Jul 16 2012
By: Thirty3Three Treasure Hunter 5693 posts

Jak and Daxter's Story Mode Beginning

[ Edited ]
22 replies 283 views Edited Jul 16, 2012

(NOTE: this was a request, but I wanted to say, I hadn't played J&D before so I'll try my best here okay?)

Jak is roaming through a new and highly-populated city, 'Entrophia' (made the name up, don't judge haha!), and looks around, watching others walking back and forth in this highly-popilated area (Think of New York City, or for those of you outside of America, Tokyo).

As he's walking around, he glances to his left and catches somebody's eyes staring into his own - A scary man, standing still, with fire lit on his head and a sword strapped to his back. Jak haults and looks the man in the eyes. The man grins with a terrifying and evil look. As soon as that happens, a crowd, (or clump, if you will) of pedestrians walk past him, blocking Jak's view of the man. After the group had passed, the man was gone. Daxter popped up onto Jak's shoulder and asked, "Woah, did you see that guy?! What a freak, eh?"
Jak replied, "Yeah... And the way he smiled at me didn't make me feel very good either..."

Jak placed Daxter on the ground next to him, and they walked casually into the Entrophia Local Cafe' and sat down at a booth, with a table between them. Jak leaned over the table and said, "Hey, so, forget 'fire-head'. This won't stop us from having a relaxing time, huh? We're gonna need a break after that whole Haven City deal, right? Just sit back and relax."

"Yo, listen pal, I saved this town like four times from loser criminals and thugs. Help me out here, man. All I got are bills", said a voice, talking to a waiter near the entrance of the cafe.

The waiter replied, "We only take credit cards, sir, you're going to have to find another place."
The voice replied, "Credit cards?! You only take credit cards... What kind of cafe joint only takes cards?! I'd heard of places only takin' cash, but man, this is crazy! And the only other place that sells food is blocks away from here! And what kinda large city only has two food places?! This is insane, man. I'm famous here! "

"I'm sorry, sir." Said the waiter, "If you don't like our policies, I'm afraid you're going to have to take your cash and buy food elsewhere, Mr. MacGrath"
Cole grunted and walked out the door. The waiter walked away. Cole rushed back in through the doors, placed twenty dollars on the cash register and took a seat in a booth next to Jak and Daxter's booth.

"I dunno, Jak, I mean, that guy just kinda freaked me out. And it's like nobody else recognized him! Something must be up if nobody notices a man with a head full of fire. It looked to me like the freak had a bone to pick with ya!", Daxter announced to his companion.

"Yo! Guy! This is gonna sound weird, but you said you saw some guy with fire-hair or somethin'?" Cole asked, leaning over the booth.
"That's right," Daxter said, "And he didn't look friendly either!"
Cole replied, "Yeah... I know that guy. I've been lookin' for him for a while now. Give or take about 5 years now."
Jak turned around, facing Cole's booth and replied, "Who is he?"
"Some criminal. Goes by the name, 'Sweet Tooth'. Guess it's some code-name or somethin'. He's wanted in this town. He kills people and steals from buildin's in the area'. What's even stranger is the fact nobody sees the guy much either. It's like he can travel around invisible, man."

Jak replied, "So you're looking for this 'Sweet Tooth' person, huh? Need help?"
"Aw, come'n, Jak! I thought we were on a break!", Daxter interrupted.
Jak turned back around, "Listen, this guy needs our help. He's been after the creep for 5 years."
"I don't need your help," Cole interrupted, "Look..."
Jak and Daxter turned around only to notice Cole lift his right hand up, flick his fingers, and saw electricity shoot from his thumb into a single light in the cafe that was out, elluminating the building, further.
"WHAAAA?!" Daxter replied, "What are you?!"
Cole said, "I've gained a, eh... power of some sort. I'm fine solo."
Daxter replied, "Okay... Jak... we're gettin' in on this case!"
"It's not a case. Well, not officially," Cole replied, "Like I said, I go solo."
"Nonsense!" Daxter replied, "We'll help ya!"
Jak exclaimed, "We've got some 'things' too that will help you out. We have a pretty big arsenal ourselves."
Cole replied, "Okay, fine. But the second you two get on my nerves, you're out, got it?"
Daxter replied, "Sure thing, pal!"
"It's Cole." Cole replied, beginning to become annoyed by Daxter's personality. "Let's get goin'."
"What 'bout my coffee?!" Daxter replied.
"No time, we gotta hunt this guy down and put him away for good."

