But this is crazy. I just ran into a kratos where all he did was push forward and square...not exaggerating either, all he did was push forward and square and he got his level 3 super in less than a minute. Ridiculous.
I'd like to see him fixed but not crippled...
I think the majority of complaints are coming from that freakin' Forward + Square. It's not quite as bad as people say, assuming you're playing against only 1 Kratos, but that's never the case. Most of the time, at least 2 other people get their Lv 2 as kratos before you have a chance to execute a decent combo just because of that auto aim chain grab....
I agree; he needs to be fixed, but not crippled.
He can just throw his blades out and pull himself towards your character with no real skill or aim. It's automatic. Every time I play as him I dominate and anytime there's a Kratos in a game with 3 non-Kratos characters, he dominates. There have only been a handful of times I've seen a first place winner that wasn't Kratos and it's really annoying.
His attributes are insane:
- Quick (definitely not as slow as Radec/Sweet Tooth)
- Combo-centric (easy to throw an opponent into the air and then dominate with air attacks)
- Crazy supers (His 1&2 are fine, but his level 3 is absolutely ridiculous. I can get 6+ kills with it almost every time. It either needs to be a shorter length or they need to drop the auto aim shot out of his sword when you press O)
- Builds AP too quickly (this is probably my biggest gripe. If it took you like 120 to 150 seconds to build a lvl 3 that would be okay, but most players are getting to a lvl3 within 90-120. I've seen someone get off two of them...that's about 13 kills)
I reall like Kratos as a character but everything is just too easy with him. It's going to be frustrating to see new players gravitate towards him all the time and dominate by button mashing. My personal suggestion would be to drop one of those attributes I listed to even him out, so either:
- Make him a bit slower (this would make his combos a bit less effective, IMO)
- Shorten his Lvl 3 super or drop the "Press O to dominate from across the level" feature
- Give him less AP for his moves, specifically anything mapped to the "square" button.
What do you guys think? Am I just whining or is he overpowered?
You must be new here.
I don't usually post on forums, but I must agree for the average player, Kratos forward+square chain grab is a little op. As a helpful hint though, I thought I'd post this for dealing with a grab spamming Kratos. If your coming towards him, quickly block if you know the grab is coming, even though he is not vulnerable for long, if your playing with a character that has a good dash attack like Fat Princess or Sweet Tooth, use that after blocking the Kratos grab, works every time! Also if your playing as Sly, just telaport instead just before the grab and forward triangle the Kratos user, that works too!
I also think that Kratos is overplayed NOT Over powered as well !!! He has an Interesting character to him actually! Him and Big Daddy should be Best Budds!!! ;p XDDD
My Account on Anivide!!!
A FUN AND FRIENDLY ALSO HYPER GIRL.
REMEMBER THIS FOREVER.........
I AM A FOREVER RAYMAN FANGIRL AND GAMER.
A JIM CARRY FAN
I LOVE & SUPPORT THE FRENCH AND UK ACCENTS AND COUNTRY.
imo kratos has these things going for him
insange melee range
builds ap fast
a skill for just about any situation (very versatile)
auto lock chain grab
can turn mid combo
and a long level 3
the the few things i think that would even the playing field is
fixed chain grab
cant turn during combos
gains ap slower