Highlighted
Jun 10 2012
By: MrEpic1 Uncharted Territory 1724 posts

John Marston in Playstation All-stars Battle Royale.

9 replies 533 views Edited Jun 10, 2012

There is no reason to object, if you own Red Dead Redemption you would know that John can fight, like I said before hes a mix between Radec and Drake, he can shoot and he has agility. He would fit well into this game. I see him using a bowie knife as a melee doing a combo ending in him smacking a firebottle over the victims head, then  for ranged I see him using his beloved sawed of shotgun blowing them away (or a pistol). For his first special move he pulls out the blunderbus dealing a fair amount of damage, second being him pulling out tomahawks (7?) and throwing them at victims, deals a strong amount of damage. The third being him whistle his horse in lassoing the nearest player by the feet then spanking the horse having it run out  then entering the arena through the other side and while the horse is running near John he pulls out a tomahawk cutting the lasso connecting the victim and while the victims to hurt to get up he pulls out a pistol finishing the kill.

Give more ideas and a input, we need John in this game,

like I said before, the truest western badass.

Photobucket
Message 1 of 10 (533 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
420 posts

Re: John Marston in Playstation All-stars Battle Royale.

Jun 10, 2012

We don't know for sure if there is a limit on 3rd party characters yet. But also he would definitely be a ranged character like radec but no so much drake in my opinion. By already having a ranged character with guns and gernades ect with radec, Gameplay wise he would be redundent.

SPOILER

Btw John marston was cool and all, and the ending to red dead made me actually sad but I'm not seeing a role he can really fulfil.

SPOILERS END

Though you can just forget the 2nd part of my arguement about his playstyle and gameplay role wise if they don't take that into account, I guess there is some games out there that don't worry to much about that sort of thing. But current day they tend to really take that into account with characters having gameplay roles and not trying to have multiples of them in fighting games.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I was faithful to Radec from the beginning!! How many others can say the same?!"
Message 2 of 10 (533 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
110 posts

Aug 1, 2012
Really? I would've figured his
Level 3 would be to tag people with deadeye.

I would love to see a Rockstar presence in this game. And Bethesda, but I don't think their chances are too good just yet.
Message 3 of 10 (498 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4813 posts

Aug 1, 2012
I just don't think Marston would be a very interesting character, no matter how much I love red dead

Message 4 of 10 (487 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2388 posts

Aug 1, 2012
def dont want him in this.
Message 5 of 10 (481 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1307 posts

Aug 1, 2012
he only has one game? nah
DC Universe and Playstation Home
Message 6 of 10 (474 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2383 posts

Aug 1, 2012

Monkey D. Luffy (one piece) "I'm the man who's going to be the Pirate King!"
Guts (berserk) " I've never expected a miracle. I will get things done myself. "
Message 7 of 10 (470 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 18, 2012
I would like him to be in the game since many of the characters are from games I didn't play. I hate though the topic paragraph didn't really give him a good view. Besides that, I was thinking Gatling gun shooting in a direction and distance (like sly's buddy charging) be his first special, a stampede of cattle/bulls or a runaway stagecoach running across the map killing anyone who doesn't manage to jump in time (or John riding his horse like parrapa's skateboard special) , and finally John Marston getting on a cannon in close background (like Radec's 3 special view) and shooting it at the players.
Message 8 of 10 (397 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
373 posts

Nov 18, 2012

I do love Red Dead Redemption... But in all honesty if John Marston was in THIS game, he would be the least interesting character for me. I can't really think of anything that would set his moveset apart. Gattling Gun for Level 3, we already have so many characters that pan out for full screen usage in their Level 3's.

Maybe a Level 3 uses his Dead Eye and can target people while still on the battlefield? Anything besides the Gattling Gun, I just find that a boring super. :T

Message 9 of 10 (361 Views)
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Nov 18, 2012

Screw that. Give us Red Harlow.

Message 10 of 10 (358 Views)
0 Likes