Cole got up from his booth, and Jak followed, pulling Daxter by his leg, dragging him out of the cafe. Cole grabbed his money that he placed on the register and walked out, with the duo following.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/OFFICIAL-GEX-for-PSASBR-Thread-Sony-Santa-Monica-Please-Read/m-p/40066215/
Message 1 of 23 (283 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5693 posts

Re: Jak and Daxter's Story Mode Beginning

Jul 16, 2012

Tell me what you guys think! Smiley Happy 

Here's my Crash one in case you're reading my posts backwards, haha!

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Crash-s-Story-Mode-Beginning-If-... 

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/OFFICIAL-GEX-for-PSASBR-Thread-Sony-Santa-Monica-Please-Read/m-p/40066215/
Message 2 of 23 (262 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2494 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 16, 2012

*claps* This was fantastic! You seriously never played any Jak and Daxter game? Because I've think you nailed down the dynamic duo perfectly! Not to mention you did a splendid job of making it feel like a real meeting between Cole and Jak/Daxter with their personalities. I hope it wasn't too much trouble to take my request though.

"A man's venom poisons himself more than his victims."
By the way, just call me Count for short.
Message 3 of 23 (223 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5693 posts

Jul 16, 2012
Thank you so much CountMario! I really appreciate that! And I'd actually never played either games! Hahaha! I'd watched my sister's boyfriend play InFAMOUS 2 for literally 1 minute, so I saw 'little' of what Cole's attitude could be like, I hope I nailed it! haha!

And For jak and Daxter, I saw the trailer for Jak and Daxter's reveal for this game and heard the only thing Daxter said after the whole 'Here comes a new challenger!' thing, and I'd pretty much gotten his whole personality from that haha!

And Jak looks like the more mature one, so I sort of guessed there Smiley Tongue

Thank you so much for the kind words though!

And anytime! It was actually very fun! ^^
Message 4 of 23 (212 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
325 posts

Jul 16, 2012

i really liked it
but Coles personality could be polished a little better

Message 5 of 23 (208 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5693 posts

Jul 16, 2012
Thanks Tromz! Like I'd said, I'd never played any InFAMOUS game before. What could I do better here? I don't exactly know his personality haha!
Message 6 of 23 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
853 posts

Jul 16, 2012
Nice idea, but Cole didn't seem to really be himself. Also, 'Entrophia' seems to be a lot like Empire City (From InFamous 1), just some food for thought. I never played Jak & Daxter either, but I've heard them in various trailers and they seem to be done really well. Nice job.
Message 7 of 23 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5693 posts

Jul 16, 2012
Thanks for the suggestions and the help and info! I really appreciate it! ^^ I don't know Cole's attitude, well haha!
Message 8 of 23 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
325 posts

Jul 16, 2012

Just some lines dont fit his personality
"Yo, listen pal, I saved this town like four times from loser criminals and thugs. Help me out here, man. All I got are bills"

he wouldnt really say "but im famous here"
He's like batman, stays out of the way of 'people' and minds his own buisness

Message 9 of 23 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5693 posts

Jul 16, 2012
Oh! I gotcha! Thanks Smiley Happy

Also everybody! I'm in the process of making Fat Princess' story opening! And yes, it will go along with Crash's from my previous post featuring her :]
Message 10 of 23 (180 Views)
0 Likes