Message 11 of 14 (66 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
350 posts

Re: Kratos Regular Sq Combo

Jan 31, 2013

DarkErazor wrote:

Jozai wrote:

yea i was playing as g cole.. kratos was his main.. but he just spam regular sq combo until i make a move and then he will do a combo.. same combo that can KC into 2... even tho i lost by 1.. i felt i shudv won cuz that was really cheap. inescapable.. i dont have a counter so he wud just spam that no matter how long it took .. 

There is a very small window, where you can punish a blocked square combo. If you don't want to rely on that just block the first two hits and then release block, the third hit will send you flying away. Then try to outzone him with cole, he has so much range and tools. If he's getting close and wants to spam again, try to jump above him and Up Circle him. Works great against most spammers.

Wow i never thought about getting hit by his 3rd hit on purpose to fly away thats smart.. thnx.. and yea i do try to jump a lot but sometimes he catches me when im getting up or w.e.. i just need more practice fighting him.

Jozai custom made signature photo jozaigoodcolesignature_zps1ca25a9d.gif
Message 12 of 14 (50 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
572 posts

Jan 31, 2013
yeah, but that sounds so bad though. never in a fighting game should a viable way out be that you let your opponent hit you. Either way, he is still getting ap and being rewarded for such bad tactics

ouyofo.jpg

Message 13 of 14 (48 Views)
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
298 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 31, 2013

Xarf wrote:
yeah, but that sounds so bad though. never in a fighting game should a viable way out be that you let your opponent hit you. Either way, he is still getting ap and being rewarded for such bad tactics

If you think about it, he's not rewarded, instead he's destroying his own strategy. Kratos has to approach Good Cole, because otherwise, he'll be outzoned by Coles projectiles. Try playing against a very good Good Cole and you'll see that it's not easy to get in. So once you succeeded in closing the distance, Kratos gains 30 AP from this blocked combo. Then you'll have to do the whole thing all over again, while Cole is just racking up AP, as he gets 20 for a grenade, 30 for a homing grenade and 5 for each lightining. And not to forget, you can punish the Square Square Square combo, but that requires some practice.

The Jak Archives:
http://allstararena.com/threads/the-jak-archives.449/
Message 14 of 14 (40 Views)
0 Likes