Reply
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/19/2012
Offline
7051 posts
 

Re: Jak's New Advanced Combo Video.

[ Edited ]
Jan 26, 2013

Strife93 wrote:

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

Strife93 wrote:

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

So someone said Jak had 4HC? I got to see this... I already saw the WC into peace maker one.

 

I hope one of them isn't the one I found....


Reverse Aerial WC to L1.

WC to L1. (Only works with half of the characters)
Reverse Aerial Needle Lazer to L1.
Charged WC -> Aerial Peacemaker > L1


Wow I just saw the video. Are you really going to count all of those same WC setups as 4 separate HCs?


I dunno. They ARE confirms, but as of now I only see three DIFFERENT attacks that can combo into a kill.


Alright well theres 2 versions of my setup. If things go planned then it should be up Feb 1st or 2nd.

 photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 61 of 83 (65 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Highlighted
Splicer
Registered: 06/17/2012
Offline
45 posts
 

Re: Jak's New Advanced Combo Video.

Jan 26, 2013

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

Mizukage-JP wrote:

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

Mizukage-JP wrote:

The reason a lot of people are being "negative" or critiquing is because they expected more because of the word "advanced". A few of these combos aren't easy to pull off BUT they don't seem like combos that will make you a stand out Jak player. For example an advanced Dante combo video would probably show you never before seen high AP combos that will put you above average Dante players (if you put in the time to learn them). Whereas these "advanced" combos are mostly just  2 hit variants of each other (same start up with a different attack after) which are quite hard to pull off and don't really reward you well for the time you put in mastering them. This video did teach me some new things BUT by advanced I thought I would be learning extraordinary combos that I didn't think was possible for Jak to do.


Did you pay attention to the video? I did some of those new things im certain you didn't know. Once again in Jak's shoes these are advanced.... I know for a fact every Jak main who watches this learned at least 1 new combo. 1 is the least.


I already said your video did teach me some new things BUT I also said I thought I would be learning "extraordinary" combos, in my opinion only the last combo was extraordinary. These combos don't really make me feel like I will be much better than average jak players who just use the down circle combos, maybe I'm wrong, its just they don't seem very rewarding for the timing you need to pull them off. Yeah, I guess in Jak's shoes there aren't much extraordinary combos, so there's not much you can do. If the hit confirm you post (if you post it) is very reliable then I'm sure the community will be extremely positive. Like I said, overall it was a good video but I think the word "advanced" is misleading people and that's where the negativity is coming from.


Sorry but you're wrong ont hat. I know for a fact at least 3 combos here were extraordinary.

 

They are very rewarding. Its not that hard and its not easy. Plain and simple. These were all tested in battle and they work great. Im starting to see opinions come from the fact people haven't played as Jak long enough to see these are great.

 

Now as I said before nothing was misleading about the word advanced here. Its not my fault people seem to be stuck on one certain definition of the word. Now what I can say is that all of these combos weren't advanced. However my meaning of advanced also relies in the AP gain from these small hit attacks!


Which 3 would you call extraordinary? Fair enough, but I've played as Jak for a long time (my Jak is 999) and when there are other alternatives which are easier to use and generate more AP then quite of few of your combos seem unrewarding. I'm just saying why people may be reacting negatively that's all. If your meaning of advanced is different from the community's then a lot of people will be negative. Also, If your definition relies on the AP gain from small hit attacks then would you call the down circle + forward triangle combo advanced? As you know, this combo gives me 50 AP and is much easier to pull off then a lot of yours. Unless my opponent keeps blocking my down circle I would rather use this than harder to pull off, lower AP combos.

 

 

Message 62 of 83 (65 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 12/21/2008
Offline
1819 posts
 

Re: Jak's New Advanced Combo Video.

Jan 26, 2013

Wow, that guard break kill is impressive. If your opponent doesn't let you land the Charged WC to PM confirm then you can just grab that one. Smiley LOL

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT IS THIS!?
Message 63 of 83 (62 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/19/2012
Offline
7051 posts
 

Re: Jak's New Advanced Combo Video.

Jan 26, 2013

DarkErazor wrote:

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

DarkErazor wrote:

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

DarkErazor wrote:

First of all, I appreciate it when someone takes the time and creates a video to help other players.

The reason so many people critisized your work may be the incompleteness of some combos, which makes them look basic. Many of them can be extended, or certain moves can be squeezed in for even more AP. Instead of 2-3 hits you now get 4-5, which is obviously better. On top of that, there is often times a superior combo that (in this certain situation) beats every other combo in terms of AP generation that's why people don't even bother with the other combos. Hence you won't see them online.

 

Would be great if you could do more of these. But please don't brag with things like having found a kill confirm when you're not planning to show it.


Either way I have not seen Jak players do the extended versions either.

