Feb 15 2013
By: BlackIce64x First Son 20 posts

Kat's roll bug

5 replies 203 views Edited Feb 15, 2013

I had an issue with Kat's roll for a while, I always seemed to attack the wrong way, missing even Lv 1's often because she would just dash offscreen, away from enemies.

I noticed that, when rolling forward, tapping left and right functions as normal, she'd look in that direction.

Rolling backwards, however...

If you look right, tap left to roll backwards, then tap right, she'll look left (Instead of right).

If you look right, tap left to roll backwards, then tap left again during the roll she looks right. Then after the roll ended, she immediately blocks left.

Considering how many times this inconsistency messed with me, I really hope this will get fixed sometime (soon).

This is on the PS Vita version.. I don't know if this is an issue on the PS3?

This is my signature move.
Message 1 of 6 (203 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1785 posts

Re: Kat's roll bug

Feb 15, 2013
It's not Kat it's probably you're just holding forward when you doge roll, every character has this, it catches me off guard too because as often as I've been playing this game I'm still used to Smash Bros. where whenever you doge rolled your character always faced the opposite direction to before you rolled.
Message 2 of 6 (199 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 15, 2013

I've actually tried this with a number of characters. Kat's the only one with this bug. I've tested this in Practice mode, it's pretty obvious it's not working properly.

Emmett is working fine.

The roll is a pretty big thing, especially for combo characters like Kat and PaRappa. I've played PaRappa so much, the roll has become really important. I know how to use it.

Message 3 of 6 (196 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1087 posts

Feb 15, 2013
So I'm NOT the only one that's noticed this! My brother was playing against me the other day as Kat, and he kept complaining that he could never face the right way for Supers.

I kept trying to tell him that he could choose which way to face upon finishing the roll, but I tested it with Kat later on and lo and behold, she can't do it. I definitely don't think that was intentional.
Message 4 of 6 (162 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Feb 15, 2013
Considering she has the animation to face the right way (If you tap left twice, she somehow faces right, then left after the animation), I'm pretty sure it was intended to function as any other character.
Message 5 of 6 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Splicer
45 posts

Feb 15, 2013

This bug keeps happening to me whenever I'm using Kat too, it really needs to be fixed ASAP. Its stopped me from countering my opponent so many times because it faces me the wrong way.

Message 6 of 6 (154 Views)
0 Likes