Dec 14 2012
By: littlejcr Fender Bender 3239 posts

Jak does not need a buff

22 replies 572 views Edited Dec 14, 2012

And I have a reason for saying this.  Today I was doing 2v2 with reseespiecez.   He was Nariko I was Raiden.  One of the matches we got into was gainst BlueDiamnod and another person (his name escapes me)  Anyway they were both Jak.   May I say I regret every time I have said Jak needs a buff.  We got torn up, they both achieved their lvl 3's and beat the crap out of us.  They were really good players.  Now does Jak need a buff?  Im not to sure after what I saw today. 

MAY THE SQUARE DRIVE YOUR BLADES KRATOS!
Currently playing: FF14, MGSV, Witcher 3.
Message 1 of 23 (572 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
178 posts

Re: Jak does not need a buff

Dec 14, 2012

I think this was just a case of you not knowing how to play against Jak. You don't see many online so you were pretty much blindsided, it's like the rare occasion when you see a big daddy that doesn't rely solely on his ground pound.

You've gotta walk a mile in their shoes, play through his arcade on All-Stars difficulty, the 3 kill limit games are agonizing because he builds his meter so slowly. This isn't a case as Sackboy was, where the character was just flat-out overpowered, just a combination of good jak players and you having no clue how to handle the situation.

Message 2 of 23 (557 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1173 posts

Dec 14, 2012

littlejcr wrote:

Today I was doing 2v2 with reseespiecez.

We got torn up, they both achieved their lvl 3's and beat the crap out of us.  They were really good players.  Now does Jak need a buff?  Im not to sure after what I saw today. 

I've seen matches of Son_of_Kratos uploading vids of him teaming up with the Jak player & they pretty much won the 2v2 matches. Probably Jak can do well during 2v2 matches, but maybe not FFA matches.

It would of been better to see a video. I still have my two videos in a row where it had a Jak player relying on the same moves while spamming it against the other players during FFA & did a Level 3 Super & won (I was Heihachi & I was able to get second, luckily). This is because this Jak player didn't use his other moves at all because they're useless for AP Gain, which is why people ask for buffs for them. The Level 1/2 Supers are an element of surprise which gets Jak players going for Level 3 Supers instead (by spamming).

Maybe they were good players. But it's not just the 2v2 department but also the FFA department (and 1v1, except that's not online). Since I read that you couldn't do well against a Jak player (except, you faced two) & I saw the videos of 2v2 including a Jak player; It shows Jak is well on 2v2 matches & not FFA matches. It can also depend on the players such as you & others & on a Jak player.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GameAtHeart's Average Gaming & Entertainment Channel
Message 3 of 23 (550 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1789 posts

Dec 14, 2012

Jak is all about the mobility. He can pull off the "hit and run" strategy better than almost any character.

I think a few of his moves could use a buff, but nothing too serious.

Message 4 of 23 (539 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1266 posts

Dec 14, 2012

Agreed. The only character who needs a bit of buffing is Sir Dan.

photo Vigor_murder_of_crows_zps5759709e.gif
Message 5 of 23 (529 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

Dec 14, 2012
Jak is very good, he just takes some time to learn compared to other characters.
Message 6 of 23 (507 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Dec 14, 2012

Only buff I would say is either his level 1 or 2. They're both much less useful than other characters level 1s and 2s. His actual moveset is fine if you learn how to use him. I'd say probably make his level 2 better, over his level 1. Because if his level 1 was better, he might become overpowered, though he may not.

Message 7 of 23 (478 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4120 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 14, 2012

as a jak main myself, i can assure you that his moveset and supers needs a buff. Even bluedimond believed this before he was ban from the forum.

Because jak has a limited amount of attacks that doo good damage, hes forced to use the same attacks over and over again which makes him extemely predictable.

Some of his best attacks like his need laser, peace maker, and mass inverter only gives 5 ap. They need a an ap buff to be truely viable for practical use in combat.

In FFA, jak has the disadvantage because of how long it takes for him to build super, its even harder for him to kill because his supers are easy to miss forcing him to take his time setting up supers. time he doesn't have.

so yea, he does need a buff.

hes not weak to the point of being broken, but his lvl 1 and 2 and some of his circle and triangle attacks can definitly use a tweak.

Message 8 of 23 (452 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

Dec 14, 2012
@khknight Actually Jak is great in FFA because his attacks hit multiple targets which make up for the low AP gain some of them have. In 1vs1 he has a tougher time because his keepaway moves just don't give enough AP for the area they cover on a single target.
Message 9 of 23 (437 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Sackboy
488 posts

Dec 14, 2012

khknight wrote:

as a jak main myself, i can assure you that his moveset and supers needs a buff. Even bluedimond believed this before he was ban from the forum.

Because jak has a limited amount of attacks that doo good damage, hes forced to use the same attacks over and over again which makes him extemely predictable.

Some of his best attacks like his need laser, peace maker, and mass inverter only gives 5 ap. They need a an ap buff to be truely viable for practical use in combat.

In FFA, jak has the disadvantage because of how long it takes for him to build super, its even harder for him to kill because his supers are easy to miss forcing him to take his time setting up supers. time he doesn't have.

so yea, he does need a buff.

hes not weak to the point of being broken, but his lvl 1 and 2 and some of his circle and triangle attacks can definitly use a tweak.

Jak is my favorite to play as but you nailed it. Said everything I feel.

http://pastadium.forumotion.com/forum

Photobucket
Message 10 of 23 (413 Views)
0 Likes