Jul 08 2013
By: Fat_Slapper I Only Post Everything 1025 posts

Just some thoughts..

2 replies 137 views Edited Jul 8, 2013
It's pretty safe to say this game is growing into a cult hit and it's still pretty up in the air the fate of this game.

It seems we have people wanting to push out dart and Abe ( which is cool), those who want balance and bug fixes, those who are content with how the game is, people who come to trash it, troll, whatever.

So much speculations as to what happened, what could have been, only sold a million copies, why are there no updates, I this game not getting future dlc or what? Oh those 3rd party costumes we've been waiting on?

I get the whole transition between teams, reverse engineering, not keeping promises they can't keep but come on. It's clear we are all somewhat upset about this and in ways are coming together, which is about time. But here's where I'm getting at..

Obviously they are being hush hush about the whole dart thing which is understandable.. But I think we should focus on finding a common ground to talk about. It's been months since SBs baby was handed over to SSM, how is there still no "update at this time, but we hear you"?

If you ask me, If Sony is so worried about the sales of their games they should really actually be "listening to us" by communicating with us periodically. Instead it's all can't talk about our game with you and future plans, contract BS y know? Oh those balance patches you want? They cost 50,000 dollars and take up to two weeks to get certified. That's the problem, no doubt SB and SSM want to keep us pleased, it's their job they are nothing without us gamers but it's sooo much muneyy!!! Sounds like a money hungry move, please, someone from Sony explain these patch prices to us.

Sorry for my rant, I had some time to kill before work. Homies help homies.
Message 1 of 3 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3607 posts

Re: Just some thoughts..

Jul 8, 2013
Indeed.
Message 2 of 3 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2538 posts

Re: Just some thoughts..

Jul 9, 2013
I look at the writing on the wall and realize that this game was a test to feel the market out. Low budget, almost no marketing (pretty expensive to advertise for a game you aren't even sure is going to be worthwhile), brand new publisher (SuperBot still did good). "Let's see if we can make a game that people will see as an icon, but we can't risk too much on it."

What we have though is a game that will last. There might not be any more DLC coming, but there are also no servers that can get shut down. My understanding is that as long as there are 4 people in the world who want to play at the same time, they can play online. Things like that are what make games a cult classic
Message 3 of 3 (90 Views)
0 Likes