Gaming Beast
2075 posts

Re: Kat....

[ Edited ]
Sep 24, 2012

i want crash, cloud, spyro, snake, and the king of all cosmos over kat.  all of them have just done so much more for the history of playstation.  it doesn't matter if they're 1st or 3rd party, as long as they made a huge impact on the playstation's history, then 3rd or just as important as 1st. or maybe even more

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 21 of 37 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Sep 24, 2012

Yes.

And this isn't just my bias for Kat.

Kat is just that good. She WILL be a part of Sony's history. She's just the newest addition. She has just as much of a right to be here as Kratos does. She has more of a right than Sora, Amaterasu, and Cloud combined.

Besides we already have a lot of sword users. I don't even 'remember' Tomba. Ico/Shadows of the Colossus was one of the best games of all time hands down so we're obviously expecting someone from either.

Big Boss/Snake? We already have RADEC for gun user.

You're saying Kat doesn't belong because she's new. That's ridiculous. Have you even played it? Its not just the best game on the Vita; its the most diverse and unique IP released this year. It renewed my faith in a previously horrible company. She's part of Sony's history now, denying that is ridiculous.

Message 22 of 37 (139 Views)
Wastelander
759 posts

Sep 24, 2012
Hey guys, first post here but I'll skip over the intro and hop right into the discussion.

Personally, I think Kat is a good rep and I would love to see her in the game. She has a pretty strong move base, and is quite unique. Regardless of how recent she is, she brings a lot to the table and as an aspiring game designer, I can see why they'd logically add her.

To be honest, all I really wanted was Wander (Dormin transformation for level 3!), and crash purely because he's supposed to be in, but I've been playing a bit of Gravity Rush lately to try to understand "Why Kat?" from a design stand point and she's perfect for the title. Just my 2 cents.

TL;DR: Kat may be new but as a character, you won't find many that fit this game better.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us--- The Colossal King
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us--- The Gravity Queen
Message 23 of 37 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
288 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 24, 2012

the idea that this game is not just suposed to represent the past and present but also the futer seem to be forgoten at times. sure kat is a new charecter but she has also proven to be one with great promise for a new sony system . people need to take into consideration that just cause u havent heard of her doesnt mean everyone is in the same boat i know in north america were a more console based gameing society in the hardcore but this isnt true around the world in japan handhelds are huge and thusly the money spent for charecter awareness for those system is much greater. another thing that should be taken into consideration is that charecters not only get in on thier history but thier potential to add to the game and weather or not the charecter resonates with the developer of the game. 

p.s. remember sony chose to fund the startup of an outside studio to make this game, meaning they had great faith in the vision the developers had for this game and that says alot.

Message 24 of 37 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2075 posts

Sep 24, 2012

MarrowOchi wrote:

Yes.

And this isn't just my bias for Kat.

Kat is just that good. She WILL be a part of Sony's history. She's just the newest addition. She has just as much of a right to be here as Kratos does. She has more of a right than Sora, Amaterasu, and Cloud combined.

Besides we already have a lot of sword users. I don't even 'remember' Tomba. Ico/Shadows of the Colossus was one of the best games of all time hands down so we're obviously expecting someone from either.

Big Boss/Snake? We already have RADEC for gun user.

You're saying Kat doesn't belong because she's new. That's ridiculous. Have you even played it? Its not just the best game on the Vita; its the most diverse and unique IP released this year. It renewed my faith in a previously horrible company. She's part of Sony's history now, denying that is ridiculous.

big boss/snake deserves to be in this no matter.  he's more of a knife fighter/CQC user than a gun user (don't let SSBB fool you) so he'd be a character based around grapples and throws which is something this game doesn't have yet.  he is considered to be one of the greatest video game characters ever in Japan.  i have no doubt that kat will go on to be something great.  so with that in mind, let her be in the sequel.  there are a lot of characters that have established themselves already though

Message 25 of 37 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
843 posts

Sep 24, 2012
I personally think she actually has more of a right to be in than Sora, and Cloud. She seems almost tied with Crash/Spyro to me. Just because she's newer doesn't mean she isn't one of the best (If not THE) reps for the Vita, and the sheer potential for her moveset justifies her. Who wouldn't want a character that can control gravity (So long as it is balanced)?

I'll be pretty sad if she isn't in. SB said that the game represents PlayStation's past, present, AND future, and Kat is definitely part of PlayStation's future. Gravity Rush probably led a lot of people to buy the Vita (I'm going to thanks to it and a few other games), and remains defining for it. I'd actually be mad at SB if Kat isn't at least DLC, because she deserves to be in this game.
Message 26 of 37 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Sep 24, 2012

Kat HAS established herself. Best game on the Vita and most interesting game this year, won a crapton of awards. If Kat doesn't get in it'd actually kind of be insulting.

Just because she's not a 10 year old Sony vet doesn't mean that she's not a Sony All-Star. In fact if you look at the development progress and how long the creator has had it in his head, she's easily PSX; he's been wanting to do it for a decade. Not to mention all of the extra funds Sony gave just to get a whole branch of a company that made it.

The problem here is diversity in movesets, though. I don't know if anyone noticed but we have a huge lack of flying-type characters. Kat would fill that gap 'so' hard. She also has a full moveset as explained by Gravity Rush itself. SHE HAS A BLACK HOLE MOVE. Tell me summoning a black hole would not be awesome for a super.

Message 27 of 37 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2075 posts

Sep 24, 2012

MarrowOchi wrote:

Kat HAS established herself. Best game on the Vita and most interesting game this year, won a crapton of awards. If Kat doesn't get in it'd actually kind of be insulting.

Just because she's not a 10 year old Sony vet doesn't mean that she's not a Sony All-Star. In fact if you look at the development progress and how long the creator has had it in his head, she's easily PSX; he's been wanting to do it for a decade. Not to mention all of the extra funds Sony gave just to get a whole branch of a company that made it.

The problem here is diversity in movesets, though. I don't know if anyone noticed but we have a huge lack of flying-type characters. Kat would fill that gap 'so' hard. She also has a full moveset as explained by Gravity Rush itself. SHE HAS A BLACK HOLE MOVE. Tell me summoning a black hole would not be awesome for a super.

they would have to completely change the controls of the game to make her fly.  if she got in, she would most likely just hover slightly above the ground

Message 28 of 37 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Sep 24, 2012

They already did for a few characters. Think of it like a hover-system double jump. Instead of the second jump someone could hold down the jump button to hover. It would work for her and keep the control system intact.

Message 29 of 37 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
843 posts

Sep 24, 2012
I think she shouldn't really fly. She should just have dropkicks/a lot of aerial moves, with her gravity powers making up her supers. I could come up with a moveset pretty easily.
Message 30 of 37 (72 Views)
0 Likes