Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sackboy
528 posts

Re: Jak's Down Triangle (DT), opinions?

Dec 31, 2012

In terms of control.

His needles set up air opponets for the peacemaker.  You can actually lock out the acrobats with the two alternating.

Throw in his mobility, he can make it very hard (1v1) for the oponent to accumlate AP.  If you play cpu Jak on Insane, you can see the potential, and a real player would do it much better.

Needless to say, hit and run is Jak's game.

Message 11 of 13 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
239 posts

Dec 31, 2012
Dude5059 wrote:
Believe it or not gary, Jak ha a few. Like jumping down circle into down triangle into side square. I disagree, it can stop something like a jumping raiden charge. And if you're up on a platform shooting down, it's a good move to use. Furthermore, he can't reliably combo into his level 1.

My hindquarters! Needle Lazer (down triangle) is still too specific and slow to be used as an anti- air. On top of that, it doesn't even have much range which is its biggest flaw. I would try to land  peacemaker(which is crap)  instead of that trash @ss needle lazer for anti-air purposes. If I'm shooting from a higher platform, I'd rather be charging down circle instead  of using needle lazer. Athough his confirm is situational, he still has the option.

Message 12 of 13 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
239 posts

Dec 31, 2012

Breaker_Ki wrote:

In terms of control.

His needles set up air opponets for the peacemaker.  You can actually lock out the acrobats with the two alternating.

Throw in his mobility, he can make it very hard (1v1) for the oponent to accumlate AP.  If you play cpu Jak on Insane, you can see the potential, and a real player would do it much better.

Needless to say, hit and run is Jak's game.

I would agree with you if it weren't for the fact that peacemaker is pretty slow with a small hitbox meaning that it is easily air dodged and punished. Needle lazer is still too precise for actual aerial lockdown since mose characters can still attack from angles that the needle lazer doesn't even cover. The only thing that makes Jak viable is his mobility and even that gets predictable with a hit and run playstyle. At most he'll slightly frustrate the opponent and I mean slightly. He gets demolished up close and even moreso when the enemy learns his escape patterns. 

Message 13 of 13 (88 Views)
0 Likes