Jan 08 2013
By: Oizen6X First Son 13 posts

Jak has so many useless attacks

16 replies 512 views Edited Jan 8, 2013

Circle: Horrible Range, No stun, bad AP gain, easily destroyed by the slightest touch.

Up Circle: Anti Gravity. What does this accomplish? It doesnt chain to any of Jak's other moves well, certainly not his first special.

Long start up time for how useless it really is

Up Triangle: Jak's only real stun move, and it only hits in the air, where he cannot do much.

Triangle: Crap AP gain, doesnt even do a whole lot. Infact the knockback on this is so bad you cant even keep enemies in it.

Down Triangle: This has pretty much no range at all. Im serious, try jumping and using it. It wont even make it to the ground.

First Special: This has almost no range at all, you really have to plan in order to get a kill with this.

Second Special: Its okayyy. but for a lv 2 special its very delayed, I dont get why you cant stay transformed as Dark Jak and get kills that way either. You know, like that op raiden's 2nd special

Honestly, whenever I try to play jack, I find myself only using his airal forward melee, down circle, or foward Triangle to attack.

Everything else on him is just bleh.

Message 1 of 17 (512 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Re: Jak has so many useless attacks

Jan 8, 2013

Yea I really hate all the talk of nerfing this and that, but Jak could really use a buff.  And I say this as somebody who doesnt use him at all

Message 2 of 17 (487 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1823 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 8, 2013

You need some imagination, especially if you're sticking to air forward+square, down+circle and forward+triangle.

The Gyro buster isn't meant to gain much AP or stay around very long. It's just an addition on whatever else he's doing (otherwise it would last longer than 4 seconds).

The Peace Maker is one of his best attacks. Used in conjunction with his ground Beam Reflexor, he has everything he needs for anti-air. The air Beam Reflexor is hardly his only option for attacking from the air: try the Arc Wieldier (neutral triangle) or Needle Laser (forward+circle) sometime.

I agree he could probably use some slight AP-buffs: nearly every move you mentioned nets about 5 AP at the most. But the moves themselves are fine if you know when to use them.

I like to make PSASBR move-sets. Here's a few:

Dart.jpg Daedalus.png Selvaria.jpg Alicia.png Dante.png Ellen.jpg

Never say I don't contribute: I'm The Idea Man.

Community Move-Set for Specter. Help build it.

Message 3 of 17 (465 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2457 posts

Jan 8, 2013
The little flying disc that shoots bullets is actually pretty good, I do wish some of his moves were better but he's alright in my opinion.
Message 4 of 17 (441 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 8, 2013

Honestly his Gyro Buster drone (circle) should stay out a bit longer and go further, but the ap gain is fine. His Arc Wielder (triangle) needs a slight ap boost the distance is good. His Peace Maker (up Triangle) should get a small ap gain besides that its fine its a small stun that you can follow up if you quick. The Mass Inverter (up circle) should get a small ap boost and the effect should last a bit longer. I would be fine if this could combo to his level 1 as well as I think Jak needs it. His Needle Lazer (forward circle) needs a slight ap boost and should go a tad bit further. Other than that this move is ok it can juggle people and at the right distance help set up some other moves. It's not that his weapons are bad they just feel like they gain a very small amount ap. If they make a few changes he will be a character with a great moveset.

Message 5 of 17 (427 Views)
I Only Post Everything
670 posts

Jan 8, 2013

Superbot ruin him. He was very good in the demo.

Message 6 of 17 (425 Views)
Wastelander
726 posts

Jan 8, 2013
OMG I HATE FIGHTING JAK . . . His down and up square make him pretty much UNTOACHABLE in a melee situation, and once he reaches his lvl 3, it's pretty much over. I've seen some very good Jaks simply dominate with him

1/6/2013 - Defeated the #1 player in the World in a Ranked Match.

Currently maining: Parappa

Future mains: Zeus, Issac
Message 7 of 17 (411 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
635 posts

Jan 8, 2013
I beg to differ. Jak is my best character and I don't think he needs a buff at all.

The only move I think is useless is up O.

His up triangle is extremely useful if you know how to use it. As is the case for his lvl 1.
Photobucket
Message 8 of 17 (398 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1268 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 8, 2013

I use Jak as well and saying he has useless attacks is jumping the gun literally and yes his up circle is kinda useless his down circle on the other hand is useful.

Message 9 of 17 (382 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Jan 9, 2013
Gyro buster doesnt have enough range or distance to actually be used along side anything. And as I said, the slighest tap or poke and its gone. Peacamaker chains to his up circle? I honestly dont think you've ever used his up circle, by the time the animation ends, the antigravity effect is already half over. Regular triangle doesnt gain any ap or do as many hits or even stun like you'd exepct it to. Mostly worthless.
Message 10 of 17 (315 Views)