Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 24 2012
By: simplegary Lombax Warrior 239 posts

Jak's meter gain

34 replies 445 views Edited Nov 24, 2012

It's PATHETIC. I've been hearing people crying about how much he sucks so I decided to try him out for myself. They were right. His meter gain is abysmal and his attacks come out slow.  I'd say he's harder to utilize than Sir Dan and Sweet Tooth at the moment. I'd be able to tolerate his pathetic level 1 and slow movement if his meter gain was halfway decent.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 35 (445 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4107 posts

Re: Jak's meter gain

[ Edited ]
Nov 24, 2012

simplegary wrote:

It's PATHETIC. I've been hearing people crying about how much he sucks so I decided to try him out for myself. They were right. His meter gain is abysmal and his attacks come out slow.  I'd say he's harder to utilize than Sir Dan and Sweet Tooth at the moment. I'd be able to tolerate his pathetic level 1 and slow movement if his meter gain was halfway decent.

His square an d triangle attacks are good for the most part but its his circle attacks that needs a buff

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 35 (437 Views)
Lombax Warrior
88 posts

Nov 25, 2012

simplegary wrote:

I have been maining Jak, and I do agree with you. 100%.

Although, I do exceptionally well, while online (I win every 3/4 games) I believe Jak does need a buff in some areas, like his circle attacks.

He does gain meter very, very slowly but I've gotten used to it, by now.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 35 (424 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
289 posts

Nov 25, 2012
Yeah his circle attacks are essentially useless.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 35 (413 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
417 posts

Nov 25, 2012

i main and kick serious but online with JAk

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 35 (400 Views)
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Nov 25, 2012

Mass Inverter. Level 1. Problem solved.

What irritates me is how they actually nerfed him for the fullgame. If you play the Kiosk Demo you can clearly see his Arc Wielder pretty much destroying everyone as it didn't stun and brought in great AP when fighting groups.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 35 (394 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
295 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 25, 2012

I planned to make Jak a secondary or maybe even a main, but considering what you just said, guess I'll have to stick with Radec.

But hey, for stuff and giggles, any tips on making him work efficiently? Mostly because for his gameplay, I'm referring to the strategy guide scans that covers him.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 35 (387 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
239 posts

Nov 25, 2012

MarrowOchi wrote:

Mass Inverter. Level 1. Problem solved.

What irritates me is how they actually nerfed him for the fullgame. If you play the Kiosk Demo you can clearly see his Arc Wielder pretty much destroying everyone as it didn't stun and brought in great AP when fighting groups.

Because landing mass inverter in a firefight is sooooo easy. Not to mention that the super can still miss

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 35 (362 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
311 posts

Nov 25, 2012
Yea really, i can figure out a way to land his level 1 super
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 35 (354 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Nov 25, 2012

Yup, I also made the mistake of maining JaK. Seriously, Kratos can lvl 3 twice in a FFa before I barely pass lvl 2. I use all his tools and stay mobile, I don't even get touched.  Only his square attacks do any decent AP buildup, circle is worthless. Lvl one has the range of a pinhead but goddam raiden can run across the ****** stage one shoting people? Way to **** up a great character.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 35 (331 Views)