Nov 28 2012
By: Myztyrio Wastelander 818 posts

Jak tips/strategy?

21 replies 712 views Edited Nov 28, 2012
I've decieded that I really like the way Jak plays. I would main him... If only I could just not suck with him.

What I've been doing primarily is forward triangle at mid-range to rack ap. Pop out circle whenever available. Charge down circle when falling to zone. When I see someone approach use forward circle and follow up with a hoverboard. Whenever touching use spin toward them.

So essentially I end up playing keep away, like I do with Radec. He doesn't stand a chance otherwise, with all his moves having some of the lowest priority.

Does anyone have suggestions as to how I can rack ap any faster? Which supers to use, etc? I usually can't even make it to level 3 in 3 mins using these tactics, so I end up with just a kill or two from a 2, and then maybe one more from a 1. Is he just doomed til they buff him?
Message 1 of 22 (712 Views)
First Son
27 posts

Re: Jak tips/strategy?

Nov 28, 2012
Hes easy to use, but some of his attacks should be buffed in range (but if happened he would be op TRUST ME)

Use his purple up attack when ever enemies are diagonal and follow up with blue lines and rinse and repeat)

His red ultimate burst allows for an excellent combo when you link it with either punch to gut attack or blue lines and then purple up attack)

When successfully blocking attack follow up with "spin dexter and you" then put that orb in sky and let it do it's thing and start shooting yellow Eco forward

When enemy is closing in press down and square to do jak bounce and if the dodge it just press square again

When in face or on side while in mid air do his board attack to send them flying

If closing in with no other option just triangle

There's more but I got bored
Message 2 of 22 (706 Views)
Wastelander
768 posts

Nov 28, 2012

this is true he has a pretty beasty jak... Its not easy to fight unless you know how to control the air... Which is unique to fighting Jak

YT: DatTeamAxcel for all my latest PSAS related content. I upload everything FFAs 2v2 1v1, Combo & How to Videos, and Player and character breakdowns.
Message 3 of 22 (697 Views)
Lombax Warrior
114 posts

Nov 28, 2012

Well, as BlueDiamonds says, "He is a patient fighter" so i mean its basically placement that makes you use all of his moves effectively. He is very different from the cast and takes a good bit of time to learn. Ive spent the past few days in stock FFA Quick matches practicing on getting my ap up and such and am currently doing time quick match. Once i feel comfortable with him im gonna go back in and try my hand at rank with him instead of going Sly all day haha. i end up short hopping into hover board for approach and such but if you pay attention to people who like to jump a lot, your up triangle can do wonders in the right position. practice that lvl 1 as well. You have to actually predict with his 1 and 2. they arent like everyone else. the lvl 1 has a pretty narrow hitbox but you can attempt to bait people in it. Nimble charcters and people with Parries/Counters (raiden, sly, kratos, etc) tend to be a hassle. Spammers also kinda hurt your game too but as you play you learn to adapt. All in all him being buffed would really help his game A LOT. 

Hope i was minorly helpful in this post.

Photobucket
Message 4 of 22 (692 Views)
First Son
27 posts

Nov 28, 2012
Yo thanks that really means a lot to my gaming's self esteem. I really can't wait to fight you tomorrow just to prove to you how good i am, all trolling aside
Message 5 of 22 (693 Views)
First Son
27 posts

Nov 28, 2012
Sati brought up so good points

If your fighting a combo character stay on your toes and counter them before they can get ahold of you. Just hop and use your gyro blaster to get them on the ground. Always set up neutral circle when possible and use over triangle always when possible. Hes a tactical character but can be good at up close action if used correctly
Message 6 of 22 (689 Views)
Highlighted
Splicer
45 posts

Nov 28, 2012

jak is a hit n run character plain and simple. he is good at getting in quickly and then sneding them off in the distance, or getting some space between them. no one can match his speed. 

Message 7 of 22 (678 Views)
Lombax Warrior
233 posts

Nov 28, 2012
His level 1 is really good I dont know what peoples deal but it can be used in sticky situations and such.
Message 8 of 22 (675 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7051 posts

Nov 28, 2012

Jak is not the fastest character in the game. He's good in the air but hes not that fast.

photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 9 of 22 (640 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1976 posts

Nov 28, 2012
^ he is one of the fastest.. Ik his strengths are in air combat .. i can get some beasley juggles going on using the mas inverter then his jet board and after the down circle move to get them back up.. i did this til i got a level 2 to a evil cole player yesterday HA i kinda felt bad because i thought i found a infinite , until the moron FINALLY decided to attack me back ..
Message 10 of 22 (635 Views)
0 Likes