Fender Bender
2718 posts

Re: Kratos is WAY overpowered...

Oct 24, 2012
forward square should be straight chain only. he has up triangle to counter an airbourne character.. its fine.
ハマり度MAX!!
Message 31 of 79 (335 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Oct 24, 2012
I agree... he wasn't as OP in the other beta, infact in the other beta I was having a really hard time winning with kratos...

But this is crazy. I just ran into a kratos where all he did was push forward and square...not exaggerating either, all he did was push forward and square and he got his level 3 super in less than a minute. Ridiculous.

I'd like to see him fixed but not crippled...
Message 32 of 79 (324 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1736 posts

Oct 24, 2012

I think the majority of complaints are coming from that freakin' Forward + Square. It's not quite as bad as people say, assuming you're playing against only 1 Kratos, but that's never the case. Most of the time, at least 2 other people get their Lv 2 as kratos before you have a chance to execute a decent combo just because of that auto aim chain grab....

I agree; he needs to be fixed, but not crippled.

Message 33 of 79 (320 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1704 posts

Oct 24, 2012

kilburni86 wrote:

He can just throw his blades out and pull himself towards your character with no real skill or aim. It's automatic. Every time I play as him I dominate and anytime there's a Kratos in a game with 3 non-Kratos characters, he dominates. There have only been a handful of times I've seen a first place winner that wasn't Kratos and it's really annoying.

His attributes are insane:

- Quick (definitely not as slow as Radec/Sweet Tooth)

- Combo-centric (easy to throw an opponent into the air and then dominate with air attacks)

- Crazy supers (His 1&2 are fine, but his level 3 is absolutely ridiculous. I can get 6+ kills with it almost every time. It either needs to be a shorter length or they need to drop the auto aim shot out of his sword when you press O)

- Builds AP too quickly (this is probably my biggest gripe. If it took you like 120 to 150 seconds to build a lvl 3 that would be okay, but most players are getting to a lvl3 within 90-120. I've seen someone get off two of them...that's about 13 kills)

I reall like Kratos as a character but everything is just too easy with him. It's going to be frustrating to see new players gravitate towards him all the time and dominate by button mashing. My personal suggestion would be to drop one of those attributes I listed to even him out, so either:

- Make him a bit slower (this would make his combos a bit less effective, IMO)

- Shorten his Lvl 3 super or drop the "Press O to dominate from across the level" feature

- Give him less AP for his moves, specifically anything mapped to the "square" button.

What do you guys think? Am I just whining or is he overpowered?

You must be new here.

Message 34 of 79 (318 Views)
First Son
30 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 24, 2012

I don't usually post on forums, but I must agree for the average player, Kratos forward+square chain grab is a little op. As a helpful hint though, I thought I'd post this for dealing with a grab spamming Kratos. If your coming towards him, quickly block if you know the grab is coming, even though he is not vulnerable for long, if your playing with a character that has a good dash attack like Fat Princess or Sweet Tooth, use that after blocking the Kratos grab, works every time! Also if your playing as Sly, just telaport instead just before the grab and forward triangle the Kratos user, that works too!

Message 35 of 79 (316 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Oct 24, 2012

His auto-aim needs to go.  Then he will be on par with everyone else.

Message 36 of 79 (305 Views)
Gaming Beast
1746 posts

Oct 24, 2012

Guys let's be honest here. Kratos isn't OP. His chain grab is OP. He's completely fine otherwise.

Message 37 of 79 (303 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
205 posts

Oct 24, 2012

I also think that Kratos is overplayed NOT Over powered as well !!! He has an Interesting character to him actually! Him and Big Daddy should be Best Budds!!! ;p XDDD

Heart RAYMAN Heart

RAYMAN'S GIRL/LOVER/WIFE/STALKER/ADMIRER 3333333333
My Account on Anivide!!!
http://www.anivide.com/user/Sexygamergirl

A GAMER.
A COSPLAYER
A FUN AND FRIENDLY ALSO HYPER GIRL.
REMEMBER THIS FOREVER.........
I AM A FOREVER RAYMAN FANGIRL AND GAMER.
A JIM CARRY FAN
I LOVE & SUPPORT THE FRENCH AND UK ACCENTS AND COUNTRY.

Message 38 of 79 (299 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
393 posts

Oct 24, 2012

imo kratos has these things going for him

speed

combos

insange melee range

builds ap fast

a skill for just about any situation (very versatile)

auto lock chain grab

can turn mid combo

and a long level 3

the the few things i think that would even the playing field is 

fixed chain grab

cant turn during combos

gains ap slower 

Message 39 of 79 (289 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1736 posts

Oct 24, 2012

Oh wait, DUH.....

God of War = Santa Monica Studios

All-Stars = Santa Monica Studios (and SuperBot)

That explains why so much work went into making Kratos the best character

Message 40 of 79 (282 Views)
0 Likes