Mar 07 2013
By: FaunKeH_5 Sackboy 526 posts

KRATOS needs a BUFF!!

16 replies 604 views Edited Mar 7, 2013

Ok so I have a level 999 Kratos, and although my title looks like I'm trolling, hear me out...

So when I first played Kratos online from about level 1-200, I was a square spamming, ap grinding player. Playing as Kratos began to get pretty boring and the kills/wins weren't as satisfying as they could be. So I decided to learn his whole moveset.

Since then, I started veering away from mashing square moves and gradually incorporated many other moves into my playstyle.

Unfortunately, although his other moves make him a tactical powerhouse in 1v1, ranked online matches don't give him much chance to gain AP through his non square moves.

My idea to make everyone happy and stop complaining about Kratos being OP is to NERF his square moves, because yes, they gain AP way to fast, but to make his character move balanced and have people move inclined to use his other moves, his non square moves should get a BUFF.

I hate the idea that as a L999 Kratos now, I can 99% of the time win using spam square moves, or it makes it extremely difficult if I limit myself to not using square moves.

tl;dr: kratos nerf square, buff other moves

Click the picture for my Tombi Blueprint Thread!! Smiley Happy

HTML tutorial

Message 1 of 17 (604 Views)
Wastelander
616 posts

Re: KRATOS needs a BUFF!!

Mar 7, 2013
His other moves are good enough as is.
Message 2 of 17 (594 Views)
Sackboy
526 posts

Mar 7, 2013
i find them slow, bad ap, laggy and easily punishable.
compared to his square moves theyre very weak

HTML tutorial

Message 3 of 17 (593 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
616 posts

Mar 7, 2013
Because his square moves are broken.

His other moves are good and pretty balanced and you can ACTUALLY BE PUNISHED for using them like it SHOULD be.

All he needs is his square moves largely nerfed in the recovery time/speed and nerf his aerial down square. Then he'll be pretty balanced as he will actually be punishable. It would also be a great idea to not allow him to cancel into other attacks while attacking a blocking enemy like how Dante is.
Message 4 of 17 (588 Views)
Sackboy
526 posts

Mar 7, 2013
thinking about it more his other moves arent bad, im just thinking when we see a square nerf, he needs to be buffed somewhere else imo

HTML tutorial

Message 5 of 17 (581 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
503 posts

Mar 7, 2013
His counter is broken. Fix it
Message 6 of 17 (575 Views)
Wastelander
768 posts

Mar 7, 2013

before chars like kratos get any sort of buff just think about all low tier chars first srs look at radec he has no KC and all his close range moves  either suck or are slow as hell and he cant even hit sly if he is on the barrel, radec is the one that needs some square moves buff big time, then other chars like spike wich have some solid ap gain and moves has crappy supers wich is the only reason he is low tier, same for sir dan and such theres tons of chars that need a buff way before any kratos gets a buff

Message 7 of 17 (563 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3580 posts

Mar 7, 2013

>Kratos

>Buff

Message 8 of 17 (489 Views)
Lombax Warrior
168 posts

Mar 7, 2013
I do agree his square attacks needs some nerfing, but his other moves are fine.

I would say he needs a pause in between his neutral square attacks, so there is room for punishment.
Message 9 of 17 (465 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
827 posts

Mar 7, 2013

Make his grapple escapable and you fixed kratos done deal.

Message 10 of 17 (440 Views)
0 Likes