Highlighted
Oct 27 2012
By: IceColdKilla44 Gaming Beast 1779 posts

Kratos' Up+Square needs a higher recovery time.

[ Edited ]
7 replies 272 views Edited Oct 27, 2012

I've noticed that most of the Kratoses in the beta seem to spam two things. Kratos'  Grapple (Forward + Square) and his Launch (Up + Square). Some people think the grapple is a little unbalanced, but I'll admit that it does at least have a fair recovery time. If you miss with the chain grab, you're left vulnerable for other people to hit you. There's a punishment for missing this attack, and risk is what keeps you from spamming it.

But Kratos' launch attack is VERY spammer-friendly right now, because there's close to no recovery time. That means there's no punishment or risk to you if you miss, so you can just keep spamming it. That's what makes this move so difficult to dodge if you're midair; Kratos can perform this move faster than you can dodge it.

The biggest problem with this move being OP is this: It's Kratos' Combo starter. This is what I have to avoid if I don't want to get caught in one of Kratos' long combos. But this move can be spammed with no recovery time, making it very hard to avoid (and therefore making Kratos' COMBOS very hard to avoid). If there's one move in Kratos' moveset that shouldn't be OP, it's this one.

I think adding a longer recovery time to this move could go a long way in balancing Kratos right now. This is easily one of the most spammed moves in the beta right now, other than his chain grab. What do you guys think?

Message 1 of 8 (272 Views)
Gaming Beast
1779 posts

Re: Kratos' Up+Square needs a higher recovery time.

Oct 27, 2012
Message 2 of 8 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2718 posts

Oct 27, 2012
never heard anyone complain about this.
ハマり度MAX!!
Message 3 of 8 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1779 posts

Oct 27, 2012

stargateheaven wrote:
never heard anyone complain about this.

Really? I've heard quite a few people complain about it. Most people just say it within the hundreds of "Kratos is OP" threads instead of addressing it directly though.

Message 4 of 8 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
327 posts

Oct 27, 2012
Its called a combo. Alot of characters (especially Dante and Raiden) will have combos. Radec has the foward + square then go into his forward + triangle. The others I haven't really found combos because there not really combo ecentric. If you a professional player it's called juggleing.
Message 5 of 8 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1779 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 28, 2012

I'm not saying he shouldn't be able to do combos; that's ridiculous. Once an opponent gets you into a combo, you're in hitstun so you can't really escape it.

I'm saying that most games balance this out by having the combo starter be very hard to land, so that you have only yourself to blame if you get stuck in a long combo. In this game, Kratos' combo starter is very easy to land and can be spammed all day. That's what's imbalanced.

Message 6 of 8 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
327 posts

Oct 28, 2012
Oh. Gotcha. I thought you were complaining about Kratos combos XD Soory ^^
Message 7 of 8 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1779 posts

Oct 28, 2012
Message 8 of 8 (166 Views)
0 Likes