Dec 08 2012
By: BreadAndToast I Only Post Everything 898 posts

Journey character?

12 replies 257 views Edited Dec 8, 2012
Since the first days ive been on the fourm I've always supported a journey rep, some people like the idea others don't but I think it's a great psn rep (only other one is FP) and also can be a very unique character, I'm all for it anyone else with me?
Message 1 of 13 (257 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
187 posts

Re: Journey character?

Dec 8, 2012
No. The whole point of the Journey travelers is that they're peaceful, and trying to atone for their past. Why would it be a fighter? Hell all you could do in their game is jump/float and call others.
Message 2 of 13 (245 Views)
I Only Post Everything
898 posts

Dec 8, 2012
What do you do in Parappa the rapper? Rap? They could make a great moveset with him and all the parts of his game
Message 3 of 13 (230 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2457 posts

Dec 8, 2012
a journey level would be cool
Message 4 of 13 (225 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
187 posts

Dec 8, 2012
He has karate lessons though, and in 2 his bonus minigames have him testing his reflexes in chopping and whatnot.
Message 5 of 13 (223 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1266 posts

Dec 8, 2012

Journey travler as a fighter, nah. Journey stage, Yes. I can say the same for Heavy Rain. People who are requesting good game reps with very poor combat are ridiculous, but the game for stages has my full support.

photo Vigor_murder_of_crows_zps5759709e.gif
Message 6 of 13 (203 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
325 posts

Dec 8, 2012
I think if Journey wins the grammy, it'll have some All-Stars representation. Whether it be a mash in a stage, or the Journeyman himself.
Message 7 of 13 (197 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 16, 2013

Well I personally would like to have him in, I know it makes absolutely no sense but hey it would still be cool. I have thought of a rudimentary move set aswell.

Square: Set of kicks

Square Right/Left: Head first twirl fowards (he does this sometimes when flying in Journey) 

Square Down: Not sure

Square Up: Scarf boost upwards

Triangle: A school of cloth fish swarm around him.

Triangle Right/Left: Cloth Dolphin surges forward

Triangle Up: Cloth Jellyfish rises from the ground, Traveler can use as platform

Triangle Down: Cloth Dolphin surges downwards

Circle (does not change when pointing in diferent direnctions, can be used while moving): Traveler does the call/chirp pushing players back, can be charged, depending on amount charged will give more or less AP and push players more or less away.

Cross: Will function like the scarf in Journey instead of having a jump, charges back up when hitting the ground like the white robe scarf.

Super 1: Calls down a glowing symbol to crash in front of Traveler. (Happens at some point in Journey) 

Super 2: Cloth whale will hover across the ground, similar to Cole's level 2 super. 

Super 3: A guardian will hover closely to Traveler and defend him. (The robotic snake things)

Hopefully all that made sense.

Message 8 of 13 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
186 posts

Feb 15, 2013

I would love to be able to play as the journey traveler!

His moveset would most likely be very similar to Kat's. Most of his attacks would be kicks, and his ability to fly.

But even just a stage would be awesome!

Mix the Uncharted 3 desert, where the plane crash is, with one or two Journey travelers wandering around it.

Photobucket
Message 9 of 13 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
846 posts

Feb 15, 2013

The Journey guy doesn't even have arms. No way it could be a character.

But a stage would be amazing. Journey is probably the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.

Message 10 of 13 (111 Views)
0 Likes