May 18 2013
By: Breaker_Ki Sackboy 528 posts

Jump Jump Jump...

20 replies 375 views Edited May 18, 2013
Jump spam is then only thing that annoys me to no end in this game. Sometimes it feels like I'm not playing a fighter, but rather whack a mole.

Its extremely safe to jump spam and there are more safe air moves than there.are.ground moves. Not to mention that most supers have limited range above ground AND basically all kcs require your opponent to be on the ground.

I would really like to see either

A) grabs work on airborne targets
B) increase the number of frames a player is considered on the ground for throws only

That or give incentive for playing on the ground.

Message 1 of 21 (375 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
528 posts

Re: Jump Jump Jump...

May 18, 2013
Oh and option C would be to male it so recovery frames transfer from air to ground. Air ground resets are just silly since they promote jump spam
Message 2 of 21 (370 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1704 posts

May 18, 2013

Grabbing is already broken as it is... why make it worse?

Message 3 of 21 (329 Views)
Survivor
2138 posts

May 18, 2013
Grab air born targets? So basically anyone up close can't escape being grabbed then.

Since grab negates roll.
Grab negates block
grab negates roll backwards.

In order to fight jumps you have to know your options. Honestly most people are oblivious to tech chasing in this game so a good option for any character that likes to jump a lot is to hard knock down and punish with a super on get up. Most characters have supers that can punish jumps on get up...Both Coles. Sweet Tooth, FP, Kat, Parappa the list goes on.etc etc and as for those that don't they have hard knock down moves or supers that can attack air borne targets. Sir Dan, etc.

So much can be done if you know exactly what your opponent will do from either get up or as an evasion tactic and being a creature of habit does not pay any sort of dividends in this game. It's all about knowing your options, conditioning your opponent and good old fashioned hard reads. If your opponent keeps jumping keep knocking them down...sooner or later they are either going to block or roll upon get up and both options are punishable by either grab to AP burst, AP burst or raw super.

Trust me if whomever you are facing is doing the same thing over and over as an evasion tactic...it should only be a matter of time before it means a kill for you. It's all about knowing your options.
Message 4 of 21 (320 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
400 posts

May 18, 2013
^ Let. Him. Know.

Tekken BF

Message 5 of 21 (310 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
156 posts

May 18, 2013
Message 6 of 21 (296 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
949 posts

May 18, 2013

Everyone jumps all the time because it is impossible to fight on the ground 1v1 with any combo of characters in this game. This game is that broken

Omar - "what are you guys doing? Why did you get rid of crash!"
Game devs - "we wanted to put in evil Cole so we had to get rid of everyone else the fans wanted"
Omar- "Oh nice, good idea. I didn't think of that"
Message 7 of 21 (261 Views)
Last Guardian
9963 posts

May 18, 2013
We're complaining about jumping now? I suppose there's block spam too right?
 photo Hammer Girl_zpsnrg29qur.jpg
Message 8 of 21 (255 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2238 posts

May 18, 2013

Please tell me you're joking. Seriously, now we're complaining about jumping? What's next? "OMG, I hate whenever people spam running! They should make it to where you can only run for a limited amount of time! That would make this game so much better!"

I don't even know what to say anymore...

R.I.P. PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale

Message 9 of 21 (232 Views)
Survivor
2413 posts

May 18, 2013

Stop blaming the characters! It's hard to stand still on that cold floor, you know .-.

[especially with poor Heihachi xD]

= = Every day is Kill la Kill day!! = =
Message 10 of 21 (228 Views)