Treasure Hunter
7051 posts

Re: Jak and Daxter Guide

Jan 20, 2013

TwistedAvenger wrote:
I said you don't have to main him to understand him to start obviously someone who has never played him won't no anything, but he is not my main and I feel I understand his character in this game pretty well. Sorry but that's not a fact it's your opinion and no there are not wrong opinions, it is your opionion that there's is wrong but opinions can't be wrong. Some could feel he needs a buff based on evidence you show while others can think the exact opposite and say those things are fine to them. Honestly it is what it is in this case I agree with you that he needs a all around buff.

Alright you know what forget the opinon thing -_- but you are wrong about someone can known his/her character pretty well just from playing against them. As I said you know him/her to an extent but without maining(playing with them for a long period of time)you can't give a good full opinion that is actually reliable. You can to a degree say what character needs a nerf if you played against them long enough but you cannot sit there and get to know a character well just by playing against him. Theres things you will never know until you actually use them a lot. That is indeed a fact. Its common knowledge. I know all of certain characters moves but that doesnt mean I know them well. 

photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 21 of 31 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

Jan 20, 2013
Ok except I was not talking about playing against him, I play Jak a decent amount but he is not my main I have played with him enough were I think I got a pretty decent understanding of him without him being my main.
Message 22 of 31 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7051 posts

Jan 20, 2013

TwistedAvenger wrote:
Ok except I was not talking about playing against him, I play Jak a decent amount but he is not my main I have played with him enough were I think I got a pretty decent understanding of him without him being my main.

Ok? Well if where talking about decent understanding then yes you can always get a decent understanding off playing with a character a couple of times. My point was always about fully knowing a character. 

Only time will tell.
Message 23 of 31 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

Jan 20, 2013
My overall point was is you were saying on the other thread people couldn't really understand at all since they don't main him, which I just don't believe is true obviously you will know more but you can understand him well enough to pass a fair judgement on him without maining him.
Message 24 of 31 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
121 posts

Jan 20, 2013

It really helps to play a chracter for a while, but you don't have to main them...they're all just different tools and hit/hurt boxes.

" Everybody following their heart; that's a loser's strategy"
-Seth Killian
Message 25 of 31 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7051 posts

Jan 20, 2013

TwistedAvenger wrote:
My overall point was is you were saying on the other thread people couldn't really understand at all since they don't main him, which I just don't believe is true obviously you will know more but you can understand him well enough to pass a fair judgement on him without maining him.

Sighs......Thats not what I was saying. I just told you I was talking about knowing a character fully enough to judge him. A fair judgement depends on the situation. The situation was either him needing a buff or not. By saying Jak is perfectly FINE and NOTHING is wrong with him shows that you don't know Jak that well! Jak has some glitches which noone knew, which is what added into me saying that people don't know Jak well enough to state what they said. Jak is not fine and he has some glitches. if you think he is fine the way he is then you don't know him that well. Not everybody grasp on things as fast as you do so you can't use yourself as the main subject and defend something like this.

(Btw you should know wat what parts I was talking in general and when I was directly talking about you). People tend to get that mixed up and chaotic things start happening.

Only time will tell.
Message 26 of 31 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7051 posts

Jan 20, 2013

KLMN76 wrote:

It really helps to play a chracter for a while, but you don't have to main them...they're all just different tools and hit/hurt boxes.

ALl of you people are missing my point!!!

Im not saying you have to main them to get an understanding. Im saying for certain aspects and certain debates you would had to have played him for a long time to talk about certain aspects!

Like if you was asked how would you describe Jak's gameplay style in *great detail* then there you go. Saying he is mobile and plays keep away is not... no. Thats to easy and everyone would know that off a couple little plays against him or with him.

Only time will tell.
Message 27 of 31 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1785 posts

Jan 20, 2013

How bout we just drop this whole thing and do something else? 

Message 28 of 31 (73 Views)
I Only Post Everything
876 posts

Jan 20, 2013

@ BlueDiamond

I've played you more than a few times. Your an awesome **bleep** jak man. I actually can't play at my blackbelt level as anyone but drake so trust me I feel your pain. I'm constantly "arguing" with people about him. I say "arguing" because its mostly people who do not play Drake going "look at that infinite" or "nerf those barrels". I remember about 95% of my barrels I tried to use on you were just blocked or you blew them up with ranged moves and I was almost always forced to use all hand to hand vs you. 

Anyway moral of the story: don't waste time arguing with these guys, people who actually are on your level respect your advice/opinions (I am trying to learn Jak as my 2nd and honestly only because of you and another jak I face a bunch and you tend to whoop me) Keep up the good work and see you on the battle field homey.

"ZA ZA ZA ZA ZING"
Mains: Jak, Isaac Subs: Spike, Drake, Evil Cole
6 Seasons with Black Belt! (should be 8)
Message 29 of 31 (64 Views)
Sackboy
478 posts

Jan 21, 2013

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

KLMN76 wrote:

ALl of you people are missing my point!!!

Im not saying you have to main them to get an understanding. Im saying for certain aspects and certain debates you would had to have played him for a long time to talk about certain aspects!

Like if you was asked how would you describe Jak's gameplay style in *great detail* then there you go. Saying he is mobile and plays keep away is not... no. Thats to easy and everyone would know that off a couple little plays against him or with him.

I get you bud Smiley Tongue ive been playing with him since launch (hence me making the guide)
could you please explain what you think is wrong with the guide so i could update it? it would be greatly appreciated Smiley Happy

and youre right about him being mobile, sure he can stay in the air a long time, but supers that aim up get you easy. he has no quick ground move like raiden or big daddy, all he has for mobility is extra jumps

also, what are your thoughts on meing able to shoot while spinning mid air?

Message 30 of 31 (42 Views)