Highlighted
Oct 28 2012
By: LSSJ-Hessel Monster Hunter 35 posts

Kratos overpoweredness

15 replies 168 views Edited Oct 28, 2012

Hello everybody!
I've been playing the beta of All Stars for a few days now, and I really enjoy it so far. Though, there is one thing I have a problem with, and as you may've already guessed, it's Kratos. 

Not only does Kratos have the best attacks, which are really strong and cover an incredible distance, he also is pretty much the fastest guy in the beta, and can easily counter ANY special you try to perform. All the kids online are just massively mashing the square-button, which performs almost neverending combo's. He first smacks you in the air, then uses his chains to pull himself towards you and do this helicopter move. Besides that he builds up AP like an absolute madman.

Now of course we know Kratos uses attacks like before mentioned in God of War, and dominates there, but wouldn't it at least be possible to make it a bit harder to perform these attacks? Let's say, instead of JUST the square button, make it so that you have to hold a certain directional button while doing so? Also, I think it would help quite a bit if he wouldn't be so fast, and it would take a little more time to perform these attacks. 

At last, Kratos Level 3, which is easily accomplished because of these enormous combo's, should be a little less powerful, I think. He has this energy blast he fires,which is fine of course, but I guess it would be a lot better if it wouldn't automatically hit any person. I've been playing as Sly, and I try to hide from Kratos 3rd level using the Invisible mode. But he just presses this one button(Not sure whether it's O or Triangle) and it's almost like it's self-controlled and generally demolishes me by itself.

At last, I'd like to say that besides Kratos, I've been enjoying the Beta a lot, and I can't wait for the final game!

- LSSJ Hessel

Message 1 of 16 (168 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1163 posts

Re: Kratos overpoweredness

Oct 28, 2012
Helicopter move?
LOL Smiley Very Happy
Message 2 of 16 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Oct 28, 2012
He's the one getting fixed, don't worry.
ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 3 of 16 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
517 posts

Oct 28, 2012

Please stop making these threads.  Superbot is already working to fix Kratos, so there is no more need for this.  

Message 4 of 16 (155 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1147 posts

Oct 28, 2012

If Superbot keeps making changes to characters because of whiny people who can't learn the game, we'll end up with horribly broken characters. Developers should never listen to the general public for balancing issues, it should be done in closed testing with small groups of people who really know how to play.

Message 5 of 16 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Oct 28, 2012

You mad bro? This game is perfect man nobody's overpowered blerp derp

Message 6 of 16 (142 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1163 posts

Oct 28, 2012
Nobody is OP.I can win with any of them.People need to learn the game.You need skill.
Message 7 of 16 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Oct 28, 2012

Ferkel11 wrote:
Nobody is OP.I can win with any of them.People need to learn the game.You need skill.

Brawl too, I can win with everyone! So nobody's OP! Thanks for this dude, THANKS you opened my mind

Message 8 of 16 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Oct 28, 2012

Alright everybody, first of all thanks for your inputs, and I didn't realise that SuperBot was fixing it already. Now, to Levi_Skardsen, I'm not whining. It's just true that he's too overpowered. A friend of me and I have been playing as Fat Princess and Sly, and we've been pretty much winning every match since we got to know our characters. The only ones we couldn't take on was a team of 2 Kratos's. It's incredibly hard to get close to them because of these auto-aimed chains.

Message 9 of 16 (128 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1147 posts

Oct 28, 2012

That's your fault for being bad at the game. If Kratos is really so powerful, why do I consistently beat him?

Message 10 of 16 (109 Views)
0 Likes