Jan 31 2013
By: Jozai Hekseville Citizen 350 posts

Kratos Regular Sq Combo

13 replies 222 views Edited Jan 31, 2013

What can i do when kratos spams the regular sq combo at me.. i cant dodge cuz when i do he still hits me. cant hit cuz his hit is faster. cant grab cuz his hit is faster. cant jumpo bcuz he still hits me.. all i can do is just hold block and wait til he grabs me or does his super to dodge... I want some tips and asking for help on this bcuz i lost to a kratos just by 1 we played a match of stock 5. i killed him 3-0 then he killed me guess he noticed i couldnt do anything when he spams his sq combo... and we ended up 4-5.. which sux cuz i didnt know what to do when he spams that except hold block and try to dodge when he done.. any tips? except stuff like "Dont get cought by it" .. real tips please... 

Jozai custom made signature photo jozaigoodcolesignature_zps1ca25a9d.gif
Message 1 of 14 (222 Views)
Wastelander
726 posts

Re: Kratos Regular Sq Combo

Jan 31, 2013
if you're character has a counter, then use that. Otherwise, I dunno what to tell ya.

1/6/2013 - Defeated the #1 player in the World in a Ranked Match.

Currently maining: Parappa

Future mains: Zeus, Issac
Message 2 of 14 (203 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
194 posts

Jan 31, 2013
I know this doesn't help, but praying that SuperBot adds some mandatory recovery time to his square attacks is the only option I can think of... :smileysad:
Message 3 of 14 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2132 posts

Jan 31, 2013
It may not appear like it but Kratos is vulnerable for a small amount of time after he tries his square combo. You can either try grabbing him if you are close enough, or using some projectile. Most characters have either one of these and if not the rest should have a counter. Whenever fighting Kratos you have to use a mixed strategy of offensive and defensive techniques because his blades have so much range. It is slow but it is better than the alternative. The same applies for Raiden.
Message 4 of 14 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
350 posts

Jan 31, 2013

vizionary2012 wrote:
It may not appear like it but Kratos is vulnerable for a small amount of time after he tries his square combo. You can either try grabbing him if you are close enough, or using some projectile. Most characters have either one of these and if not the rest should have a counter. Whenever fighting Kratos you have to use a mixed strategy of offensive and defensive techniques because his blades have so much range. It is slow but it is better than the alternative. The same applies for Raiden.

i tried it .. as soon as he does his last hit i would try it.. he even stopped my super .. twice. i was  g cole

Message 5 of 14 (155 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1066 posts

Jan 31, 2013
I hate Kratos sq combo. It has absolutely no lag at all. >_>
all stars photo psasbr2_zpsc1059804.png

My raiden over all your mains.
#PSASBR2
Message 6 of 14 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
42 posts

Jan 31, 2013

Well it would be nice if you told us who you are playing as? Good cole, since thats your sig or....?

as a main drake

this is probably why you see drakes out there constantly using barrel and machine gun as it is pretty much the only (easy) counter he has against kratos spam. 

spike: try get distance and keep him there with bananarang rc car bananas etc

Message 7 of 14 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
350 posts

Jan 31, 2013

yea i was playing as g cole.. kratos was his main.. but he just spam regular sq combo until i make a move and then he will do a combo.. same combo that can KC into 2... even tho i lost by 1.. i felt i shudv won cuz that was really cheap. inescapable.. i dont have a counter so he wud just spam that no matter how long it took .. 

Message 8 of 14 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
298 posts

Jan 31, 2013

Jozai wrote:

yea i was playing as g cole.. kratos was his main.. but he just spam regular sq combo until i make a move and then he will do a combo.. same combo that can KC into 2... even tho i lost by 1.. i felt i shudv won cuz that was really cheap. inescapable.. i dont have a counter so he wud just spam that no matter how long it took .. 

There is a very small window, where you can punish a blocked square combo. If you don't want to rely on that just block the first two hits and then release block, the third hit will send you flying away. Then try to outzone him with cole, he has so much range and tools. If he's getting close and wants to spam again, try to jump above him and Up Circle him. Works great against most spammers.

The Jak Archives:
http://allstararena.com/threads/the-jak-archives.449/
Message 9 of 14 (126 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Jan 31, 2013
Gotta agree with DarkErazor , if your character can't do anything just let yourself get hit once and get da **bleep** outta there.
I use Heihachi , Donte , Sweet Tooth and Sackboy. Heihachi and Donte can counter it , Sweet Tooth and Sackboy have a way harder time against "the most OP **bleep** in this game" , aka Kratos.
At least Raiden has some kinda lag after his square combo..
Message 10 of 14 (124 Views)