Sackboy
489 posts

Re: Kat & Emmet Not Rivals ?

Nov 15, 2012

From what I've been seeing is that: 

1. We have at least one more pair of DLC characters announced--launching beside Kat & Emmet for free. 

2. If the interest is still there I could see possibly one more pair of [paid] DLC characters. 

3. They will most likely have at least one, maybe two, free stages for DLC. Like before, if it's still in high-demand then there will possibly be another map or two--this time paid. 

Superbot's making sure that they can pack as much content into this game already, and then continue to support it not only through tournements and events but through additional content. They're fast on track to being one of the openly agressive positve developers out their. 

Message 21 of 49 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Nov 15, 2012
Oh I actually missed that part - '...more DLC news coming soon.'
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 22 of 49 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
497 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 15, 2012

After reading these forums and comments along with the PS blog.

I think its pretty safe to say there will be another pack of two characters that will go along with Kat and Emmett which will be rivals with one another

Also I am going to put my money on them making the official announcement during the VGAs in December. Seems like the perfect time to, its a little after the game has launched and its during one of the biggest televised gaming events. And the DLC will most likely be released during the Japanese release on Jan 31st. That allows them to say "next month even more All-Stars join the battle royale". It sounds perfect from a marketing standpoint.

I wouldnt be surprised if (and I hope) we go Kat's, Emmett's and the other two's official trailers during the VGAs

photo Deadpool_zpsa17e78d8.gif
Message 23 of 49 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Nov 15, 2012
I'm looking forward to hearing more news regarding this. If what we think does turn out to be true, what other two characters do you suppose will make the cut ?
Message 24 of 49 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
497 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 15, 2012

I'm looking forward to hearing more news regarding this. If what we think does turn out to be true, what other two characters do you suppose will make the cut ?

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Without going overboard with 3rd party characters. It's hard to say. They have covered pretty much every living 1st party IP

So that's what will be exciting about the next batch. They have covered almost every 1st party IP characters that could be a plausible fighter. So its more than likely hopefully going to be some 3rd party. Or some presumed dead IP brought back like PaRappa and Sir Dan.

Either way, I'm sure the next batch will be a shock and joy to us all

photo Deadpool_zpsa17e78d8.gif
Message 25 of 49 (115 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1001 posts

Nov 15, 2012

pedro702 wrote:

well lets say the game gone glod afew weeks ago and the chars will be released early january still it takes them like 2 months to do 2 chars  so i doubt we will be getting more than 4 chars in all since they should be working on another game from 4 months from now, most games except LBP get dlcs for like 2*3 months max and then die  so i predict we will be getting 4 chars max maybe afew stages

Its more likely to launch to coincide with the Japanese release date (Jan 31st), that gives them considerably more time. In fact, given how polished they should be at putting characters together, they should be able to get 4 done by then, no?

Message 26 of 49 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Nov 15, 2012
All my guesses are third party lol. I think after these two, there will only be one more if any - 26 sounds like just about the right number post DLC.
Message 27 of 49 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
489 posts

Nov 15, 2012

In order of likeliest to least likely: 

Choose One: a Resistance Rep; Tomba;  Oddworld Abe

Choose One: Old Snake; an Assassin's Creed Assassin; Crash Bandicoot; Sypro the Dragon

Message 28 of 49 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Nov 15, 2012
In my opinion:

Possible rival for Emmet: AC Rep/Resistance Rep/Abe

Possible rival for Kat: Snake/Crash/Cloud
Message 29 of 49 (92 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1001 posts

Nov 15, 2012

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:

Pick at least one character that is more wanted than Kat and they'll have a shot. They'll want to make the bigger of the two announcements at something like the VGAs, I'd imagine.

Message 30 of 49 (91 Views)
0 Likes