Dec 31 2013
By: Breaker_Ki Sackboy 528 posts

Jak's Down Triangle (DT), opinions?

12 replies 150 views Edited Dec 31, 2012

I understand the concept of his DT.  In Jak2/3 you could mod the blaster to ricochet off everything.

Problem is, the ability has range less than most melee attacks and bounces once IF your on the ground; fire it from the air, and it probably won't bounce.

Compared to his SS, this thing has less range, less AP per shot, slower rate of fire, and no exject...  At least give us range so it functions like in the series.

Message 1 of 13 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1819 posts

Re: Jak's Down Triangle (DT), opinions?

Dec 31, 2012

If only it had unlimited range... Smiley Very Happy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT IS THIS!?
Message 2 of 13 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1661 posts

Dec 31, 2012
It's good. It's a nice combo link, a decent anti-air, and a great move with the high ground.
------------------------------------------------
Fresh to death
Message 3 of 13 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1785 posts

Dec 31, 2012

If you're using it in the air your intent has to be to hit someone underneath you to be able to follow up with the other 2 shots and it's actually really useful when you see what you can do with it's physics on certain slopes and the like, Blackrock Stadium and the Loco Roco stages have some that can work to your advantage.

Message 4 of 13 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
528 posts

Dec 31, 2012

From a control perspective, it is good, and I won't deny that.  In fact, 1v1 Jak is one of the best at controlling the opponent and would be a beast if he could confirm into his level 1.  

However, this means little in multiplayer.  the fact remains that this ability losses all flavor of what it is supposed to represent.

Message 5 of 13 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
291 posts

Dec 31, 2012
i agree....i think it should bounce at least 4 times..unless it hits an enemy...on a map like TIMESTATION this would be really good with the 2 low platforms at the near center......maybe give it more AP the more times it has bounced before hitting an enemy... and maybe it should only have a knock back effect like the forward triangle attack when it has bounced so many times before hitting.
Never look down on anybody unless your helping them up.....
Playstation.......Makes Us Believe In The Make Believe.
Message 6 of 13 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
324 posts

Dec 31, 2012

I would have prefered if it were just a bullet that bounced off of all the walls on the map and gave him x amount of AP for every time it hits somebody. The way it is right now is kind of meh, which is a shame because in Jak 3 that gun is amazing, and maybe even more reliable than the Wastelander Combo.

But for balance sake, it's actually not that bad and, like others have said, is an anti-air alternative to the Blaster.

—--------
"The Dirty Casual"
Message 7 of 13 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
239 posts

Dec 31, 2012

Dude5059 wrote:
It's good. It's a nice combo link, a decent anti-air, and a great move with the high ground.

Jak and combo don't belong in the same sentence. Also Jak shouldn't be on the ground anyway. It's much too slow and precise to be an effective anti - air. 

Message 8 of 13 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
239 posts

Dec 31, 2012

Breaker_Ki wrote:

From a control perspective, it is good, and I won't deny that.  In fact, 1v1 Jak is one of the best at controlling the opponent and would be a beast if he could confirm into his level 1.  

However, this means little in multiplayer.  the fact remains that this ability losses all flavor of what it is supposed to represent.

He can confirm into his super. Care to elaborate on how he's good at controlling his opponent? I certainly don't see it.
Message 9 of 13 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1661 posts

Dec 31, 2012
Believe it or not gary, Jak ha a few. Like jumping down circle into down triangle into side square. I disagree, it can stop something like a jumping raiden charge. And if you're up on a platform shooting down, it's a good move to use. Furthermore, he can't reliably combo into his level 1.
------------------------------------------------
Fresh to death
Message 10 of 13 (103 Views)
0 Likes