Hekseville Citizen
370 posts

Re: Kratos is WAY overpowered...

Oct 24, 2012

kratos is beatable. stop all the crying and step your game up. 

Message 51 of 79 (302 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
35 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 24, 2012

DarkHowl wrote:

It's rare that I see anyone get more than 1-2 kills with Kratos' Lv3 in a match where everyone is actively dodging.

You must be playing on a completely different planet. Now I know you're BSing.

Monkee-King_ wrote:

kratos is beatable. stop all the crying and step your game up.

This isn't about skill... Every character is beatable, but Kratos obviously has the upper hand in moves, agility, and supers.

Message 52 of 79 (295 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
129 posts

Oct 24, 2012

Combo

kilburni86 wrote:

He can just throw his blades out and pull himself towards your character with no real skill or aim. It's automatic. Every time I play as him I dominate and anytime there's a Kratos in a game with 3 non-Kratos characters, he dominates. There have only been a handful of times I've seen a first place winner that wasn't Kratos and it's really annoying.

His attributes are insane:

- Quick (definitely not as slow as Radec/Sweet Tooth)

- Combo-centric (easy to throw an opponent into the air and then dominate with air attacks)

- Crazy supers (His 1&2 are fine, but his level 3 is absolutely ridiculous. I can get 6+ kills with it almost every time. It either needs to be a shorter length or they need to drop the auto aim shot out of his sword when you press O)

- Builds AP too quickly (this is probably my biggest gripe. If it took you like 120 to 150 seconds to build a lvl 3 that would be okay, but most players are getting to a lvl3 within 90-120. I've seen someone get off two of them...that's about 13 kills)

I reall like Kratos as a character but everything is just too easy with him. It's going to be frustrating to see new players gravitate towards him all the time and dominate by button mashing. My personal suggestion would be to drop one of those attributes I listed to even him out, so either:

- Make him a bit slower (this would make his combos a bit less effective, IMO)

- Shorten his Lvl 3 super or drop the "Press O to dominate from across the level" feature

- Give him less AP for his moves, specifically anything mapped to the "square" button.

What do you guys think? Am I just whining or is he overpowered?

Combo centric? Isn't that kinda the point?

He isn't that fast but I feel he is faster then some characters he shouldn't be faster then like parappa and sly they are pretty slow

when I play kratos I never use his level 3 super I feel IMO that his level 2 super is far better then level 3 if used correctly

besides his level 3 super is pretty easy to dodge, I dodge it most of the time, he can only strike three times in a row so there you go easy to dodge and his range is easy to doge as well especially if you know when they will use it.

Now his little chain grab thing needs to be fixed its range is insane and the homing feature on it needs to be gone all together.

People keep saying he is OP but everybody has a different opinion on what OP is to them.

Message 53 of 79 (289 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
451 posts

Oct 24, 2012

Kratos and Radec are very noob friendly which makes it seem like they may be OP, but I highly doubt either of them will be top tier characters for 1v1, and while they will be good for 2v2, I do not see them being OP.

1st Ever Black Belt (Acquired in Free For All)
1st Ever 2v2 Player to 300, 400, 500-1300 wins
1st Ever 2v2 Player to Black Belt level 300
1st Ever Free For All Player to Black Belt level 100
2nd Ever 2v2 Black Belt
Message 54 of 79 (286 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
58 posts

Oct 24, 2012

stelmoslight wrote:

Redskinsrock2689 wrote:

DarkHowl wrote:

It's rare that I see anyone get more than 1-2 kills with Kratos' Lv3 in a match where everyone is actively dodging.

You seriously have to be joking. 

I have been in many matches where Kratos uses his lvl3 (i.e. any match Kratos is in) and I try to dodge all the time.  I have never once been successful, so either you have the dexterity of a god, or just lucked out.  I have NEVER seen him get less than 5 kills.  And anyways, have you ever seen a Kratos player that HASN'T gotten to his lvl3 super?  That in itself says that something is wrong.  

No, I've just been playing since the private beta since that came out. So I've had time to learn. Make no mistake, I do die against that super. I'm usually a part of that 1-2 kils. :/ Mostly on the backswings when I'm at his feet. But I have seen people go kill-less with that before.

And in response to your question, I've seen maybe two Kratos' in the public beta that haven't gotten a Lv3 off. So I see your point. However, I think the meter gain is fine. Once people have a feel for the game and start dodging around, people will find that Kratos' Lv3 isn't anything special. It'll be more of an annoyance that stops the clock. It looks OP right now because we have a huge amount of new players coming in from both Plus and yesterday's full public beta that run away when they see it and don't bother to attempt to dodge for the most part.

Message 55 of 79 (285 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
451 posts

Oct 24, 2012

DarkHowl wrote:

No, I've just been playing since the private beta since that came out. So I've had time to learn. Make no mistake, I do die against that super. I'm usually a part of that 1-2 kils. :/ Mostly on the backswings when I'm at his feet. But I have seen people go kill-less with that before.

And in response to your question, I've seen maybe two Kratos' in the public beta that haven't gotten a Lv3 off. So I see your point. However, I think the meter gain is fine. Once people have a feel for the game and start dodging around, people will find that Kratos' Lv3 isn't anything special. It'll be more of an annoyance that stops the clock. It looks OP right now because we have a huge amount of new players coming in from both Plus and yesterday's full public beta that run away when they see it and don't bother to attempt to dodge for the most part.

If a good Kratos thought he wouldn't get more than 2 kills with his level 3 it would never be used. The way it is currently Kratos is pretty much the only character that a good player will try to reach his level 3 as opposed to using many lvl 1s and lvl 2s.

1st Ever Black Belt (Acquired in Free For All)
1st Ever 2v2 Player to 300, 400, 500-1300 wins
1st Ever 2v2 Player to Black Belt level 300
1st Ever Free For All Player to Black Belt level 100
2nd Ever 2v2 Black Belt
Message 56 of 79 (278 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
518 posts

Oct 24, 2012
Stop all this **bleep** about Kratos being Op and Radec being cheap and OP.. enough! Kratos is nothing that great he is all blades with mid range. His level 2 Super is weak only good when people are above you, and his level 3 is dodgeable, sure you CAN die 2-3 times but you can also dodge everything especially in Free For All rounds.. His Level 1 is decent but he is fair and not OP IMO he has weaknesses on Long Range and if you do choose to go into a projectile war with Kratos, it leaves him exposed and vulnerable
Message 57 of 79 (267 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
370 posts

Oct 24, 2012

You know that kratos is gonna spam chain grab so why not dodge? he misses then hes wide open. he gains meter fast so why not dodge those easy to read grabs or combos and throw him and take his ap? He's the God of War. It would be stupid to take away his ability to kill easily. I think he is PERFECT the way he is.

Message 58 of 79 (257 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
377 posts

Oct 24, 2012
Kratos isn't OP he is your typical all around beginner character in a fighting game. His speed doesn't match raiden Dante or Nariko and yes I have played as each 20 of the characters. His strength doesn't match that of big daddy, sir Dan or heihachi ,he falls right in the middle. He is perfect the way he is.
Message 59 of 79 (248 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
152 posts

Oct 24, 2012

Anthony805 wrote:
Kratos isn't OP he is your typical all around beginner character in a fighting game. His speed doesn't match raiden Dante or Nariko and yes I have played as each 20 of the characters. His strength doesn't match that of big daddy, sir Dan or heihachi ,he falls right in the middle. He is perfect the way he is.

There is no sort of damage or knockback system in this game what the **bleep** does "strength" mean? 

Message 60 of 79 (236 Views)
0 Likes