Nov 27 2012
By: MarrowOchi Fender Bender 2516 posts

Kat and Emmett Rival Discussion Thread

57 replies 445 views Edited Nov 27, 2012

Obviously by now its apparent that, there will be four first DLC characters. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Kat and Emmett 'aren't rivals'.

This leads up to some possibility.

To keep this simple, don't just suggest someone like Crash and say 'lol becuz crash' (unless you're trolling in which case trololol), bring some actual intelligent thought in here.

Personally?

Kat's rival will either be King of the Cosmos from Katamari, or Lil and Laarg from Escape Plan. I'm actually hoping; no, expecting King of the Cosmos to be the DLC character, and have the Escape Plan be an entire stage mixed up with, say, Heksville.

For Emmett things get a bit crazy, but I'm going to assume either Joel from The Last Of Us, or that new kid from Beyond: Two Souls. I'd say Resistence's Nathan Hale but Resistence already has quite a lot in the game being the only non-character-represented thing with unlockables and items. (Buzz!, LocoRoco, and Patapon don't have anything.)

Message 1 of 58 (445 Views)
I Only Post Everything
854 posts

Re: Kat and Emmett Rival Discussion Thread

Nov 27, 2012

Did I miss something that hinted at a 4 release?

Anyway, I agree with Kat vs. the King. I'm not sure who I'd want paired with Emmett, I really don't have any other DLC desires in mind that aren't a cookie cutter Crash-like pick that would be a good fit for Emmett.

Message 2 of 58 (438 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
199 posts

Nov 27, 2012

I'm not familiar with any of the games you suggested as rivals for Kat, but Nathan Hale and Emmett Graves are perfect rivals. SuperBot would be silly not to take advantage of that.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Patches the Hyena (Dark/Demon's Souls) for All-Stars! His level three could have the player leave the match, enter a random match, and get one-hit-one-kill's on everybody! xD
Message 3 of 58 (430 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1517 posts

Nov 27, 2012
Hasn't Seth commented on King of the Cosmos several times now?

Message 4 of 58 (416 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Nov 27, 2012

ihatemath113 wrote:
Hasn't Seth commented on King of the Cosmos several times now?

He has. I think they kept him post-release so they could figure out how to fix some of his moveset. Considering he's like, 'the' best pick for Kat's rival (Gravity Queen vs King of the Cosmos, Dusty having a space-like texture), it'd make sense to pair him and add him with the new set.

Message 5 of 58 (409 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
42 posts

Nov 27, 2012

I agree with you Marrow, I believe that there will be two other characters released with Kat and Emmett. 

I have this strong feeling that Dart will be Emmett's rival. Every since Seth hinted that Emmett and Kat won't be rivals I have had this feeling that Dart will be Emmett's rival.

As for Kat's rival, i'm not sure. A Lil and Laarge would make great sense to have two Vita rivals.

Message 6 of 58 (403 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
670 posts

Nov 27, 2012

Emmett Graves vs Nathan Hale need to happen. If the King doesn't make it then Kat can rival with Ellen from Folklore. What I would love to see is Kat vs Kit from Blade Kitten. I think blade kitten need to be in this.

Message 7 of 58 (395 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Nov 27, 2012

This is not what i think emmits rival will be i just think it would be cool 

i think that emitt could rival sgt cortez from timesplitters

Message 8 of 58 (393 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1976 posts

Nov 27, 2012
^^they never said they were rivals but the problem is... that means there are FOUR characterless not 2.. and there are 2..
Message 9 of 58 (382 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Nov 27, 2012

frogmanlego wrote:
^^they never said they were rivals but the problem is... that means there are FOUR characterless not 2.. and there are 2..

Two that we know of. Do the math:

2 characters that are not rivals

+ both characters have to have rival scenes for Arcade Mode upon their release

= ?

Message 10 of 58 (380 Views)
0 Likes