Nov 21 2012
By: DDANK818 Lombax Warrior 105 posts

Kratos Needs a Nerf

15 replies 534 views Edited Nov 21, 2012
For a character with so many powerful moves and such a long reach, he gains far too much AP way too quickly. His combos can have reach and are really easy to pull off, then his lvl 3 super can get 6 kills in the right hands. Please nerf his AP gain, he's even a pain in arcade mode because of it.
Message 1 of 16 (534 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4813 posts

Re: Kratos Needs a Nerf

Nov 21, 2012
I don't think it's too bad, block his side square and he us open to almost any attack for a second

Message 2 of 16 (521 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

Nov 21, 2012
That attack may be easy, but he has everything going for him. A counter, a stun, long range, quick and easy combos, high AP gain, devastating lvl 3 super, shielded charge attacks.... Just buff his AP gain alittle bit... I be can pull off lvl 1 supers at a crazy pace, and he's most likely the first to get to lvl 3. Every game with Kratos in it pulls of his lvl 3 at least once so far.
Message 3 of 16 (466 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1789 posts

Nov 21, 2012

Just try to block his attacks and then counter. I have little trouble beating a Kratos player.

Also, his level 1 is one of the most expensive in the game to use. 

Message 4 of 16 (451 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
34 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 21, 2012

Seriously, before people start trying to nerf that guy, TRY BLOCKING!!!!

The ONLY thing that needs nerfing with him is his ability to turn around mid-string. However, even that can be mitigated if you wait until the last attack before you roll.

DO NOT EVER CHALLENGE HIM FROM THE AIR IF HE IS GROUNDED! Spam L1, then as soon as you hit the ground, block for christs sake. After you block, you punish.

His counter is only effective if your mashing buttons like an idiot.

His supers are pretty easy to dodge as well. If he has level 2 super, do w/e you can to NOT go above him.

Level 3 super is REALLY easy to dodge if you can get some distance and time the dodging.

He has no ability to zone, just mid range basic attacks that can be dodged and blocked.

If you think KrayKray is broke, I will simply believe you are not making it an effort to block!

Edit: The reason why you're getting lvl 3 so much is because no one else is blocking either.

Message 5 of 16 (442 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1540 posts

Nov 21, 2012
The tracking on his forward square is way too much it almost works vertically. They should make it only horizontal
Message 6 of 16 (406 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

Nov 21, 2012
There's nothing wrong with his moveset, I'm bothered that his AP gain per attack is above most characters. Especially for the reach that he has. Also about blocking, any good player will counter it with a grab, costing even more AP.
Message 7 of 16 (396 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1789 posts

Nov 21, 2012

feldspar831 wrote:
The tracking on his forward square is way too much it almost works vertically. They should make it only horizontal
I agree with this. The other guy made a good point, NEVER attack Kratos from above while he's grounded. Kratos has so many options when you do this (forward square, up square, up triangle, and basically any of his combos in the air).

Message 8 of 16 (391 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 21, 2012

it isn't that bad.

Kratos level 1 can be interrupted on startup and most of his normals leave him open if he misses or is blocked. He has a wide area of effect but up close he isn't as good as other characters in the cast. His forward square is pretty good though, powerful homing and short start-up.

Message 9 of 16 (376 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

Nov 21, 2012
Again, nothing wrong with his moveset, just his AP gain.
Message 10 of 16 (348 Views)
0 Likes