 

Didn't brag about anything. I said I have a new combo. I just don't want strong negativiity and people saying thats not a HC. My new HC is situtional just like the WC.

 


I have seen the use of extended combos. You won't see them often in ranked or quickmatches though, you'll have to play 1v1.

 

Why don't you just explain your new HC? I don't get it why you always mention it but never really show how to do it. I mean, what's the point? I immediately posted all of the 4 kill confirms I found so far. And it was a good choice to do so, because someone managed to extend one of these to an 80 AP combo which I had not found myself.


I play a lot of both. I have faced some of the top Jak players to btw so I know what im talking about.Nobody has done that WC into NL into JETboard into JETpunch. Nobody does the BR into the spinkick. What you and others fail to realize is that more relies in this video then just combos and AP gain. One example for you. its not safe to use Jaks spinkick out in the open right which most jak players do so I added in using the BR as a saftey hitconfirm for the spinkick. See people are not thinking or being open minded while watching this video. As I said called advanced for many many reasons.

 

I just started mentioning yesterday -_- My HC video wil be up in a few days. I have my reasons for not posting it yet. I have a Jak tournment coming up and I don't want those jak mainers to see it -_-


Alright, now we have something to discuss. You said nobody does Beam Reflexor into Spin Kick. I guess that's because everybody uses Down Circle, Down Triangle, Forward Square, Square instead. So what advantages does your combo have?


Think man think. Yes you can use the wave con but guess what? The BR is more safe, faster and less predictable. Look at that 3 factors in one that beats the wave con. As I said its not always about what gets you the most AP from a combo starter. Usng the BR as an alternate changes the flow of battle and will land you spinkicks and other combos faster.

 photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 64 of 83 (56 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 11/26/2012
Offline
298 posts
 

Re: Jak's New Advanced Combo Video.

Jan 26, 2013

Strife93 wrote:

Wow, that guard break kill is impressive. If your opponent doesn't let you land the Charged WC to PM confirm then you can just grab that one. Smiley LOL


Thx Smiley Happy

The Jak Archives:
http://allstararena.com/threads/the-jak-archives.449/
Message 65 of 83 (54 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 12/21/2008
Offline
1819 posts
 

Re: Jak's New Advanced Combo Video.

Jan 26, 2013

DarkErazor wrote:

Strife93 wrote:

Wow, that guard break kill is impressive. If your opponent doesn't let you land the Charged WC to PM confirm then you can just grab that one. Smiley LOL


Thx Smiley Happy


You can even get 95 AP without a wall off of it! 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT IS THIS!?
Message 66 of 83 (50 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/19/2012
Offline
7051 posts
 

Re: Jak's New Advanced Combo Video.

Jan 26, 2013

Mizukage-JP wrote:

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

Mizukage-JP wrote:

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

Mizukage-JP wrote:

The reason a lot of people are being "negative" or critiquing is because they expected more because of the word "advanced". A few of these combos aren't easy to pull off BUT they don't seem like combos that will make you a stand out Jak player. For example an advanced Dante combo video would probably show you never before seen high AP combos that will put you above average Dante players (if you put in the time to learn them). Whereas these "advanced" combos are mostly just  2 hit variants of each other (same start up with a different attack after) which are quite hard to pull off and don't really reward you well for the time you put in mastering them. This video did teach me some new things BUT by advanced I thought I would be learning extraordinary combos that I didn't think was possible for Jak to do.


Did you pay attention to the video? I did some of those new things im certain you didn't know. Once again in Jak's shoes these are advanced.... I know for a fact every Jak main who watches this learned at least 1 new combo. 1 is the least.


I already said your video did teach me some new things BUT I also said I thought I would be learning "extraordinary" combos, in my opinion only the last combo was extraordinary. These combos don't really make me feel like I will be much better than average jak players who just use the down circle combos, maybe I'm wrong, its just they don't seem very rewarding for the timing you need to pull them off. Yeah, I guess in Jak's shoes there aren't much extraordinary combos, so there's not much you can do. If the hit confirm you post (if you post it) is very reliable then I'm sure the community will be extremely positive. Like I said, overall it was a good video but I think the word "advanced" is misleading people and that's where the negativity is coming from.


Sorry but you're wrong ont hat. I know for a fact at least 3 combos here were extraordinary.

 

They are very rewarding. Its not that hard and its not easy. Plain and simple. These were all tested in battle and they work great. Im starting to see opinions come from the fact people haven't played as Jak long enough to see these are great.

 

Now as I said before nothing was misleading about the word advanced here. Its not my fault people seem to be stuck on one certain definition of the word. Now what I can say is that all of these combos weren't advanced. However my meaning of advanced also relies in the AP gain from these small hit attacks!


