has not even been released yet.  You may be pleasantly surprised with what Ninja Theory does with the new DmC.  

Yay I'm done!  As for the news, can't wait to get my hands on this game and learn even more info in the coming weeks!

I don't care how good the new game does I might even play it but this Dante isn't Dante ask any real Devil May Cry fan

THIS DANTE IS NOT AN ALLSTAR

Message 88 of 100 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
436 posts

Oct 25, 2012
Wow, way to ignore everything he just said to you. Talk about ignorance.

Anyways, math, yeah I pretty much grew to accept Dante's new character and design. Going to take a lot longer to accept Vergil though. XD.
Message 89 of 100 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1517 posts

Oct 25, 2012

DBoi787 wrote:
Wow, way to ignore everything he just said to you. Talk about ignorance.

Anyways, math, yeah I pretty much grew to accept Dante's new character and design. Going to take a lot longer to accept Vergil though. XD.

Call me biased or whatever you wanna call me They could have easily made another great moveset with a different character

I would rather have had no Dante than this Dante 

Message 90 of 100 (141 Views)
0 Likes