Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 31 2013
By: myaman Lombax Warrior 102 posts

Kratos nerf suggestions from me and you!

6 replies 117 views Edited Jan 31, 2013

I'm on the side of everyone who says to nerf Kratos, but I don't want SEVERE nerfs here are the problems with Kratos that I've seen people say and I agree with:

"Kratos' square attacks are outrageously fast and have a bit of range on them." I don't want his attacks to be changed, I think it would be fair if Kratos' attacks were given a longer wind-up so his square attacks are the same speed as Dante, Nariko, and Raidens' square attacks (note how I mentioned other swordsmen characters to say that all the swordsmen should have pretty equal wind-ups on their square attacks).

"Kratos' AP gain is too quick." I haven't payed much attention to how much AP some of Kratos' attacks give him, but I have read that his neutral triangle gives him 40 AP. Usually the highest AP one attack will give is 30 AP and is an ejector move like Heihachi and Parappa's neutral triangles. Kratos seems like he is always the first to get a level 3 super when against equally leveled opponents (even when paired with an equally leveled Raiden, Nariko, and Dante in the same match). This may be because of his lightning fast square attacks more than his AP gain.

I believe that Kratos' common dominance in FFA battles come more from his quick square attacks more than his AP gain, but I also think it's kind of a combination between the two.

Please reply with your opinions, for and against a nerf for Kratos, and please give your reasoning :smileyhappy:

I hope this gets noticed by SuperBot!

Scott Pilgrim for Playstation All Stars Battle Royale!
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 7 (117 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
954 posts

Re: Kratos nerf suggestions from me and you!

Jan 31, 2013
Didn't read it but he doesn't need nerf...
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 7 (114 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11027 posts

Jan 31, 2013
Did read it but he does need a nerf.
R.I.P. Off-Topic
04/09/2014 - Never Forget
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 7 (104 Views)
Sackboy
449 posts

Jan 31, 2013

I want them to remove the Helios head. There's no blood but it's still not at all subtle.

#TogetherToros
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 7 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
282 posts

Jan 31, 2013

"Kratos' AP gain is too quick." I haven't payed much attention to how much AP some of Kratos' attacks give him"

Claim to say the AP gain is too quick, but don't even know how much ap his attacks give him? At least do the smallest of research before cluttering the forum with more nerf threads. Lost all respect in this argument until you actually have some research behind your claim. 

Check out my channel for Combo Videos and Tournament matches!
www.youtube.com/mogilsumi
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 7 (84 Views)
Lombax Warrior
102 posts

Jan 31, 2013
The thing is I've been in multiple battles where Kratos has gotten a level 3 within the first minute of the match. I noted that my thoughts are that Kratos gains AP quickly because of all his quick attacks. I'm sure that when I do some research on Kratos' AP gain, his AP gain is going to be pretty much equal to that of all the other characters.

Remember that I'm quoting what I've read the most in other people's opinions on what probably should be nerfed and I gave... one example (I'll give you that one) on how some of Kratos' attacks gain a bit more AP than other characters. So, let me restate my opinion, I believe that Kratos' attacks are a little too quick for him to be balanced with the rest of the characters and IF, and only IF Kratos' AP gain is a little too fast to be balanced, that's most likely because Kratos gets lots of AP and quick level 3s from his attacks being a bit too fast to be balanced.

Thanks for sharing your opinion!
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 7 (56 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
102 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 31, 2013

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 7 (48 Views)
0 Likes