Nov 12 2012
By: Rammel29 Splicer 75 posts

Jak's Peacemaker gun-mod.

14 replies 245 views Edited Nov 12, 2012

I just played the demo again recentley and I must say they made this gun mod work pretty well. At first I thought it only hit one enemy at a time but I was able to stun all three enemies at once when they were grouped I knew posters voiced their concern about if it would just stay true to series or was that just BlueDiamond. The Gyro Buster still shoots slow in the demo but in the most recent builds of the game I noticed that it shoots faster. Other than that I enjoy playing as Jak, it is very satisfying landing the Mass Inverter into his level 1 super.

Message 1 of 15 (245 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7051 posts

Re: Jak's Peacemaker gun-mod.

Nov 12, 2012

Rammel29 wrote:

I just played the demo again recentley and I must say they made this gun mod work pretty well. At first I thought it only hit one enemy at a time but I was able to stun all three enemies at once when they were grouped I knew posters voiced their concern about if it would just stay true to series or was that just BlueDiamond. The Gyro Buster still shoots slow in the demo but in the most recent builds of the game I noticed that it shoots faster. Other than that I enjoy playing as Jak, it is very satisfying landing the Mass Inverter into his level 1 super.

Although you still may be able to hit multiple enemies. It doesnt have that true chain effect like it had in Jak II and 3. 
And no I was not the only guy who was extremely upset with Jaks voice. The whole youtube community page was blew up with massive complaints. The owner deleted a lot of post and block people. His Gyro Burster and Needle Lazer still bother me.

photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 2 of 15 (212 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
75 posts

Nov 12, 2012

Yeah I hear you and I was only making a joke and wasn't talking about his voice just the aesthetics of his attacks. It isn't perfect but I still think they did well and I am sure Naughy Dog thinks so too since I am sure they gave them some pointers when making Jak and Daxter for this game.

Message 3 of 15 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7051 posts

Nov 12, 2012

Rammel29 wrote:

Yeah I hear you and I was only making a joke and wasn't talking about his voice just the aesthetics of his attacks. It isn't perfect but I still think they did well and I am sure Naughy Dog thinks so too since I am sure they gave them some pointers when making Jak and Daxter for this game.

Actually to be honest, they did a wonderful job on his melee attacks. Their actually better then from any of his past games.... however Its the complete opposite for some of his guns...

Only time will tell.
Message 4 of 15 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
75 posts

Nov 12, 2012

Hm you think so, I haven't really noticed since when using him he doesn't have much melee attacks. The only gun mod attack I don't think looks so good in the game is his Beam Reflexor since it is meant for close quarters. Also have you got a chance to play Jak in the demo yet and I also have to add you to PSN you seem like a cool guy from some of your post, hope to get some matches with/against when the game comes out soon.

Message 5 of 15 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7051 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 12, 2012

Rammel29 wrote:

Hm you think so, I haven't really noticed since when using him he doesn't have much melee attacks. The only gun mod attack I don't think looks so good in the game is his Beam Reflexor since it is meant for close quarters. Also have you got a chance to play Jak in the demo yet and I also have to add you to PSN you seem like a cool guy from some of your post, hope to get some matches with/against when the game comes out soon.

Haven't you played the PS2 games(which were remastered on the PS3)? Jak melees in All Stars are more powerful and faster then his previous games. ND basically upgraded Jak attacks on all stars instead of keeping it the same. If you played the series you would understand why the Gyro Burster, Beam reflexor, and Needle Lazer suck on this game. Another issue of mines is it doesnt look like Jak players can use those combos that you could back on his own game. Punch, uppercut, spin kick then dive bounce.

Btw other people up here dont think Im a cool guy :/

Only time will tell.
Message 6 of 15 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
75 posts

Nov 12, 2012

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

Rammel29 wrote:

Haven't you played the PS2 games which were reamstered on the PS3? Jak melees in All Stars are more powerful and fast. ND basically upgraded Jak attacks on all stars instead of keeping it the same. If you played the series you would understand why the Gyro Burster, Beam reflexor, and Needle Lazer suck on this game.

Yeah I just played through the remastered version but in PSABR he doesn't have much melee attacks as for other people not thinking your a cool guy, i wouldn't know since I don't post much on here; just what I have experienced personally from you. I just remembered past converstations we have had regarding Jak but I can tell your passionate about Jak as a character and thats cool.

Message 7 of 15 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7051 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 12, 2012

Rammel29 wrote:

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

Rammel29 wrote:

Haven't you played the PS2 games which were reamstered on the PS3? Jak melees in All Stars are more powerful and fast. ND basically upgraded Jak attacks on all stars instead of keeping it the same. If you played the series you would understand why the Gyro Burster, Beam reflexor, and Needle Lazer suck on this game.

Yeah I just played through the remastered version but in PSABR he doesn't have much melee attacks as for other people not thinking your a cool guy, i wouldn't know since I don't post much on here; just what I have experienced personally from you. I just remembered past converstations we have had regarding Jak but I can tell your passionate about Jak as a character and thats cool.

What I meant by his melee attacks being so amp is. Every Melee attack Jak does in this game is stronger and more effective then it was in his own games. We didnt see Jak use dashing forward punch(just regular forward puch) or strong as hell spinkicks. His Dive bounce never cause a short raduis vibrational earthquake of some kind ether... you get me?

Only time will tell.
Message 8 of 15 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5278 posts

Nov 12, 2012
I did notice that his melee attacks at least for me are the most effective attacks he has in the demo. and I also liked the third version of the yellow gun forgot its actual name
#ProtectorProgramme
Message 9 of 15 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7051 posts

Nov 12, 2012

ATOMB0Y_ wrote:
I did notice that his melee attacks at least for me are the most effective attacks he has in the demo. and I also liked the third version of the yellow gun forgot its actual name

Gyro Burster -_-

Only time will tell.
Message 10 of 15 (105 Views)
0 Likes