Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Re: KojiPro and Platinum comment on Raiden in PSASBR

Sep 14, 2012

The16thNinja wrote:

BreadAndToast wrote:
No that isn't right, just because there game makers doesn't mean they shouldn't be allowed to say there opinion, that's just the world we live in. Not everyone is going to like what someone does so why do we even care that platnum doesn't like all stars?

Well yes it sort of does mean they shouldn't say things like that because it's sort of a respect thing because when they talk like that it's like they think that they're above them and make better games then them, they're just acting egotistical and it's just a respect thing, Playstation and Xbox always are competing but they don't full out call them out on their problems.

I'm gonna agree with Ninja on this one.  You don't see Michael Bay insulting James Cameron's directing skills.  You don't see most respectable musicians throwing potshots at eachother's talent.  Besides, it's only really Platinum who has an issue with this game.  Platinum is developing Bayonetta 2 exclusively for Nintendo, by the way; I think that explains their complaints.

At least Platinum as a whole is more respectful than Kamiya.

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 11 of 23 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2571 posts

Sep 14, 2012

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

The16thNinja wrote:

BreadAndToast wrote:
No that isn't right, just because there game makers doesn't mean they shouldn't be allowed to say there opinion, that's just the world we live in. Not everyone is going to like what someone does so why do we even care that platnum doesn't like all stars?

Well yes it sort of does mean they shouldn't say things like that because it's sort of a respect thing because when they talk like that it's like they think that they're above them and make better games then them, they're just acting egotistical and it's just a respect thing, Playstation and Xbox always are competing but they don't full out call them out on their problems.

I'm gonna agree with Ninja on this one.  You don't see Michael Bay insulting James Cameron's directing skills.  You don't see most respectable musicians throwing potshots at eachother's talent.  Besides, it's only really Platinum who has an issue with this game.  Platinum is developing Bayonetta 2 exclusively for Nintendo, by the way; I think that explains their complaints.

At least Platinum as a whole is more respectful than Kamiya.

Why what did Kamiya say?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 12 of 23 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Sep 14, 2012
He was the one that called it a blatant rip-off and said something to the effect of "I don't like rip-offs" without explaining what was so bad about it.
ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 13 of 23 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
460 posts

Sep 14, 2012
You learn a lot about someone based on how they treat those they don't like. They've lost a lot of respect.
Message 14 of 23 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6400 posts

Sep 14, 2012
Satan Monica Studios XD
Message 15 of 23 (71 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1582 posts

Sep 14, 2012
Here's what I think for 3rd parties: if you don't like the game, take your character out.
Does this game need Raiden? I don't think so.
Message 16 of 23 (59 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2718 posts

Sep 14, 2012

DivinePaladin27 wrote:
He was the one that called it a blatant rip-off and said something to the effect of "I don't like rip-offs" without explaining what was so bad about it.

It was kamiya. from platinum games. he is not involved in metal gear rising.

and also, these comments aren't from kojima, so to me it means nothing..

ハマり度MAX!!
Message 17 of 23 (52 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
289 posts

Sep 14, 2012
Its official, Raiden is nothing but advertisement.
_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
Wassup?
Message 18 of 23 (50 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
460 posts

Sep 14, 2012
Regardless of who said it, basic understanding of how PR works would make it clear it makes your company look bad. You basically make it seem to the consumer (us gamers) that you just marketed your character out like a prostitute.

"That game is crap, I don't like it. But I totally wanna make money by putting my character in it." really speaks well for your company.

That said... It isn't Kojima making a comment or anyone that really matters to me... So I don't really care.
Message 19 of 23 (47 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1005 posts

Sep 15, 2012

Platinum games are the ones who said they have problems. Konami said they were disappointed in the leaks. Platinum can't do anything about it. Literally zero things.

It's highly unlikely Konami can just pull Raiden from the game. There must be something in a contract that prevents that. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Omar - "what are you guys doing? Why did you get rid of crash!"
Game devs - "we wanted to put in evil Cole so we had to get rid of everyone else the fans wanted"
Omar- "Oh nice, good idea. I didn't think of that"
Message 20 of 23 (45 Views)
0 Likes