Sackboy
451 posts

Re: Kratos is WAY overpowered...

Oct 20, 2012

Young_Guns_3 wrote:

Thats pretty impressive. Im not good with sly though so I could never do that good.

lol, this isn't even close to my best game, just my best game where I was facing 3 kratos players.

1st Ever Black Belt (Acquired in Free For All)
1st Ever 2v2 Player to 300, 400, 500-1300 wins
1st Ever 2v2 Player to Black Belt level 300
1st Ever Free For All Player to Black Belt level 100
2nd Ever 2v2 Black Belt
Message 11 of 79 (968 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Oct 22, 2012

I 100% agree! It is utterly frustrating playing the beta at this point because I can't even play a single match without at least 2 people exploiting this OP character (Kratos). Not saying that it is the only thing wrong with the game atm and I am also not saying it is a bad game because I am completely in love with it. But yeah, he's definitely OP. P.S. I also own all those noob **bleep** that use him but it takes all I got unlike when I play against any of the other characters. So don’t go and troll me saying to change my strategy, because I dominate... Just sayin'.

Message 12 of 79 (942 Views)
Lombax Warrior
162 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 22, 2012

My only issue with Kratos is his chain grab.

The Issues

- It has priority over EVERYTHING. Because it's pretty much instant, it trumps every other move (and it's a grab)

- it auto-aims, diagonally AND forward

- it has no set range

- it has no delay (which means you can effectively do it over and over again)

Possibe Solutions

- Map the move to neutral square so it requires more of conscious effort

- Increase start up time

- Make it only forward or only diagonal up (not both)

- Decrease AP (20 is too much for a move that spammable)

- Decrease range, so it's not an automatic latch on despite distance.

------------------
THIS IS ACE

Team Aceun

Message 13 of 79 (931 Views)
Gaming Beast
2075 posts

Oct 22, 2012

i would say get rid of the auto aim O attack during his level 3 and make it so his forward square only goes forward instead of homing after you.  that should do it

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 14 of 79 (930 Views)
Lombax Warrior
162 posts

Oct 22, 2012

His auto aim O attack during his super can be air dodged. I'm actually okay with Kratos' level 3 as is. It just sucks that he gets there so fast.

On a completely unrelated note:

Speaking of level 3s, can they un-nerf Fatty Ps level 3? At best it can get three kills and at worst it can get 0. That's not a level 3. Don't care how good her level 2 is. Even Parappa and Heihachi have a guaranteed 3 kills with their level 3. I digress.

------------------
THIS IS ACE

Team Aceun

Message 15 of 79 (916 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
1104 posts

Oct 22, 2012
I agree.
This is relevant to my inetrest
Message 16 of 79 (912 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1104 posts

Oct 22, 2012
Kratos is the only character that gives me trouble when using my main(sly) cuz his chains have priotary on everything
This is relevant to my inetrest
Message 17 of 79 (905 Views)
Splicer
77 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 22, 2012

I love the responses these threads get like... "he isn't oped, I beat him all the time."  

I'm sorry, if you took someone as equally skilled at using Kratos vs. someone equally skilled at another character in the beta, Kratos would most likely win 70% of the time.   It doesn't take someone with 25+ years of fighting game experience to see that; he just has way more tools and advantages over other characters, like super quick AP build, high priority moves, crazy anti-airs, AUTO AIM grabs from a distance, the ability to combo multiple foes from a distance with cat like speed, fast, very good supers with a level 3 that can easily net 4-6 kills because of how long the thing lasts and its AUTO AIM shots and quick sword strikes with crazy hitboxes.... hell, the dude even has a full screen ranged attack (even if it isn't that strong) and the ability to reflect projectiles with his golden fleece.   The guy is like Dhalsim, Chun Li, Zangief, Ryu and a bunch of other fighting game characters rolled into one..

Those who are saying he isn't overpowered are just saying so to try to pump up their own egoes because "look at me, I have no problem handing scrubs who play Kratos their butts."

Message 18 of 79 (904 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1079 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 22, 2012

I realy hat how his chain grab auto aim's. they realy need to go only forward or at least make it slower.  It's just so unfair because its pretty much like parrapas chain but can aim anywhere! Although i dont have a problem with facing kratos i can tell alot of new player are gonna jump right to using him just because of it. :l Then there will be even MORE Kratos players.

all stars photo psasbr2_zpsc1059804.png

My raiden over all your mains.
#PSASBR2
Message 19 of 79 (893 Views)
Lombax Warrior
146 posts

Oct 22, 2012
Kratos is pretty OP, His blades stretch so far, it hits not only ppl infront of him, but also behind him, not only is he deadly close range but can build a decent amount of AP from afar, etc. I fear a really good Kratos player that would utilize all his abiliys rather than 90% of the Kratos users ive faces that mash square like no tomorrow.
Image and video hosting by TinyPicxxspadezxx
Message 20 of 79 (883 Views)