Nov 29 2012
By: TheGoldenMonky5 Hekseville Citizen 343 posts

Just don't understand how people have online problems...

8 replies 162 views Edited Nov 29, 2012

I've had this game since day 1 and I have not encountred any problems with the online multiplayer... other than Sackboy being a jerk.

Message 1 of 9 (162 Views)
Splicer
54 posts

Re: Just don't understand how people have online problems...

Nov 29, 2012
I'm jealous. How many online games have you played, how often do you play? I've had plenty of online games since my playstation 2, and I must say this has probably been the buggiest game online I've ever personally encountered. Some days I'm fine, other times I get bugs every other game.
Message 2 of 9 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1807 posts

Nov 29, 2012
I feel the same way, OP. I actually don't have the game yet but everyone was complaining about the bugs and glitches in the beta too, but I hardly ever experienced them. I honestly think it has something to do with individual online connection, even though people refuse to believe it. I'm hardwired into my dorm's internet and have an infinitely better connection here than I do at home, leading to virtually no problems with the PSASBR beta. I'm assuming my lack of online issues will carry over into the full game when I get it soon
Message 3 of 9 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
268 posts

Nov 29, 2012
I haven't had really any problems, I've only had 4 games being bugged out of 40+ games i have played so far. Nothing really big, just delayed spawns, so I am satisfied with the online at the moment.
Message 4 of 9 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
68 posts

Nov 29, 2012
played day 1, connected to games almost instantly, some were pretty laggy with people disappearing etc, but most were perfect. Same thing day 2. Day 3 and 4, much slower finding people, games almost always laggy with someone almost always dropping out. After a couple of days break, come back today, takes 5 minutes to find a game, generally no lag. But it's far too long... Not really impressed at all.
So yes, there are people out there with problems. The game's MP is not perfect at all.
Message 5 of 9 (116 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
977 posts

Nov 29, 2012
5 minutes to find a game. I wouldn't be able to deal with that.
Message 6 of 9 (100 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Nov 29, 2012

The online actually has some really good admirable features. I have a really slow internet connection but the online games are usually perfectly smooth and lag free. Another great trait of the online is how fast you are connected to opponents. I've played a few other fighting games online and the coding for those games is terrible e.g. UMVC3, MK9, SFXT.

On the other hand...

I have never experienced this many glitches exclusive to the online features of a video game. UMVC3 has terrible, horrid connectivity online. There is so much lag that some combos are utterly impossible, but when I play UMVC3 online there are no glitches. My opponents will never teleport around due to connectivity issues. My character will never have infinite invicnibility / invisibility frames during a match. And finally my rank will change slowly over a number of matches instead of drastically over the course of one match.

TLDR: There are many things wrong with this game but let's not forget that PSASBR is smooth as **bleep** online.

Message 7 of 9 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2443 posts

Nov 29, 2012
it's been taking me and my friend forever to find a game so we just gave up. Just recently upgraded my internet tooSmiley Sad.
Message 8 of 9 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Sackboy
410 posts

Nov 29, 2012

In my findings, I have found that sometimes when I start plying online i will get a few conection problems here and there but after 3 or 4 games I have no problems what so ever.Its almost as if it acts like your warming it up a little..Havent got anough probs to get me compaining to superbot about it though..

Message 9 of 9 (65 Views)
0 Likes