Dec 01 2012
By: ProtestActivisio First Son 28 posts

Kratos is NOT overpowered because...

69 replies 1751 views Edited Dec 1, 2012
Kratos doesn't gain a bunch of ap from any one attack, He is EASY to kill with supers, his level 1 AND level two can be stopped by hitting him. His grapple chains don't always find the character right in front of him, Most people don't spam just one combo. (Just because he's using his blades doesn't make it the SAME move) ANY combo you get stuck in is going to be annoying, that doesn't make it overpowered. I'd rather be stuck in one of Kratos' combos than raidens or dantes. Kratos has the head of helios, bow of apollo and wings of ircuas (Three moves you hardly EVER see online) both of which don't really help him get any ap. He gets it all from putting together combos. And his golden fleece isn't amazing either. I don't know how many times I've meant to parry an attack and whipped out his bow instead XD He's not really overpowered, people just like to cry about him XD Go ahead and nerf him, you'll still lose to players who know how to use him correctly. x)
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 70 (1,751 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

Re: Kratos is NOT overpowered because...

Dec 1, 2012
He is easy to kill with supers? So is everyone else in the game. I have never once seen his level 2 stopped. The homing on his combat grapple is pretty good if you in range, blocking is the only hope there. From what I have seen most people use the same combo (it's the same with Raiden and Dante). No real comment on his fleece as I see no one use it.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 70 (1,740 Views)
PlayStation MVP
11517 posts

Dec 1, 2012

TwistedAvenger wrote:
He is easy to kill with supers? So is everyone else in the game. I have never once seen his level 2 stopped. The homing on his combat grapple is pretty good if you in range, blocking is the only hope there. From what I have seen most people use the same combo (it's the same with Raiden and Dante). No real comment on his fleece as I see no one use it.

The fleece bothers the crap out of me because it can stop projectiles! It will throw a blast back at you. His level 2 can be stopped. There is just little reason to do so. 

"The business of the industry is business"
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 70 (1,717 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2387 posts

Dec 1, 2012
His level 2 can be stopped by another super. But I'm pretty sure most level 2s can be stopped by another super.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 70 (1,712 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
28 posts

Dec 1, 2012
The smaller characters have a much easier time getting out of/avoiding supers. His level 2 can be stopped by hitting him just as he uses it (Done it and had it happen to me multiple times) Plus You can Air parry while in it and have a chance of not dying. No one uses his wings either but there's a killer combo involving them X) I use his fleece to shoot back spamming cakes and sniper rounds. No one uses head of Helios either even though a well time blast sets up his crappy level 1. He himself isn't overpowered, people just ruined his name with spamming one combo the whole game
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 70 (1,707 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Dec 1, 2012

I stopped at "Kratos is NOT overpowered"

Me: 

New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 70 (1,703 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
387 posts

Dec 1, 2012
No. No no no no no and... No.
Great range, great AP gain from EVERY attack, cheap supers that land all the time and good, easy, yet unnecessary combos make him OVERPOWERED! I dodge/block his chain grab all the time. Does you no good since he can constantly do the attack. So, again, NO!
When in doubt, freak 'em out.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 70 (1,701 Views)
First Son
28 posts

Dec 1, 2012
If he gets hit in that second before he drives the blade of Olympus into the ground, his super is stopped.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 70 (1,699 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2387 posts

Dec 1, 2012
All of his attacks except for his bow and arrow have great ap gain. If your close to somebody and you press triangle, 40 ap, from one attack.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 70 (1,695 Views)
First Son
28 posts

Dec 1, 2012
Yes yes yes. Blockable supers and an easily avoidable level 3 balances him out same, goes for Dante, his moves might be annoying BUT he's balanced, Raiden on the other hand...
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 70 (1,692 Views)
0 Likes