Re: Kratos is WAY overpowered...

Oct 24, 2012

OrangeFeffy wrote:

imo kratos has these things going for him

speed

combos

insange melee range

builds ap fast

a skill for just about any situation (very versatile)

auto lock chain grab

can turn mid combo

and a long level 3

the the few things i think that would even the playing field is 

fixed chain grab

cant turn during combos

gains ap slower 

You are one of the only others to see that he can turn around mid combo.  I think that if he is in the middle of a combo, he should have to stay that way like Sweet Tooth.  As far as I know, he's the only one who can turn around during a combination and can catch people behind him.  I also agree withg the chain grab.  NO HOMING!  Good job. Smiley Happy

Message 41 of 79 (415 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
139 posts

Oct 24, 2012
havent touched the beta (once at a friends) but from what i've seen and i've seen alot, kratos is in need of some nerfing. he is fast, he has good reach, he can easily set up air combos, his level 1 and 2 are really good, his level 3 is too good. the time on his level 3 is too long and the swords reach itself is long, not to mention the hadoken he can shoot out of it lol. if this is what Superbot calls balance then goooooood night lol. I will say that from the little i've played the game is fun and it does seem to have some depth. it will definitely need some patching though.
RIVAL STAGE & POLYGON STAGE!!!
Message 42 of 79 (405 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
572 posts

Oct 24, 2012

kilburni86 wrote:

He can just throw his blades out and pull himself towards your character with no real skill or aim. It's automatic. Every time I play as him I dominate and anytime there's a Kratos in a game with 3 non-Kratos characters, he dominates. There have only been a handful of times I've seen a first place winner that wasn't Kratos and it's really annoying.

His attributes are insane:

- Quick (definitely not as slow as Radec/Sweet Tooth)

- Combo-centric (easy to throw an opponent into the air and then dominate with air attacks)

- Crazy supers (His 1&2 are fine, but his level 3 is absolutely ridiculous. I can get 6+ kills with it almost every time. It either needs to be a shorter length or they need to drop the auto aim shot out of his sword when you press O)

- Builds AP too quickly (this is probably my biggest gripe. If it took you like 120 to 150 seconds to build a lvl 3 that would be okay, but most players are getting to a lvl3 within 90-120. I've seen someone get off two of them...that's about 13 kills)

I reall like Kratos as a character but everything is just too easy with him. It's going to be frustrating to see new players gravitate towards him all the time and dominate by button mashing. My personal suggestion would be to drop one of those attributes I listed to even him out, so either:

- Make him a bit slower (this would make his combos a bit less effective, IMO)

- Shorten his Lvl 3 super or drop the "Press O to dominate from across the level" feature

- Give him less AP for his moves, specifically anything mapped to the "square" button.

What do you guys think? Am I just whining or is he overpowered?

you dont say

But seriously superbot. NERF THE HELL OUT OF HIM!

dante photo dante2.png
Message 43 of 79 (401 Views)
First Son
21 posts

Oct 24, 2012

No Sly is overpowered he can stay invisible for 80% of the match!!!!!!

Message 44 of 79 (388 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1364 posts

Oct 24, 2012
Sly can't block. If you played as Sly yourself, you can get a good feel where other Sly players are.
Message 45 of 79 (380 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2718 posts

Oct 24, 2012
His forward square needs fixing. nothing else..
if it just went straight instead of 350 degree homing chains then it would be fine.
it should just go straight!!!
ハマり度MAX!!
Message 46 of 79 (375 Views)
Splicer
58 posts

Oct 24, 2012

Nerf Kratos' forward square to where it only goes horizontal. No more auto-aim on that and I feel that Kratos would be fine. Anyone who has a problem with his Lv3 super being too OP likely hasn't played against someone who can dodge. Kratos has the second easiest Lv3 super to avoid in the beta right now. The only one that beats that is Fat Princess and that's because her Lv3 is horrible.

Yes, Kratos has an insane amount of meter gain compared to everyone else. But that seems to balance out the fact that his supers are subpar. Kratos' Lv1 has a bit of a wind up on it and can either be interrupted or dodged rather easily as a result. His Lv2 is rather wonky to deal with and is only reliable as an anti-air super due to the super having no ceiling and lasts just long enough kill someone that tried to air dodge through it. Now comes Lv3. Not only does Kratos' sword beam not go through even flimsy stage platforms, it's easy to air dodge. You can safely dodge at his feet and avoid most of the swings (Though the backswing might get you if you dodge behind him). It's rare that I see anyone get more than 1-2 kills with Kratos' Lv3 in a match where everyone is actively dodging.

Short version: Dodge (L1 on PS3, L on Vita) is your friend. Learn the timing and you start to see that Kratos' supers pretty much make up for his quick meter gain.

Message 47 of 79 (362 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
122 posts

Oct 24, 2012

I dont think he's overpowered, I can easily dodge each of his supers. Although its hard to survive his 3rd super, it can be done and I have done it a good amount of times. The only thing I would change is his forward + square move. It should only go straight in front of kratos and not automatically to someone coming from above.

Message 48 of 79 (359 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
451 posts

Oct 24, 2012

DarkHowl wrote:

It's rare that I see anyone get more than 1-2 kills with Kratos' Lv3 in a match where everyone is actively dodging.

You seriously have to be joking. 

1st Ever Black Belt (Acquired in Free For All)
1st Ever 2v2 Player to 300, 400, 500-1300 wins
1st Ever 2v2 Player to Black Belt level 300
1st Ever Free For All Player to Black Belt level 100
2nd Ever 2v2 Black Belt
Message 49 of 79 (356 Views)
Sackboy
517 posts

Oct 24, 2012

Redskinsrock2689 wrote:

DarkHowl wrote:

It's rare that I see anyone get more than 1-2 kills with Kratos' Lv3 in a match where everyone is actively dodging.

You seriously have to be joking. 

I have been in many matches where Kratos uses his lvl3 (i.e. any match Kratos is in) and I try to dodge all the time.  I have never once been successful, so either you have the dexterity of a god, or just lucked out.  I have NEVER seen him get less than 5 kills.  And anyways, have you ever seen a Kratos player that HASN'T gotten to his lvl3 super?  That in itself says that something is wrong.  

Message 50 of 79 (352 Views)
0 Likes