Fender Bender
4120 posts

Re: Jak does not need a buff

Dec 15, 2012

Teh_Shade667 wrote:
Just because a few players are good with a character doesn't mean he doesn't need a buff. I was doing 2v2 with bluediamond yesterday (both 999 jak), and i think we won all but one game. Half his moveset is unusable, and that should never be the case in any game.

Yes, half his moeset set is extremely weak and has no real point in being used other then to annoy people.

the peace maker, needle laser, mass inverter and maybe his neutral triangle could use a buff.

Message 21 of 23 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
528 posts

Dec 26, 2012

Jak does well in stock games due to the slower pace of the game, but his AP gain is way to slow for timed games.  Additionally he has no real combos.  Most other characters generate more AP because of this, but Jak does not.  I doubt they'd change his move set, but they can easily adjust the AP gain of some of the weapons.

For example,

- Mass Inverter: It's one of the slowest abilities to use, generates only 5 AP,  and the delay between causing the inversion and your next attack is so long that most can dodge the next attack, including the level 1 super.

- Gyro Blaster : The ammount of AP generated by this isn't worth the time your left vunerable.  Plus, your its extremely inaccuracte.

Message 22 of 23 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
88 posts

Dec 26, 2012
Jak is a really strong character. His mobility and ability to pretty much bounce into the air and continue fighting make him very strong.

As a black belt Sly. I would say he is the character that I have the most trouble playing against.
Message 23 of 23 (115 Views)
0 Likes