Wastelander
561 posts

Re: Kratos "nerf"

[ Edited ]
Mar 16, 2013

I'm not one of those people who believe Kratos is "the best character in the game" like many others apparently do...I don't even believe him to be a top tier character currently...but with everyone else losing most of their level 1 hitconfirms, Kratos has just become dramatically better.

Santa Monica showing favoritism?

Message 11 of 29 (655 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1469 posts

Mar 16, 2013
Kratos is the best character in the game now while kat glitches, sly nerf, nathan nerf makes them out of that list. He still gains huge amount of AP, even if you hitting everyone with raiden he still gets enough ap in 2-3 hits vs raiden 7-9 hits. That's truly unfair. I guess we can make a petition when the patch comes out?
DC Universe and Playstation Home
Message 12 of 29 (622 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
282 posts

Mar 16, 2013

He's already been nerfed once, and honestly doesn't need it. He's a pretty balanced character overall. In FFA anybody can be good if you know how to play it, so i don't wanna hear the "hes too good in FFA". 

Check out my channel for Combo Videos and Tournament matches!
www.youtube.com/mogilsumi
Message 13 of 29 (586 Views)
Sackboy
503 posts

Mar 16, 2013
Kratos has a faster ap gain than Raiden yet Raiden's level 1 is better and with easier kill confirms. Kratos' head of Helios is probably the most balanced kill confirm in the game. Still expect spam just with different buttons? Doesn't that also apply for any character with a slightly spammable move? O.o
Message 14 of 29 (425 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
876 posts

Mar 16, 2013

Aylas_Hero wrote:
Even mindless spammers will have the intelligence to click one button.

It took me a matter of a minute having almost never touched Kratos to figure this out. Just figured I'd let the masses know that Kratos didn't really get a decent fix almost at all. Smiley Sad

Up square is much more punishable then his 3x square right now. The point of changing it was to stop the endless 3x square on a blocking opponent until Kratos chose to grab or the opponent says f*ck it and lets him hit them. It was terrible, this changes that completely.

"ZA ZA ZA ZA ZING"
Mains: Jak, Isaac Subs: Spike, Drake, Evil Cole
6 Seasons with Black Belt! (should be 8)
Message 15 of 29 (222 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
876 posts

Mar 16, 2013

Almost all of the changes to the game itself are going to stop the insane Kratos BS though. no more constantly jumping and down square to put you on the ground then catch you in a recovery / grab when you stand up, no more up square to spin attack 1000 times a minute, no more alot of stuff. Sure everyone is losing the ability to recover after an aerial, but if you paid any attention to what the patch notes said, certain characters are considered on the ground for 10 frames after jumping, so sackboy can still do all his burst combos with the short hop jetpack and other people are uneffected as well. The characters without this are going to be punishable on every failed aerial they try. AKA Kratos. 

"ZA ZA ZA ZA ZING"
Mains: Jak, Isaac Subs: Spike, Drake, Evil Cole
6 Seasons with Black Belt! (should be 8)
Message 16 of 29 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
152 posts

Mar 16, 2013

Kratos simply needs to be slowed down. The biggest problem with him is the fact that when he is blocked he typically has time to throw out another attack before the opposition has time to counter. Fighting games are centered around a risk and reward system, and Kratos is both unpunishable (no risk) and builds crazy AP for decent supers (reward)

To give a balanced example I would use Jak. He is very difficult to punish, but his reward is weak because of his sub-par supers and slow AP building.

The balancing changes were 90% spot on, I'm just having trouble understanding why we still won't give Kratos a significant nerf considering other characters like sackboy got nuked with nerfs.

Message 17 of 29 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9942 posts

Mar 16, 2013
I wish people would stop acting like this is the last patch we'll receive. Just because they didn't nerf him hard enough doesn't mean they won't nerf him harder next time.
 photo Hammer Girl_zpsnrg29qur.jpg
Message 18 of 29 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
99 posts

Mar 19, 2013

I've been playing fighting games since '86...love them, and I love this game...

...but Kratos ruins everything. I hope they fix/patch him so I can get back to this game.

~~~~~~~~~~~~12

Message 19 of 29 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1469 posts

Mar 19, 2013
I'm sorry but WHAT? Your dumber than a squirrel... the nerf they doing to him today it's not even enough to make him balance -_-
DC Universe and Playstation Home
Message 20 of 29 (136 Views)
0 Likes