Jan 25 2013
By: BlueDiamond93 Treasure Hunter 7051 posts

Jak's New Advanced Combo Video.

82 replies 434 views Edited Jan 25, 2013

Please read the descipition in the video desci before commenting and before watching.

Also watch in HD for better results.

photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 1 of 83 (434 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1661 posts

Re: Jak's New Advanced Combo Video.

Jan 25, 2013
Those were really really basic. I can't read the description in the video because I'm on a phone, but only 2 of those were interesting and barely at that. I realize there's not a lot of combo potential but the name "advanced combos" seems a bit outta place.
------------------------------------------------
Fresh to death
Message 2 of 83 (417 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7051 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 25, 2013

Dude5059 wrote:
Those were really really basic. I can't read the description in the video because I'm on a phone, but only 2 of those were interesting and barely at that. I realize there's not a lot of combo potential but the name "advanced combos" seems a bit outta place.

Stop hating seriously. Those were not basic because most weren't shown in his tutorial and nobody elses combo video has them along with no Jak players have used those online.

Just because his combos consist of 2-4hits doesn't mean its basic. These were in fact advanced. You're not getting the overall term of Advanced. You're thinking way to hard. I called it advanced for reasons. Like I said read descripition somehow. 

Also most of the Advanced aspect relies in his Needle lazer combos and BR combos. Some of the WC combos were already made and shown but some I did were new. Once again advanced doesn't mean all long combos.

Only time will tell.
Message 3 of 83 (410 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1603 posts

Jan 25, 2013

Nice work. May I suggest a combo for a future video?

P.S. I'm still waiting for that PM.

Message 4 of 83 (394 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7051 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 25, 2013

King_Cobra97 wrote:

What combo would that be?

Did you read my descri btw? I said I forgot 2 major combos and that I left out certain other combos like the mass Inv and etc...

Those Needle Lazer Combos are not easy btw... It looks simple but isn't at all.

Only time will tell.
Message 5 of 83 (366 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1603 posts

Jan 25, 2013

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

King_Cobra97 wrote:

Did you read my descri btw? I said I forgot 2 major combos and that I left out certain other combos like the mass Inv and etc...

down circle (air), hop, side circle, side square.

Also an extention on his KC. down circle (facing away), up triangle (other direction), up square, side square.

I play Jak quite a bit so I know how difficult some of his stuff can be. 

Message 6 of 83 (355 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
45 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 25, 2013

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

Dude5059 wrote:

Stop hating seriously. Those were not basic because most weren't shown in his tutorial and nobody elses combo video has them along with no Jak players have used those online.

Just because his combos consist of 2-4hits doesn't mean its basic. These were in fact advanced. You're not getting the overall term of Advanced. You're thinking way to hard. I called it advanced for reasons. Like I said read descripition somehow. 

Also most of the Advanced aspect relies in his Needle lazer combos and BR combos. Some of the WC combos were already made and shown but some I did were new. Once again advanced doesn't mean all long combos.

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

Dude5059 wrote:

I agree with Dude, a lot were pretty basic. The last combo is something I would class as advanced. The timing and placement of some combos seem extremely strict, which can make them pointless to use in head to head combat (since you can just use simple combos that will generate more or as much AP). Overall good video though.

Message 7 of 83 (345 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7051 posts

Jan 25, 2013

King_Cobra97 wrote:

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

King_Cobra97 wrote:

down circle (air), hop, side circle, side square.

Also an extention on his KC. down circle (facing away), up triangle (other direction), up square, side square.

I play Jak quite a bit so I know how difficult some of his stuff can be. 

That last combo doesn't sound right. but im pretty sure every Jak player will learn a lot of new stuff from this video...A lot of Jak mains have been asking me about Combos so I made this video.

Only time will tell.
Message 8 of 83 (333 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7051 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 25, 2013

Mizukage-JP wrote:

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

Dude5059 wrote:

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

Dude5059 wrote:

I agree with Dude, a lot were pretty basic. The last combo is something I would class as advanced. The timing and placement of some combos seem extremely strict, which can make them pointless to use in head to head combat (since you can just use simple combos that will generate more or as much AP). Overall good video though.

As I said they were not basic. The term of advanced in my video means combos that have not been shown or seen! Jak isn't a heavy combo hitting character so 2-4 hitter combos count as advanced for him! And as you said the timing and other things that make it strict also further on make it advanced. I do most of these combos every game. Its not that hard if your a dedicated long term Jak main...

Only time will tell.
Message 9 of 83 (326 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1779 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 25, 2013
Message 10 of 83 (303 Views)