Uncharted Territory
1361 posts

Re: Kratos is NOT overpowered because...

Jan 31, 2013
hes overpowered.
Message 41 of 70 (121 Views)
Lombax Warrior
100 posts

Jan 31, 2013
He doesn't get a bunch of ap?
/thread.
Message 42 of 70 (117 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Jan 31, 2013
Ok guys , so here's what I think of the God of AP gain.
(most of this also goes for Raiden)
The fact that he is so **bleep** fast/can change direction mid combo shouldn't give him as much AP as he gains right now.
That is kinda really freaking good..
In 1vs1 and maybe even 2v2 he probably isn't as good , mainly becouse everyone probably knows his attacks by now , and/or how to punish them.
I'd actually love to use Kratos , being the somewhat GoW fan that I am , but I just can't. I'd feel bad for winning with him , honestly..
I currently use two combo heavy characters , Donte and Heihachi and two "slower" (really don't know what to call it) characters , Sweet Tooth and Sackboy.
I can handle Kratos really good with Heihachi and Tooth , but with Sackboy and Donte.. not so much.
I guess Donte is just WAY too slow/punishable.. and Sackboy is Sackboy.

Conclusion: Nerf him. Make him either overall slower , lower his AP gain OR increase the amount of AP he needs for a super.
(same goes for Raiden)

And yes , I know this is a lot to read , lol.
Message 43 of 70 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
310 posts

Jan 31, 2013

People have stopped my lvl 2, and I don't think is exactly cause of lag cause it has happened more than one and of course, it's in the middle of a group, so they hit me not knowing I was going to super. And if it's lag, then that should be fixed.

Kratos is NOT the fastest attacker, Raiden IS. If I were to have a main Rival, Raiden would've been. His attack are WAY more faster than mine (lag or no lag(vs AI)) and his combos are super long compared to Kratos. 

His chain attack length was cut a lot and it leaves him open if he misses. And the whole "using it while you are dealing to kill someone else" issue, IS the point of doing it, cause that way, of course, we make you loose. Just as Raiden has his fast dashing slash to prevent anyone from doing the same.

Message 44 of 70 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
310 posts

Jan 31, 2013
Dude, if they keep nerfing Kratos more and or making him slower, etc, you will end up with the "Cod of War". (See link)

http://cache.kotaku.com/assets/images/9/2007/03/cod01.jpg

And in 2v2, well, I team with Drake, Toro and Spike, and I still win more kills than the rest. Plus I have to use a super huge combo just so I can get to lvl 1, IF I actually manage to hit first AND not be interrupted by someone else, which happens a LOT. :\

Message 45 of 70 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1361 posts

Jan 31, 2013
welp, hes going to get nerfed anyways Smiley Happy
Message 46 of 70 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
310 posts

Jan 31, 2013
Says a none Super Bot or Santa Monica employee. Smiley Wink

Message 47 of 70 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1361 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 31, 2013
Message 48 of 70 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
310 posts

Jan 31, 2013
If it is true, it's a balancing issue and not just nerfing Kratos. Raiden and Drake can suck it too. Smiley Very Happy

And I'm just waiting for the day they DO balance them out and STILL people get beaten by Kratos. That'll be funny as hell! Smiley Wink

Message 49 of 70 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1336 posts

Jan 31, 2013

EarthLunacy wrote:
If it is true, it's a balancing issue and not just nerfing Kratos. Raiden and Drake can suck it too. Smiley Very Happy

And I'm just waiting for the day they DO balance them out and STILL people get beaten by Kratos. That'll be funny as hell! Smiley Wink

Well obviously people can still get beaten by kratos after the nerf it's not like its meant to make him useless but more balanced.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Photobucket
Message 50 of 70 (98 Views)
0 Likes