Oct 17 2012
By: IceColdKilla44 Gaming Beast 1776 posts

Kratos' Beta Changes (and potential glitches)

[ Edited ]
12 replies 575 views Edited Oct 21, 2012

Here's all the Kratos changes we've found so far.

1) This epic music from GoW3 starts playing once you activate his level 3 (start at around 0:27 in the video below). For anyone wondering, it's the part from GoW3 where the huge fire Titan comes up and you fight a ton of grunts and a centaur (it was from the E3 demo a couple years ago).

2) It seems that the level 3 lasts a little bit longer than it did before. Maybe it's just me, but that was the first time I'd used the Level 3 Super since the beta (which was a LOONG time ago), and I managed to get 7 kills with it quite easily.  It was pretty hard to get 7 back in the summer beta. This might make it a little OP.

3)Some of Kratos' controls got moved around a little bit:

Up + Circle = Wings

Down + Circle = Helios Head

Forward + Circle = Fire Bow

Neutral Circle = Golden Fleece (counter)

4) I'm having a little trouble with his Air Down + Triangle Though. Whenever I do the move with the analog stick it's fine, but when I try it with the D-pad, Kratos does the move but turns around first. Maybe this is just me (I'm playing on the Vita); I'll update if this keeps happening. 

UPDATE on this: Yeah, I turn around every single time I pressed down+Triangle with the D-pad. It could be that I just have a faulty d-pad (or a really big thumb), but I doubt it. I think it's really weird that this has happened every time. This is on the Vita, so I'll see if it does the same thing when I use it on PS3.

5) His Down and Triangle has a bit of a windup now in the air (it's a little slower).

6) Kratos Air Down + Square doesn't make you pause mid-air like it used to. Now you just continue to fall as you do the move.

7) Kratos' Air Forward + Triangle now has a knockback, so you get ejected once you're hit by it. So you can't combo directly into a Level 1 with this move anymore (thank goodness for that, there were tons of complaints about that in the summer beta).

8) Kratos' Down + Circle (helios head) now has knockback if you charge it up fully. Before, it just made the opponent fall to his knees.

9) Holding down Up+Square no longer makes you jump in addition to the upward slash. You have to jump manually now.

10) Kratos can now deflect projectiles in mid-air, including Radec's sniper! This is such a huge deal for me, because it made fighting Radecs with height advantage very difficult.

What else have you guys found?

Message 1 of 13 (575 Views)
Sackboy
595 posts

Re: Kratos' Level 3 = Even better than before!!!

Oct 17, 2012

I got six kills while playing as him. He and Sly cooper are my mains in this demo. So far I either get first or second with my homie kratos or with sly I get last or first ( I only played as him two times).

Solid Snake/ Big Boss for PSASBR

I make it rain with Kudos

Message 2 of 13 (534 Views)
Gaming Beast
1776 posts

Re: Kratos' Level 3 = Even better than before!!!

Oct 17, 2012

fontbonne wrote:

I got six kills while playing as him. He and Sly cooper are my mains in this demo. So far I either get first or second with my homie kratos or with sly I get last or first ( I only played as him two times).

Using just his Level 3?

I remember back in the summer beta, getting more than 6 kills was pretty much impossible. Your super didn't last long enough for you to kill characters after their second respawn.

Now I feel like I was given a lot of time, enough to maybe even get more than 7...

Message 3 of 13 (499 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
434 posts

Re: Kratos' Beta Changes (including Super Epic Level 3)

Oct 17, 2012
Kratos isn't your homie.
Message 4 of 13 (477 Views)
Sackboy
595 posts

Oct 17, 2012

RealVision116 wrote:
Kratos isn't your homie.

Its obviously a joke dude. Remove the stick from your rear and lighten up.

Solid Snake/ Big Boss for PSASBR

I make it rain with Kudos

Message 5 of 13 (464 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
434 posts

Oct 17, 2012
It's not a stick. It's a cowtale and I like it there. Feels pretty decent.
Message 6 of 13 (412 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
51 posts

Oct 17, 2012

his up+circle has always been the wings though...

-------------------------------------------------------
My plumbing is all screwed up. Because it turns out, I do not own a garbage disposal.
Message 7 of 13 (402 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1776 posts

Oct 17, 2012

Z112_23 wrote:

his up+circle has always been the wings though...

Yeah I should have been more specific about that. The other 3 moves have changed buttons

Message 8 of 13 (374 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1704 posts

Oct 17, 2012

As a only Kratos user for the most part, even i can agree his lvl 3 is a tad OP. I feel it should only last long enough to kill someone 2 time if you kill those people the second you used the super.

Message 9 of 13 (367 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1776 posts

Oct 19, 2012

One other thing I noticed is that Kratos' can deflect Radec's sniper now with the fleece. I don't think this was possible back in the summer beta.

This should help cut back on all the Radec spamming Smiley LOL

Message 10 of 13 (242 Views)
0 Likes