Survivor
2547 posts

Re: Journey (The Traveler) Character Complete

Mar 3, 2013
Initially I didn't not the Journeyer/Traveler in a fighting game but seeing as he doesn't do any of the attacking himself I'm all for it!
 photo IMG_0586_zps94omlljp.jpg
Message 51 of 86 (124 Views)
Lombax Warrior
197 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 3, 2013

DarthDanMan wrote:
Initially I didn't not the Journeyer/Traveler in a fighting game but seeing as he doesn't do any of the attacking himself I'm all for it!

YEAH! See many people autmatically say "Traveler in a fighter!? FOUL!" But i show it's possible without compromising character ^_^

again for anyone who wants to support this thread

copy and paste this into your signature and remove the @

<@center><a href="@http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayS@tation-All-Stars-Battle/Journey-The-Traveler-@Character-Complete/m-p/39654455#U39654455"><@b>Support Journey (Traveler) Moveset <@/b></a><@/center>

Message 52 of 86 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
69 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 3, 2013

Laarg is just a big friendly black creature. If you don't know much about the game it is about him and Lil trying to escape from the evil Bakuki's lair because he wants to recycle them into minions. At the end of the game a rocket is used to eventually escape so basically they end up in Allstars simply because that is where the rocket ended up.

I think He should be sort of a double charcter with Lil. He would play like Big daddy as a heavy bruiser character. I think his square attaccks would be him doing slams, His triangle attacks being Lil attacking in various ways ( doing a coffee dash forwards, floating upwards in a bubble, popping, pulling a lever), and his circle attack could be various hazards from the game( Electrode shocking people, a bumper coming from the background to bash people, a pipe spews gas that hangs around for a second or two, a minon shoots a dart forward.

His supers could be level one a swipe motion going diagnolly in front as if someone touched the screen in escape plan, level 2 could create a fan hazard on top of him and staying there for a couple seconds, and level 3 could be a cut scene where it shows lil pull a lever and it shows sheep begin to be spat out of pipes onto conveyer belts and it causes sheep to start randomly start falling from the top of the screen killing people who hit them and when the hit the ground they pop killing people in a small area around them.

They both already have a bunch of matching outfits so that would't be a problem. Also the counters on their chest would match how many times they have died 

ive thought about this several times before

Message 53 of 86 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
197 posts

Mar 3, 2013

Gnick4 wrote:
Laarg is just a big friendly black creature. If you don't know much about the game it is about him and Lil trying to escape from the evil Bakuki's lair because he wants to recycle them into minions. At the end of the game a rocket is used to eventually escape so basically they end up in Allstars simply because that is where the rocket ended up.

I think He should be sort of a double charcter with Lil. He would play like Big daddy as a heavy bruiser character. I think his square attaccks would be him doing slams, His triangle attacks being Lil attacking in various ways ( doing a coffee dash forwards, floating upwards in a bubble, popping, pulling a lever), and his circle attack could be various hazards from the game( Electrode shocking people, a bumper coming from the background to bash people, a pipe spews gas that hangs around for a second or two, a minon shoots a dart forward.

His supers could be level one a swipe motion going diagnolly in front as if someone touched the screen in escape plan, level 2 could create a fan hazard on top of him and staying there for a couple seconds, and level 3 could be a cut scene where it shows lil pull a lever and it shows sheep begin to be spat out of pipes onto conveyer belts and it causes sheep to start randomly start falling from the top of the screen killing people who hit them and when the hit the ground they pop killing people in a small area around them.

They both already have a bunch of matching outfits so that would't be a problem. Also the counters on their chest would match how many times they have died

Does he talk?

Message 54 of 86 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
69 posts

Mar 3, 2013
No just makes friendly sounding noises thats another reason i though he would be a good rival.
Message 55 of 86 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1577 posts

Mar 3, 2013

AngelGozen wrote:

DarthDanMan wrote:

YEAH! See many people autmatically say "Traveler in a fighter!? FOUL!" But i show it's possible without compromising character ^_^

again for anyone who wants to support this thread

copy and paste this into your signature and remove the @

<@center><a href="@http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayS@tation-All-Stars-Battle/Journey-The-Traveler-@Character-Complete/m-p/39654455#U39654455"><@b>Support Journey (Traveler) Moveset <@/b></a><@/center>

Again Fat Princess wasn't exactly a fighter either.

Click click click click click click click click................... I need to get off the forums.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Signature created by GFXNinja/CyborgHippo
Message 56 of 86 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
69 posts

Mar 3, 2013
One of the main reasons i support this besides the fact that it is incredibly well thought out is because it isn't a character someone would pick to be in a fighting game

ALso AngelGozen this should give you the overall idea/mood of escape plan and Lil and Laarg http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=de7kXtE9OzA
Message 57 of 86 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
197 posts

Mar 3, 2013

Gnick4 wrote:
One of the main reasons i support this besides the fact that it is incredibly well thought out is because it isn't a character someone would pick to be in a fighting game

ALso AngelGozen this should give you the overall idea/mood of escape plan and Lil and Laarg http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=de7kXtE9OzA

okay i know how it will go, i might have to create the moveset for Laarg if i was to present it to SSM again. It's doable, will need sometime unless somebodyelse plans to pick up that torch

Message 58 of 86 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
69 posts

Mar 3, 2013
I might do it but it won't be anytime soon. In fact before i attempt to make it i think i should go play back through a good portion of the game again
Message 59 of 86 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
197 posts

Mar 3, 2013

Gnick4 wrote:
I might do it but it won't be anytime soon. In fact before i attempt to make it i think i should go play back through a good portion of the game again

Thats what i did with Journey, but Journey is just a 3 hour game so i think mine was easier XD although it took a very painfull night of no sleep to get all the specs i did

Message 60 of 86 (63 Views)
0 Likes