Which 3 would you call extraordinary? Fair enough, but I've played as Jak for a long time (my Jak is 999) and when there are other alternatives which are easier to use and generate more AP then quite of few of your combos seem unrewarding. I'm just saying why people may be reacting negatively that's all. If your meaning of advanced is different from the community's then a lot of people will be negative. Also, If your definition relies on the AP gain from small hit attacks then would you call the down circle + forward triangle combo advanced? As you know, this combo gives me 50 AP and is much easier to pull off then a lot of yours. Unless my opponent keeps blocking my down circle I would rather use this than harder to pull off, lower AP combos.

 

 


Forget it im tired of talking about this now...

 photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 67 of 83 (47 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 11/26/2012
Offline
298 posts
 

Re: Jak's New Advanced Combo Video.

Jan 26, 2013

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

DarkErazor wrote:

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

DarkErazor wrote:

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

DarkErazor wrote:

First of all, I appreciate it when someone takes the time and creates a video to help other players.

The reason so many people critisized your work may be the incompleteness of some combos, which makes them look basic. Many of them can be extended, or certain moves can be squeezed in for even more AP. Instead of 2-3 hits you now get 4-5, which is obviously better. On top of that, there is often times a superior combo that (in this certain situation) beats every other combo in terms of AP generation that's why people don't even bother with the other combos. Hence you won't see them online.

 

Would be great if you could do more of these. But please don't brag with things like having found a kill confirm when you're not planning to show it.


Either way I have not seen Jak players do the extended versions either.

 

Didn't brag about anything. I said I have a new combo. I just don't want strong negativiity and people saying thats not a HC. My new HC is situtional just like the WC.

 


I have seen the use of extended combos. You won't see them often in ranked or quickmatches though, you'll have to play 1v1.

 

Why don't you just explain your new HC? I don't get it why you always mention it but never really show how to do it. I mean, what's the point? I immediately posted all of the 4 kill confirms I found so far. And it was a good choice to do so, because someone managed to extend one of these to an 80 AP combo which I had not found myself.


I play a lot of both. I have faced some of the top Jak players to btw so I know what im talking about.Nobody has done that WC into NL into JETboard into JETpunch. Nobody does the BR into the spinkick. What you and others fail to realize is that more relies in this video then just combos and AP gain. One example for you. its not safe to use Jaks spinkick out in the open right which most jak players do so I added in using the BR as a saftey hitconfirm for the spinkick. See people are not thinking or being open minded while watching this video. As I said called advanced for many many reasons.

 

I just started mentioning yesterday -_- My HC video wil be up in a few days. I have my reasons for not posting it yet. I have a Jak tournment coming up and I don't want those jak mainers to see it -_-


Alright, now we have something to discuss. You said nobody does Beam Reflexor into Spin Kick. I guess that's because everybody uses Down Circle, Down Triangle, Forward Square, Square instead. So what advantages does your combo have?


Think man think. Yes you can use the wave con but guess what? The BR is more safe, faster and less predictable. Look at that 3 factors in one that beats the wave con. As I said its not always about what gets you the most AP from a combo starter. Usng the BR as an alternate changes the flow of battle and will land you spinkicks and other combos faster.


If it's definitely faster, than it should be considered. I'll check on that. Why would you call it safer? From my experience, a missed or blocked Beam Reflexor is a lot worse than a wave concussor. Less predictable? You have to be in the exact same spot as you have to be for the wave concussor combo I guess, so that doesn't count.

The Jak Archives:
http://allstararena.com/threads/the-jak-archives.449/
Message 68 of 83 (46 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/19/2012
Offline
7051 posts
 

Re: Jak's New Advanced Combo Video.

Jan 26, 2013

Strife93 wrote:

DarkErazor wrote:

Strife93 wrote:

Wow, that guard break kill is impressive. If your opponent doesn't let you land the Charged WC to PM confirm then you can just grab that one. Smiley LOL


Thx Smiley Happy


You can even get 95 AP without a wall off of it! 


Alright don't make it sound like its actually helpful because that setup is not something a Jak main can do every game. With the way players move around that little trick there is not easy at all.

 photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 69 of 83 (45 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 11/26/2012
Offline
298 posts
 

Re: Jak's New Advanced Combo Video.

Jan 26, 2013

Strife93 wrote:

DarkErazor wrote:

Strife93 wrote:

Wow, that guard break kill is impressive. If your opponent doesn't let you land the Charged WC to PM confirm then you can just grab that one. Smiley LOL


Thx Smiley Happy


You can even get 95 AP without a wall off of it! 


95? that is awesome, how did you do it? All I managed to do was 80

The Jak Archives:
http://allstararena.com/threads/the-jak-archives.449/
Message 70 of 83 (44 Views)
Reply
0 Likes